Sylpheed is an open source, GTK+ based, lightweight, and fast email client.
Sylpheed features multiple accounts, POP3/APOP support, thread display, and multi-part MIME, and much more.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· The ability of opening external eml files was added.
· Sylpheed now accepts mailto: and file: URL without command-line option.
· (sylpheed file:///path/to/file.eml)
· Attached files can be opened from the attachment tool menu.
· 'Export only selected messages' option was added to the message export dialog.
· The option to specify the position of the attach tool button was added.
· The header labels on the header view now have tooltips.
· Win32: mailto and .eml association are automatically set to default on Windows 7 on installation.
· The sylpheed.desktop file was modified so that desktop shells can recognize Sylpheed as rfc822 and mailto handler.
· Attached files are now placed first on the message view.
· The attachment tool menu was moved to the left of the header view.
· The option 'Toggle attachment list view with tab' and 'Show attached files first on message view' were added at 'Common preferences - Display - Attachment'.
· The import/export of messages became cancellable.
· config.rpath and install-sh script in the tarball were updated.
· The Japanese manual was updated.
· Win32: included libtiff library was updated to 3.9.7 (security fix).
· Some compilation fixes were made.
· A minor memory leak related to tooltips was fixed.
· The drag-without-button-press bug on IMAP folders was fixed (#93).
· The sylpheed.spec file was fixed so that it builds on x86_64 platform, and also builds sylpheed-plugins package.
· IMAP FETCH command response parser was fixed.