New in version 1.2.9
October 26th, 2011
- This is a maintenance release, fixing several bugs.
New in version 1.3.4 (July 17th, 2011)
- This update fixes several problems, including: corrupted Samba URIs when adding a new printer; not showing translated messages; and some issues with tracebacks.
- It also removes the printer groups feature, as there is no prospect of it being used in the GTK+ print dialog.
- The udev-configure-printer utility now has the ability to enumerate the attached devices, and to do this as a systemd service instead of from the CUPS init script.
New in version 1.3.2 (March 21st, 2011)
- Translations have been fixed.
- Added support for extra job options
- Many tracebacks have been fixed.
- Several fixes for driver selection were made.
New in version 1.3.0 (February 17th, 2011)
- This release adds support for starting the CUPS service if not running.
- PPD caching and other speed-ups. XML-based driver preference rules.
- More foolproof printer model name matching.
- Many other improvements.
New in version 1.2.7 (February 10th, 2011)
- This version includes improvements to the DNS-SD support as well as some user interface bugfixes.
New in version 1.2.6 (January 17th, 2011)
- Some speed enhancements were made, as well as several bugfixes.
New in version 1.2.5 (October 13th, 2010)
- Some driver matching bugs have been fixed, as well as some user interface issues.
New in version 1.2.4 (August 24th, 2010)
- Many bugs have been fixed and translations have been updated.
New in version 1.1.18 (March 10th, 2010)
- 2010-03-09 Tim Waugh Treat hpcups-requiring-plugin as 3rd party proprietary (bug #547837). Rua bootstrap against autoconf-2.65.
- 2010-03-09 Jiri Popelka Fixed jobviewer traceback when closing notification (bug #571603). * jobviewer.py (Jobviewer.cleanup, Jobviewer.now_connected): Ignore glib.GError when closing not yet shown notification.
- 2010-03-05 Tim Waugh Fixed typo in data button setting function.
- 2010-02-28 Tim Waugh Import gobject in gtkspinner.
- 2010-02-26 Tim Waugh Added simple program to check IEEE 1284 Device IDs against PPDs. Allow IPP_INTERNAL_ERROR when fetching PPD for empty class (bug #567920).
- 2010-02-22 Tim Waugh Removed HP and Kyocera IEEE 1284 Device ID hacks.
- 2010-02-22 Jiri Popelka Catch RuntimeError in statereason.py when cupsGetPPD2 fails (#566938).
- 2010-02-21 Tim Waugh Display a warning when the wrong IEEE 1284 Device ID is detected.
- 2010-02-18 Tim Waugh Added compatibility code for unofficial DevicesGet D-Bus interface. * cupspk.py (Connection.getDevices): Use empty list for schemes defaults. Catch TypeError on D-Bus call and use old API in that case. * asyncpk1.py (PK1Connection.__init__): Use introspection to discover which interface to use for DevicesGet. (PK1Connection.getDevices): Use old or new interface as appropriate.
- 2010-02-17 Vincent Untz Update the PolicyKit code to use the correct signature for DevicesGet The DevicesGet dbus method was originally developed as a patch, and when it got integrated in cups-pk-helper, the signature changed a bit.
- 2010-02-11 Tim Waugh Avoid clearing selecting device settings when adding printer. * system-config-printer.py (NewPrinterUGI.add_devices): Don't set the cursor in the URIs treeview if a device was already selected by the user.
- 2010-02-10 Tim Waugh Use gtk.STOCK_* instead of 'gtk-*' throughout. Use stock 'add' icon for new-printer button (Ubuntu #394071). * system-config-printer.py (GUI.__init__): Use 'add' instead of 'new' for new-printer button. Part of trac #64.
New in version 1.1.13 (September 15th, 2009)
- Mainly translation fixes, as well as a speed improvement when fetching devices for a new print queue.
New in version 1.1.12 (August 26th, 2009)
- Some usability improvements have been added concerning status display of printers and jobs.
- Several bugs have been fixed, including a traceback when printing a test page to a newly-added printer.
New in version 1.1.3 (February 3rd, 2009)
- As well as fixing several small bugs, this release has moved the printer state messages from the job viewer to the printer properties dialog.
New in version 1.1.2 (January 15th, 2009)
- Ink levels are now displayed when available.
- Accessibility improvements have been made by adding accessibility relations between labels and their controls.
- A notification is given when a job is completed.
New in version 1.1.1 (January 5th, 2009)
- This release begins a new stable branch with many enhancements since 1.0.x.
New in version 1.0.12 (December 1st, 2008)
- File descriptor and temporary file leaks were fixed.
- HPLIP is not automatically used for network printers.
New in version 1.0.11 (November 21st, 2008)
- Many small bugfixes and updated translations.
New in version 1.0.9 (October 22nd, 2008)
- Several translations have been updated.
- Some user interface bugs have been fixed.
- The SMB authentication dialog has been fixed.
New in version 1.0.8 (September 29th, 2008)
- Printers created from custom PPDs now have better suggested names.
- A display problem with installable options has been fixed.
- Lexmark printer matching has been improved.
- A traceback in the advanced server settings dialog has been fixed.
- The OpenPrinting API has been extended.
- Jockey support has been added.
- Many translations have been updated.
New in version 1.0.7 (August 29th, 2008)
- This release adds several bugfixes and small user interface improvements.