New in version 0.36
January 18th, 2010
- Output from very busy commands would not always be printed on time.
- When rlwrap kills itself after a command crash it will not dump core, in order to avoid clobbering command's core dump.
- Premature filter death is now reported properly (it used to only say: "EOF reading from filter" or "Broken pipe writing to filter").
New in version 0.35 (January 8th, 2010)
- Corrected array bounds error in my_putstr("") (which could make
- rlwrap write an extra newline when exiting, but might even crash
- on some systems)
- Many small improvements and fixes for multi-line input:
- Multi-line inputs are now written to the inferior command one
- line at a time, so that command's response (e.g. a continuation
- prompt) can be interleaved with the echo'ed (multi-line) input.
- Calling an external editor will no longer obliterate the prompt,
- and line/column positions are now correct.
- After a multi-line edit in vi-mode, the cursor will no longer
- end up one line too high.
- CTRL-D on an empty line was handed directly to command, but also
- (erroneously) put in readline's input buffer
- Many small fixes and improvements in signal handling:
- SIGSEGV, and other "error" signals like SIGFPE, are now unblocked
- all of the time, so that rlwrap can always clean up after a crash.
- Since version 0.25 rlrwap's transparency extends to signals: if
- the inferior command segfaults, rlwrap will kill itself with a
- SIGSEGV. In order to get the bug reports where they belong,
- rlwrap now reports explicitly that it has not crashed itself.
- rlwrap's call to sigaction forgot to set the signal mask (!)
- Continuing after CTRL-Z on QNX now wakes up command
- Added --one-shot (-o) and --only-cook (-O) options
- debug log is now in a format that works well with emacs' grep-mode
- rlwrap's bindable readline function names (like rlwrap-call-editor) are
- now in hyphen-style instead of underscore_style (use of the
- old_style_names will now be flagged as an error)
- Filters can now prevent a prompt from being cooked by "rejecting" it.
- Rlwrapfilter.pm would set $_ incorrectly in echo and output handlers.
- RlwrapFilter.pm manpage is now created by newer (and less buggy)
- version of pod2man
- Added EXAMPLES section and -t option to rlwrap manpage
New in version 0.34 (December 20th, 2009)
- prefix arguments are now correctly reset (M-5 a b now yields aaaaab instead of aaaaabbbbb)
New in version 0.32 (October 5th, 2009)
- rlwrap can now use filters - external programs that re-write prompts, history, input, and/or output and can be used for programmable completion.
- A Perl module for easy filter writing is included.