May 29th, 2013
· A regression in selection was fixed.
· A workaround was added for icon misconfiguration in KDE 4.8 on OpenSuSE.
April 27th, 2013
· Improves configurability of openpty versus posix_openpt functions.
· Adds a new feature PasteControls to enable control characters (other than formatting) to be pasted.
· Several minor bugfixes.
February 27th, 2013
· This version fixes the special case of the #282 change for "alternateScroll" to allow the wheel-mouse to work properly in the scrollbar area.
February 14th, 2013
· Fixes an incomplete revert of a change in the previous patch, which caused incorrect display in the scrollback area.
February 9th, 2013
· This fixes several minor bugs, and also updates the wide-character width tables for Unicode 6.2.
January 10th, 2013
· This version fixes issues found by Coverity and adds other small bugfixes and code cleanup.
November 26th, 2012
· Several small bugfixes/improvements.
· One is a fix for the -iconic option broken in #282 when the icon pixmap is configured.
· The other fixes are for older problems.
October 31st, 2012
· This version fixes four bugs, chiefly a workaround for a bug in GDM exposed by the change in patch #282 that identifies the window manager.
· The other fixes add a check for misconfiguration of the printerCommand resource and improve transformation of the manpage to other formats.
October 25th, 2012
· This version fixes two minor bugs, improves recovery from misconfigured colors, and adds test scripts for building the FreeBSD port and for demonstrating OSC 4 color-queries.
October 15th, 2012
· Fixes bugs reported with the #283 release (regression in the --regex configure option and undesirable interaction with existing iconName behavior).
October 10th, 2012
· This version adds further improvements for icon configurability and cleanup of the configure script to remove obsolete checks.
September 29th, 2012
· Several bugfixes and new features, including new escape sequences and a new icon.
June 27th, 2012
· This version fixes two regressions in patch #280 (one affects packaging, the other keyboard).
June 25th, 2012
· This version changes the default emulation level to VT420 (reflecting implementation of margins in patch #279), adds/modifies configure script options to support icon-themes, and includes several minor bugfixes and other feature enhancements.
January 19th, 2012
· Fixed two regressions.
January 8th, 2012
· Provides the ability to bind keys to actions which use the selection (or selectable text) from the screen as data.
· Other new features include control sequences for left/right scrolling and some new flavors of mouse replies.
· There are new resource settings for limiting visual bell to the current line, as well as for limiting the eightBitInput feature.
· Finally, there are portability and other fixes.
October 11th, 2011
· Recovery when bitmap fonts are not installed was improved, and an additional workaround was provided for a recent breakage in the FreeType library.
· A minor bug was fixed and the condition for setting the XTERM_SHELL variable was relaxed.
September 13th, 2011
· This release fixes a minor regression in #274, and reverts a change to handling of the SHELL environment variable from #272.
· That change exposed a bug (also fixed in this release).
September 6th, 2011
· portability fixes for cygwin: do not define SVR4, and work around nonstandard header location.
· ifdef'd use of unsetenv from patch #273 changes to work with Solaris 9 (report by Waldemar Rachwal).
· modify logic for XtAppPending to merge adjacent Expose and ConfigureNotify events which are redundant (report by Edward McGuire).
· fix an unneeded warning message when -r option is given.
· remove a few redundant entries from table used for helping abbreviation-checking of command-line options, makes -geom work again after patch #272 changes as an abbreviation of -geometry.
· add scaleHeight resource and command-line option -sh as workaround for some font-configurations broken by changes in FreeType 2.4.6 (report by Miroslav Hodak).
· portability fixes for some configure macros: CF_FUNC_TGETENT, CF_XOPEN_SOURCE, CF_X_ATHENA_LIBS.
· add configure option --with-freetype-config to improve selection over the plethora of configuration options which freetype has so far provided.
· build-fix for configure --enable-load-vt-fonts when --enable-widec is not specified.
· build-fixes for suppressing various features, needed after changes in patches 270, 271 and 272 (report by Brian Lindholm)
August 25th, 2011
· This release fixes two regressions in patch #272, as well as two older bugs.
August 25th, 2011
· This version revises the command line parsing, providing checks for ambiguous options.
· There are also fixes for the "-into" option and selection, as well as several configurability improvements.
July 15th, 2011
· The printFileOnXError feature from #270 was extended, providing configurable menu entries for writing the screen contents (and saved-lines) to a file.
· Many minor bug-fixes and portability improvements also were made.
April 26th, 2011
· build-fix, e.g., for using imake on platforms which use the termcap library.
· modify utf8 resource to accept a name.
· mention default for fontWarnings in manpage (report by Werner Scheinast).
· split "UTF-8" menu entry into "UTF-8 Encoding" and "UTF-8 Fonts".
· gray-out font-menu entries when a font fails to load, e.g., a bitmap font is not installed.
· add configure option --with-desktop-category to allow customization of the ".desktop" files.
· build-fix for the install-desktop makefile-rule, when the source/build directories differ (patch by Loïc Minier).
· add menu entry and corresponding resource which can be used to suppress all bold-fonts (discussion with Jan Engelhardt).
· make internal line-size value consistent with allocated sizes of character and related arrays to ensure that bulk copying of line data, e.g., in scrolling, accounts for the padding used for pointer alignment (adapted from patch by Rajesh Mandalemula, also reported by Ali Bahar).
· widen ifdef for screen-resizing logic from patch #176 changes to send SIGWINCH to process group to include any system supporting ioctl(*,TIOCGPGRP,*) (prompted by linux-specific patch in OpenSUSE rpm package).
· add printModeOnXError and printFileOnXError resources, which allow the user to specify that xterm will write the contents of its screen to a file if it is exiting due to an X error (Debian #280457).
· restore logic that made reverse-video apply to the scrollbar's foreground/background, broken in patch #158 (report by Bryan Ischo).
· amend some of the window operations parameter-checks added in patch #251 for the push/pop title feature, to allow the parameters used for window resizing to be -1's, which makes the corresponding values ignored rather than using the window's maximum width/height (report by Noah Friedman).
· correct order of initialization for translations vs fullscreen resources to enable a special case which omits the Alt-Enter translation when fullscreen is disabled (Debian #612978).
· update config.guess, config.sub
November 22nd, 2010
· Configure-script fixes to accommodate ongoing xorg changes to package scripts.
· Minor fixes to trim blanks from color resources.
· Formatting changes to simplify building a database comparing xterm and terminal emulators claiming to implement "most" of its control sequences (see the FAQ for results).
October 25th, 2010
· An additional fix for a regression from patch #263.
· RPM and dpkg scripts for test builds.
October 24th, 2010
· fix a regression in fontname logic from patch #263 changes (Debian #600707, reported by Vincent Lefevre).
· revert modification of any-event/any-button protocol from patch #263 changes. It interferes with selection using a shifted mouse button (reports by Neil Bird, Bram Moolenaar).
October 14th, 2010
· Several minor bugfixes and small feature enhancements needed for ongoing work in ncurses.
August 30th, 2010
· Extended mouse-coordinate mode was added, supporting row/column values past 2000.
· For VT320 and up, request-mode reports were added, which show ANSI, DEC, and xterm modes.
June 28th, 2010
· Fixed a regression in renderFont logic from changes made in patch #260.
October 14th, 2009
· This release adds bugfixes for the "packed-font" feature, other improvements for TrueType fonts, and an improved workaround for the X library hardcoded limit on resources with the 88-color configuration.
October 2nd, 2009
· Several bugs related to displaying while the terminal is scrolled back to view saved lines were fixed.
· Handling of nominally fixed-pitch fonts containing a mixture of single/double-width glyphs with the "Packed Font" feature was improved.
August 31st, 2009
· This release fixes a size calculation for configurations with 16-bit characters and corrects the range of lines printed for the new print-everything action.
· It updates the configuration for DragonFly to use the openpty function.
August 13th, 2009
· An indexing error when saving to the circular buffer was fixed.
March 29th, 2009
· revert change to default for allowTcapOps (request by Bram Moolenaar).
· reallocate result returned by xtermEnvLocale() to avoid reference to freed memory after handling menuLocale resource.
· fix an old (X11R5) bug in tek4014 for switching fontsizes.
· add resource defaultString to make configurable the use of "#" when pastes of UTF-8 text fail due to limitations in the current locale settings.
· make the set of selection target Atom's configurable by two new resources eightBitSelectTypes and utf8SelectTypes, e.g., to use the TEXT Atom in preference to UTF8_STRING (discussion with Stanislav Sedov regarding koi8rxterm and the FreeBSD port).
· modify handling of TARGETS Atom by making it return exactly the set of targets as those which xterm is currently providing.
· set MANPAGER and PAGER explicitly to /bin/cat in minstall.sh to work around /etc/man.conf's with those variables already set (report by Марьясин Семён).
· improve error-checking of tcap-query parser.
· add check for keyboard tcap), which ensures that terminal descriptions containing the same string for shifted/unshifted keys will be seen by tcap-query as only the unshifted key. (This would only happen with an incorrect terminal description).
· fix conversion for input event-state to modifier-parameter which made tcap-query feature not work with tcapFunctionKeys (keyboard type tcap).
· add "DEF_ALLOW_XXX" definitions to main.h to allow overriding the default compiled-in values for "allowxxx" resources.
· remove check on bell-percentage added in patch #242, which disallowed zero/negative values (Redhat Bugzilla #487829).
February 16th, 2009
· This release adds menu entries for enabling/disabling the various "allow" features.
· It adds a resource for controlling when warnings for missing fonts are reported.
· There are several minor bugfixes and performance improvements.
January 14th, 2009
· correct a cast in input.c, which broke translation of numeric keypad codes to pageup, pagedown, etc., on 64-bit platform (Debian #511138, report by Larry Doolittle).
December 31st, 2008
· Several minor improvements to runtime configurability of control sequences used by applications to obtain information from xterm, as well as fixes to improve robustness.
September 15th, 2008
· This release provides an option for underline-cursor.
· It improves font switching via keypad shortcut for TrueType fonts.
· There are minor fixes/improvements.