New in version 0.8.1
May 18th, 2013
- The obsolete and unused 'direct' parameter was removed.
- The program no longer recurses into main() when an unknown algorithm is selected.
- A bug in the handling of hexstrings in Python3 was fixed.
- The input to the CRC routines can now be bytes or strings.
- The symbol table was reorganised. qm.py was updated.
New in version 0.8 (January 5th, 2013)
- Adds the experimental bitwise-expression generator target.
- Allows you to specify the --include option multiple times.
- Completely revisited and reworked documentation.
- Allows you to abbreviate the names of the algorithms.
- Minor documentation changes.
New in version 0.7.11 (October 22nd, 2012)
- This version improves Python3 compatibility. pycrc now requires Python 2.6 or later.
- A wrong "check" value of the crc-64-jones model has been fixed.
- sprintf() is now used for C89 code instead of snprintf().
- The regression test script has been rewritten in Python.
New in version 0.7.10 (February 14th, 2012)
- It adds the CRC models crc-12-3gpp, crc-16-genibus, crc-32-bzip2, and crc-64-xz.
- It fixes some bad-looking generated C code, and cleans up some mistakes in the man page and some inefficient code in the CRC code generator.
New in version 0.7.9 (December 9th, 2011)
- This release fixes a few smaller issues in the code generator.
- It no longer includes stdint.h for C89/ANSI code, removes an unused variable missed in the last version, and fixes a bug with C89 code for 64-bit CRCs.
New in version 0.7.7 (February 14th, 2011)
- Substituted the deprecated function atoi() with int(). Closes issue 3136566. Thanks to Tony Smith.
- Updated the documentation with a Windows-style call of the python interpreter.
- Fixed a few coding style issues found by pylint and pychecker.
New in version 0.7.6 (October 22nd, 2010)
- This version fixes a minor bug in the command line parsing of the generated main function.
- The python code uses integer division for Python3 compatibility.
- A complete rewrite of the internal macro language and code generator.
New in version 0.7.5 (March 29th, 2010)
- The table-driven algorithm can handle widths that are not byte-aligned as well as widths less than 8.
- Removed half-baken and confusing --direct option. Closes issue 2938846.
- Code clean-up; the generated C code should no more generate warnings about unused variables.
New in version 0.7.4 (January 25th, 2010)
- Set xmodem parameters equal to zmodem params.
- Changed the xor-in value of the crc-64-jones model.
- Added crc-16-modbus model. Closes issue 2896611.
- pycrc now writes a warning message if an even polynom is used.
- Fix for unused variable argv. Closes issue 2893224. Thanks to Marko von Oppen.