April 13th, 2013
· Allow coloured points for non-orthogonal plots (polar, ternary)
· Remove unnecessary exception data
March 25th, 2013
· Add new broken axis widget with gaps in the numerical sequence
· Grid lines are plotted always under (or over) the data
· Shift+Scroll wheel scrolls left/right (thanks to Dave Hughes)
· Polar plots can have a "minimum" radius and log axes
· Many more LaTeX symbols added
· Add SAMP/VoTable support (thanks to Graham Bell)
· New shifted-points xy line mode, which plots a stepped line with the points shifted to lie between the coordinates given
· Points can be picked to console and/or clipboard (thanks to Valerio Mussi)
· Allow reversed ternary plot
July 9th, 2012Changes:
· Experimental MathML support
· Add upper/lower-left/right arrows
· Add options to clip text/lines/shapes to graphs
· Add stacked-area option to bar plot widget
· Draw stacked bar plots top-down for better overlapping line behaviour
· Axis labels can be placed at left or right of axes, in addition to centre
· Line widget now has length-angle or point-to-point modes. Better support for only specifying some coordinates.
· Exception dialog records more detailed traceback
· Use top level windows for non-modal dialogs, giving minimize in window and no always-on-top behaviour
· Zero length vectors and arrows in vector fields are not plotted
· Add support for strings to be translated
· Add "Sort" dataset plugin
· Add "Histogram 2D" dataset plugin
· Add "Divide by Maximum" and "Normalize" dataset plugins
· Support for *args and **kwargs for custom functions
· Custom colormaps can be defined in the custom editing dialog
· Use correct definition of 1pt = 1/72in
· Workaround for splash screen problem
· Fix numerous problems reported by pyflakes
· Histograms fail when saved
· Fix plot with nan functions
· Fix failure of self tests on ARM platforms
· Force pages/documents to have physical sizes
· Fix crash if deleting multiple datasets in data edit dialog
· Check dimensions of datasets in SetData
· Handle better zero bytes in data files
· Fix error if page size zero
· Fix error if vector baselength is zero
· If dataset plugin parameter not given in saved file, use default
· Fix crash for axes with same minimum and maximum
· Fix CSV import problem when same dataset has multiple types
· Thinning markers works when using marker sizes / colors
April 4th, 2012Improved hatching:
· More hatch styles
· Adjust spacing of hatching
· Change hatching line style
· Allow hatching background color
· Axes will not extend beyond specified min and max values
· Add options to extend axes by 2, 5, 10 and 15% of data range
· Ctrl+MouseWheel zooms in and out of plot
· Full screen graph view mode
· New dataset plugins
· Linear interpolation
· Cumulative value
· Rolling average
· Subtract mean / minimum
· Allow grid widgets to be placed in grid widgets
· Catch EnvironmentError exceptions on Windows
· Allow multiple datasets to be selected in dataset browser
· Allow tagging of datasets and allow datasets be grouped by tags in dataset browser
· Allow text to be written as text in SVG, rather than curves
· Add DBus interface to program, if DBus is installed
· 2D QDP support
· Add setup.py options for packagers
· --veusz-resource-dir : location of data files
· Add title option for keys
November 25th, 2011
· Added interactive tutorial
· Points in graphs can be colored depending on another dataset and the scale shown in a colorbar widget
· Improved CSV import
· better data type detection
· locale-specific numeric and date formats
· single/multiple/none header modes
· option to skip lines at top of file
· better handling of missing values
· Data can be imported from clipboard
· Substantially reduced size of output SVG files
· In standard data import, descriptor can be left blank to generate dataset names colX
· Axis plotting range can be interactively manipulated
· If axis is in date-time format, show and allow the min and max values to be in date-time format
· ImageFile widget can have image data embedded in document file
· Fit widget can update the fit parameters and fit quality to a label widget
· Allow editing of 2D datasets in data edit dialog
· Add copy and paste dataset command to dataset browser context menu
June 28th, 2011
· Multiple widgets can now be selected for editing properties
· Add Edit->Select menu and context menu for above
· Added context menu on dataset browser for filenames to reload, delete or unlink all associated datasets
· New tree-like dataset browsing widget is shown in data edit dialog
· Importing 1D fits images is now supported
· Date / time data has its own dataset type
· The data edit dialog box can create or edit date/time data in human-readable form
· Add LaTeX commands \cdot, \nabla, \overline plus some arrows
· Inform user in exception dialog if a new version is available
· Add linevertbar and linehorzbar error bar styles
· Fix crash on filling filled error regions if no error bars
· Remove grouping separator to numbers in locale as it creates ambiguous lists of numbers
· Undo works properly for boolean and integer settings
· Prevent widgets getting the same names when dragging and dropping
· Hidden plot widgets are ignored when calculating axis ranges
· Combo boxes are now case sensitive when displaying matches with previous text
· Fix errors if plotting DatasetRange or Dataset1DPlugin datasets against data with nan values
· Fix division by zero in dataset preview
· Do not leave settings pointing to deleted widgets after an undo
· Fix errors when using super/subscripts of super/subscripts
· Fix crash when giving positions of bar plot and labels
· Do not allow dataset names to be invalid after remaining
· Several EMF format bug fixes, including not showing hidden lines
· and not connecting points making curves
· Stop crash when contouring zero-sized datasets
September 2nd, 2010
· Added "Dataset plugins" to easily allow the user to write or load Python code to make new datasets, optionally linked to existing datasets.
· Includes plugins as standard for
· Adding and multiplying constants or datasets
· Dividing datasets
· Computing means of datasets
· Computing extremes of datasets
· Joining or combining datasets as parts or element by element
· Thinning points from datasets
· Converting from polar to Cartesian coordinates
· Filtering datasets using expressions
· See here for details: http://barmag.net/veusz-wiki/DatasetPlugins
· Added "Tools plugins" which allow the user to write Veusz macros in Python which can take parameters and be added to the menu.
· Includes plugins for
· Randomizing or replacing colors
· Finding and replacing text
· Increasing / decreasing font sizes
· Cloning widgets for different datasets
· See here for details: http://barmag.net/veusz-wiki/ToolsPlugins
· C++ code added to speed up data to image conversion
· Add vector field plot type
· Add text dataset support for Import plugins
· Add "Node" embedding interface to easily allow manipulation of the widget/setting tree. See http://barmag.net/veusz-wiki/EmbeddingPython
· Veusz now starts in home directory or previous directory used. This can be switched off in the preferences dialog to use current directory.
· Distances specified in points now show drop down box with common point sizes to make increasing/decreasing sizes much easier.
Minor features added:
· Color selectors are updated if new colors added to other color selectors
· Exception dialog box uses web to send data rather than email, so no mail transfer agent is required.
· Text entry box brought up with '..' goes away when clicking outside it
· Improvements to appearance of buttons in Mac OS X
· Fixed dataset expressions for zero-dimension expressions
· Dialog boxes are properly destroyed on closing to stop memory leaks
· Do not give error if same dataset defined in dataset dialog and descriptor in data file
· Fix license on some C++ files
· Use correct web browser when clicking on links in menus
· Exceptions are caught and user notified when loading plugins
· Missing recent files are removed from recent files menu
· Non finite values ignored when fitting data
· When fitting data min and max properties used if set
March 29th, 2010
· Widgets can be moved by dragged and dropped in the widget tree, or copied by holding down ctrl at the same time
· Tick labels are centred if possible at the start and ends of axes
· When putting graphs in grid, axis labels and tick labels are placed in much better positions
· Embedding module is shipped in binary versions
· Grid lines can be drawn on axis minor ticks
· Contour widget can draw minor (dotted) contours between main contours
· Logarithmic contours have proper logarithmic spacing
· Fixes for widget names and dataset names with Unicode characters, including copy and paste
· Optional smoothing in the image widget
· Errors in evaluating expressions are logged in the console window, and do not show exceptions
· Fix problems when importing multiple symbols from python modules in the custom import dialog
· Use minus sign for negative numbers in tick labels, rather than hyphens
· Contour widget lines can have transparency
· Datasets are sorted by name when writing to saved document
· Use correct status for paste button when starting application
· Add option for extra space between axes and tick labels, and axis labels
· Preference added for background color of exported bitmaps
· Add IsClosed() and WaitForClose() embedding functions to check whether plot window is closed, or to wait for closing of plot window.
January 26th, 2010
· User defined constants, functions or external Python imports can be defined for use when evaluating expressions.
· Import descriptor is much more tolerant of syntax, e.g. "x,+- y,+,-" can now be specified as "x +- y + -".
· New SVG export (PyQt >= 4.6). Supports clipping and exports text as paths for full WYSIWYG.
· Dataset names can now contain any character except "`". Names containing non-alphanumeric characters can be quoted in expressions `like so`*1.23
· Widget names can contain any character except "/"
· A transparency dataset can be provided to specify the per-pixel transparency of the image widget.
· A polygon widget has been added.
· There is a new option to place axis ticks outside the plot (outer ticks setting on axis widget)
· Several new line styles have been added.
· Several new plotting markers have been added.
· The capture dialog can optionally retain the last N values captured.
· Use of flat cap line style for plotting error bars for exactness.
· Add fixes for saving imported unicode text.
· Fix image colors for big endian systems (e.g. Mac PPC).
· Add boxfill error bar style, plotting errors as filled boxes.
· Positive and negative error bars are forced to have the correct sign.
September 28th, 2009
· EMF export (requires pyemf and PyQt snapshot)
· Character encodings supported in data import
· Rewritten stylesheet handling. User can now set defaults in document for all settings. This is now under the Edit->Default Styles dialog.
· A default stylesheet can be loaded for all new documents (set in preferences dialog)
· Linked datasets saved in documents now use relative filename paths (with absolute paths as fallback)
· Axes can now have text labels of points plotted along them (choose "labels" as axis mode)
· Dataset points can be scaled to different sizes according to another dataset (this is the "Scale markers" option for point plotters)
More minor changes:
· Custom delimiter support in CSV data importer
· Add SetDataText and support text in GetData in command API
· dot and ar added to LaTeX renderer
· Option to change icon sizes displayed
· Rearrange toolbar icons and create data and widget operation toolbars
· Zoom button remembers previous usage
· Conversion from 1D->2D datasets more robust
· Expression datasets can now be a constant value
· Uses colors form theme better and allow user to change some UI colors in preferences
· Fix contours if coordinates can be infinite (e.g. log scaling with zero value)
· nan/inf are no longer ignored when the ignore text option is selected in import dialog
· Several other minor UI changes and bugfixes
June 4th, 2009
· Dates can be plotted on axes
· Bar graph component, support bars in groups and stacked bars with error bars
· text lines can be ignored in imported files
· prefix and suffix can be added to dataset names
· more robust import dialog
· Markers can be "thinned" for large datasets
· Further LaTeX support, including frac for fractions and \ for line breaks.
· Keys show error bars on datasets with errors
· Axes can scale plotted data by a factor
· Mac OS X binary now shows icons
More minor changes:
· Mathematical expressions can be entered in many places where numbers are entered (e.g. axis minima)
· Many more latex symbols
· Text labels can also be placed outside graphs directly on pages
· Dataset expressions can be edited
· Data can be copied out of data edit dialog. Rows can be inserted or deleted.
· Mac format line terminators are allowed in import files
· Preview window resizes properly in import dialog
December 2nd, 2008
· Shapes, lines and arrows can be added to the plot, moved with the mouse and resized. Pages, graphs, grids, axes and labels can be moved with the mouse or resized interactively. Graph keys can have multiple columns. Error bars can have cross-ends placed along them. The embedding interface has been made more robust and expanded and now works under Windows. Linux, Windows and Mac OS X binaries are now provided.
October 3rd, 2008
· Veusz can now automatically rescale axes when plotting functions.
· Labels on plots can be dragged around using the mouse.
· Many plotting symbols have been added to the program.
· Plots can be exported in SVG format.
· A lot of code behind the axis scaling and the plot window has been rewritten and several minor bugs have been fixed.