October 18th, 2012
· Fix problem parsing data again.
September 27th, 2012
· Fix a problem with the context menu checkmark.
· Fix a problem parsing the Warodai dictionary data.
· Write the Unicode byte-order marker when saving to a new UTF-8 file. This can be disabled in the options.
August 2nd, 2012
· Small fix: In Firefox 14 the toolbar button was always shown as pushed-in making it look like it was always enabled.
October 21st, 2011
· Fix Thunderbird tabs, conversation mode.
· Fix Firefox "always start" not working correctly.
· In Firefox, show toolbar icon by default. To remove: Right-click, customize, drag off the toolbar.
June 20th, 2011
· Added a lookup box that you can add anywhere in the toolbar. Press ESC or double-click the popup to close the display. See http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/how-do-i-customize-toolbars for instructions on how to customize the toolbar.
· Added Firefox option to show the lookupbar at the bottom of the screen.
· Added option to hide "(X)" marked dictionary entries.
· Fixed Firefox lookupbar positioning (again).
· Fixed a few problems in Options dialog.
May 5th, 2011
· When a new dictionary is added, the Dictionary tab of the Options window is
· now shown to remind users that they can change the order.
· The "d" key that hides/shows definition is now temporary and a restart will
· reset the setting. You can still change the default setting in the Options window.
· When LookupBar is activated, it automatically uses the selected text. This
· behavior can now be turned off in the Options window.
· Fix LookupBar position in Firefox 4.
· The "translate alt/title tags" setting can now be changed in the Options
· window again.
October 8th, 2010
· Update install version for Firefox 4 (beta/nightly). The dictionaries have also been updated for v4.
· Fix: Not working after using middle button auto scroll.
July 3rd, 2010
· Use an sqlite database for the dictionaries. This significantly reduces memory use, and speeds up turn-on time.
· Multiple dictionaries can now be installed at the same time. Use ENTER, SHIFT or keys 1 to 9 while the popup is visible to cycle though the available dictionaries. The Options window can be used to set the order in which the dictionaries are shown.
· Added a Download button in the Options:Dictionaries window.
· Use the K key to make the popup stick(ier) and not hide it immediately. This should make it easier to select the content of the popup for copying to the clipboard. Thanks to Zork Zero for his help.
· Added option "always enable at startup" under Options:General:Enable Mode.
· Save string settings in Unicode. Thanks to Zork Zero.
· Use default create mode when saving to a file to make it more compatible with Windows XP. Thanks to Andrew W.
· The "D" key can now be used to hide the word's definition and show only the readings as a hint. This setting is also available in Options:Dictionaries. It does not affect copied/saved entries.
· Work-around problem getting path in Firefox 3.7a6.
February 1st, 2010
· Fixed: Rikaichan may fail to display info when in Thunderbird 2.x's main window. Also generates invalid top/left error messages in the console.
January 23rd, 2010
· Now works even when the word is split between elements. Thanks to Zork Zero.
· Added icon in Firefox's status bar. Left-click to activate Rikaichan, right-click for menu. Disable in the Options dialog. Thanks to Zork Zero.
· Replaced the welcome message box with a friendlier welcome page.
· Fixed SeaMonkey 2.0 compatibility.
· Stop highlighting (selecting) if user manually selects another text. Thanks to Glenn M.
· Show quick keyboard help at start.
· Fixed: Disabling the hotkeys may cause Rikaichan to activate unexpectedly instead.
June 20th, 2009
· Fixed: "undefined entity" error when viewing some files. When this happens, the word is highlighted, but nothing is displayed.
· Fixed: 'Exception: TypeError: document.getElementById...' in Thunderbird 3.0b2.
· Now installs in SeaMonkey. Thanks to Alfredo F.
· Added option to disable view keys in Preferences.