August 9th, 2009
· A quick bugfix release has been made to correct a problem with a missing readme.html file in the source release, and setuptools based installs dying when the readme.html file wasn't there.
August 3rd, 2009
· many, many fixes and improvements. The largest amount of changes has gone into this release than any other pygame release.
· bug fixes for backwards compatibility issues introduced in pygame 1.8.x series. old games like solarwolf and libraries like PGU work again.
· experimental camera webcam module (still in development).
· experimental midi module based on portmidi and pyportmidi (99% complete).
· experimental gfxdraw module based on SDL_gfx (including AA circles, textured polygons and other goodness).
· python3, and python3.1 support mostly completed. Some modules still remain to be completedbut mostly it's working.
· nokia mobile phone s60 support.
· improved OSX support (dropped pyobjc dependency, improved installer, sysfont now works on OSX).
· pygame.examples + pygame.tests included with pygame. This makes testing easier, and also makes learning pygame more fun and easy.
· cleanup of examples, and addition of new examples.
· new tools to aid in development of pygame itself, better compilation documentation.
· py2app, and py2exe support improved.