New in version 0.7
April 20th, 2013
- New "Mothership" levels - aliens gradually emerge from the mothership to attack you
- New "Bomber" alien - drops a bomb that explodes in fragments at a certain height
- Many extra levels - now 25 in total
- Added pause - Press P to pause gameplay
New in version 0.6 (April 8th, 2013)
- Added a new web high scores table. Your high score is now tracked online so you can compete against other people.
New in version 0.5 (February 18th, 2012)
- Removed restriction on ammo
- Changed the impact of overheating. Now the gun fires slower bullets which sometimes fragment
- Added sound and visual cue when extra life is gained
- Added animation when the player ship is destroyed
- Fixed bug where sounds might not play (too few pygame channels used) Tweaked alien motion
New in version 0.4 (February 13th, 2012)
- Aliens now crash to earth after being shot. Crashing aliens will destroy your ship.
- Updated ship icon. Ship changes appearance when the gun is too hot.
- Can run the game in full screen mode (run with "python qanat.py -F").
- Fixed bug when starting the game. Bombs dropped during the intro could sometimes kill you.
New in version 0.3 (December 19th, 2011)
- Added new achievements system
New in version 0.2 (November 14th, 2011)
- Added "Fire Aliens" - keep their distance and fire directly at you
- Added four more waves
- Ammo regenerates now when you stay still
- Ammo usage increases every time you complete all the waves
- Reduced gun lockout time due to temperature to 5s
- Get new lives for every 10,000 points scored