A final version should be available by the end of the year
The fourth milestone release of the Phoronix Test Suite 4.0 (Randaberg) has been announced today, October 8th, by Michael Larabel.Phoronix Test Suite 4.2 Milestone 1 brings the following changes:
• Text formatting of the phoronix-test-suite result-file-to-text [result file] sub-command has been improved;
• Set SKIP_TEST_SUPPORT_CHECKS=1 environment variable for debugging purposes to run tests on unsupported platforms;
• When the Phoronix Test Suite is run as root on a Linux system, the system memory's (RAM) vendor and part number will attempt to be queried using DMI;
• Support for suspending the screensaver automatically on Xfce4 desktops has been added;
• Support to download caches at /media/*/*/download-cache/ has been added;
• Support for OPENGL_DRIVER as a run-time variable has been added;
• Support detection for Exynos ARM cores has been improved;
• Initial support for reading node power over IPMI has been implemented.
The final version of the Phoronix Test Suite 4.0 app is expected to arrive sometime in November or December.
Download Phoronix Test Suite 4.2 Milestone 1 right now from Softpedia. Remember that this is a beta version and it should NOT be installed on production machines. It is intended for testing purposes only.