May 11th, 2013
· cdrtools is now at version 3.01a14, and now supports root-less operation on Linux using fcaps.
· #include file reordering was undertaken to avoid warnings on older platforms.
· Job processing code was moved from smake/make.c to smake/job.c.
· A typo in include/schily/stat.h that caused setting of nanoseonds in timestamps to be impossible for NetBSD and OpenBSD was fixed.
February 16th, 2013
· This version fixes a problem in star with "star --xattr -find relative_path ..." smake has been bumped to version 1.2.3.
· Avoids a false GCC warning when compiling the termcap program.
· The man page sccsfile.4 has been rewritten to make it easier to understand.
· cdrtools has been bumped to version 3.01a12.
· The UDF implementation in mkisofs has been enhanced to support all typical UNIX file types, all three timestamps in microsecond granularity, the suid/sgid/sticky file flags, and correct credentials for symlinks.
January 15th, 2013
· A bug introduced in the last smake version that caused empty command lines to fail was fixed.
· A bug in the Bourne Shell that may cause PATH to be ignored if it ends in ':' was fixed.
· Cdrtools was bumped to version 3.01a11 and Star to version 1.5.2.
January 10th, 2013
· This version optimizes command execution to help systems with slow fork() (like Cygwin).
· Smake now may be compiled to enforce the Bourne Shell as default SHELL to speed up work on Cygwin.
· A workaround for Cygwin-1.7.17 and newer has been added, and handles the missing PACKED definition and the incompatible change related to BOOL in windef.h.
· The Schily Makefilesystem now defines $(SPACE) and $(NUMBER_SIGN), characters that usually cannot appear in Makefiles.
· cpp now includes a pre-yacced cpy.y to allow to create a fully functional binary on Systems without yacc (such as Cygwin and HP-UX).
January 4th, 2013
· This version has been upgraded to smake-1.2.2 and cdrtools-3.01a10.
December 28th, 2012
· Supports POSIX SUS issue 7 for loop in the Bourne Shell.
· The man page of the Bourne Shell is free of Sun cruft and follows the man page man(5).
· cpp defines __BUILTIN_VA_ARG_INCR like the Sun cpp does since SunOS-4.0.
· Better dependencies for parallel builds. Support for Debian on the FreeBSD kernel.
· upport for the Syllable clone Pyro.
· Better compliance with cl.exe.
· Cdrtools have been bumped to 3.01a09.
May 7th, 2012
· Several minor bugs in the Bourne Shell have been fixed.
· The Bourne Shell now has the built-in commands "savehistory", "map", and "repeat".
· The mapper (used by sh, bsh, and ved) now has better defaults for cursor mappings.
· The man page for the Bourne Shell now includes a complete description of the command history editor.
· The libxtermcap implementation now supports tc= nesting of 64 instead of 32.
· The termcap program has had several small bugfixes and now allows the user to output unknown termcap entries in order.
April 21st, 2012
· The Bourne Shell now supports umask -S and a symbolic POSIX compliant mode to set umask.
· The Bourne Shell builtin "read" now supports the POSIX option -r.
· The Bourne Shell builtin "ulimit" now supports the options -l, -m, and -u for better *BSD and Linux compatibility.
· All known unfixed bugs in the SVr4.0 Bourne Shell from 1990 have been fixed.
· The Bourne Shell man page got a major reworking and, among other features, describes the commandline history editor.
November 15th, 2011
· SCCS was bumped to SCCS-5.06.
· The -edc-corr algorimth in readcd(1) was enhanced.
· Star now tries to avoid some non-helpful warnings from GCC-4.x.
· Some typos in the cdrecord man page have been fixed.
August 30th, 2011
· Some additional portability enhancements were made for compiling with MSC on Win-DOS.
· SCCS was enhanced to SCCS-v5.03 plus some new states, such as a new program sccscvt to convert SCCS v4 history files to SCCS v6 history files.
August 11th, 2011
· Many workarounds for the Microsoft compiler have been added.
· cdrtools now mostly compile and run on WIN-DOS using the Microsoft compiler.
· SCCS was bumped to release 5.02.
July 28th, 2011
· Support for cross compilation was added to autoconf.
· Support for cross compiling for Android was added.
· Mingw32 support was enhanced.
· SCCS was bumped to release 5.1.
June 23rd, 2011
· A new rule RULES/profiled.lnk allows this release to call: smake COPTX=-pg LDOPTX=-pg LINKMODE=profiles.
· A new function permtostr() in libschily allows it to convert a mode_t like stat.st_mode into a chmod compliant string like: u=rw,g=r,o=r. libscg::scsi-aix.c was updated with some experimental code to support two new SCSI kernel interfaces on AIX.
· star::longnames.c now uses a hack with a 101 char array t_name to avoid an incorrect buffer overflow warning from gcc.
· Several SCCS enhancements to bump SCCS to 1.1beta5.
June 9th, 2011
· Many small enhancements were made to the SCCS system.
· An automated test suite for SCCS was added.
· Mkisofs now supports creating EFI boot records with El Torito.
· Mkisofs now supports defining the modification date in the primary Volume descriptor to set up an UUID for grub.
April 26th, 2011
· Star adds an option -lzip for automatic recognition of lzip archives.
· libfind no longer exits if path strings cannot be allocated.
· SCCS "val" now supports dir type CLI args that result in scanning the related directory for s. files.
· SCCS "val" now gives debug messages with val -T, including line numbers for the s. file.
· SCCS "sccs" now permits -R together with "val".
· SCCS "sccs" now correctly deals with long paths (> 64 chars) when in -R mode.
· The diff cmd (used by SCCS) now supports the -N option.
· Some more variables in patch(1) are now off_t for large file support.
April 13th, 2011
· Many small enhancements and bugfixes were made for star. cdrecord no longer dumps core with too much CD-Text.
· hdump(1) and od(1) now correctly indent the output if single byte and floating point output were requested at the same time.
· A new program was added: patch.
· This is based on the last patch(1) implementation from Larry Wall.
· In contrast to the GNU fork of the same software, it tries to be closer to the POSIX standard requirements.
· sccs val now supports a -T (Trace/Debug) option to find the exact reason for corrupted history files.
· Many small enhancements were made to the sccs man pages.
January 3rd, 2011
· Libscg now supports the SCSI sense length from the new fixed FreeBSD ATAPI/CAM kernel module.
October 1st, 2010
· Several files have been modified for integration of star into OpenSolaris.
· Star now automatically detects and unpacks archives compressed with xz(1).
· "star -x -xmeta -fore-hole" now allows you to archive any plain file as a sparse file without any data if the archive was created with "star -c -dump -meta ...". bsh no longer tries to evaluate $CDPATH if cd "" was called.
· A new "cpp" program (the ported UNIX K&R cpp) was added to the tar archive.
August 3rd, 2010
· Smake was bumped to 1.2.1.
· Cdrtools was bumped to 3.00.
· Many enhancements were made to libfind/sfind(1).
October 19th, 2009
· This release adds support for 64-bit compilation on HP-UX.
· It implements a workaround for the missing isinf()/isnan() support in libc on HP-UX.
· cdrtools has been bumped to 2.01.01a66.
September 21st, 2009
· This release avoids sed(1) in the makefile system to work around a bug in the *BSD implementation.
· It has better SCSI support for Mac OS X, NetBSD, and OpenBSD.
· It avoid an smake coredump on OpenBSD.
· bsh compiles on DragonFLy BSD.
· The Bourne Shell man page from Sun has been added now that Sun made it open source.
August 31st, 2009
· The makefile system now by default sets the locale to C before compiling in order to avoid problems.
· Some tr(1) calls were replaced by calls to sed(1) in order to make the makefile system immune against tr(1) oddities.
· Calling the script "./.clean" now also removes the auto-created links.
· Attempted work-arounds were added for some floating point oddities in newer AIX versions.
August 13th, 2009
· This release added a "libmdigest" library, complete with SHA1, SHA2, rmd160, and MD4 support.
· A new "mdigest" command was provided as a frontend for libmdigest.
· cdrtools was bumped to 2.01.01a63.
November 4th, 2008
· smake is allowed to use /bin/bosh instead of bash on Linux or ksh on HP-UX.
· Some small problems were fixed in smake.
· cdrtools was upgraded to 2.01.01a53.
· Some extensions were made as a first step to allow compilation on the ATARI ST with MINT.
September 30th, 2008
· The SCCS man pages have been updated. sccslog now prints correct timestamps.
· The cdrtools version is now 2.01.01a50.
September 2nd, 2008
· A new attempt was made to work around the autoconf unfriendliness with GNU libiconv.
· Smake is now able to use /bin/bosh if /bin/sh is not appropriate for use.