New in version 1.14
November 16th, 2011
- This bugfix release corrects an issue related to the html2txt module when used in filter hook scripts.
- It's recommended for all users to upgrade to this release from previous releases.
- No new features have been introduced since the last release.
New in version 1.7 (January 3rd, 2009)
- This version now allows you to convert HTML of Web pages to plain text using either Lynx (via "-dump"), html2text, or simply by stripping all HTML tags via a regular expression. This feature has to be enabled on a per-URL basis in the user-defined hooks.
New in version 1.6 (December 23rd, 2008)
- This release adds support for Python 2.6 and above by using the hashlib module instead of the (deprecated) sha module for generating hashes.
- Python versions before 2.5 are still supported and will use the sha module for generating hashes, just like the previous versions.
New in version 1.5 (November 19th, 2008)
- Support for system-wide installation was added.
- The ~/.urlwatch/ directory is used for user settings.
- The BSD license is used.
- A setup.py script was added.
- Command-line options and verbose logging mode were added.
- Example files are copied on first start.
- A Unix manual page was added.
New in version 1.4 (November 14th, 2008)
- This release adds support for cleaning bad HTML (long lines, etc.) with python-utidylib (W3C's HTMLTidy) and adds a module and support for converting iCalendar (*.ics) files to plaintext for easy-to-use iCalendar watching.