New in version 1.30.811
August 14th, 2013
- level data and game preferences including currently selected language are now stored in $XDG_DATA_HOME/pysiogame or $HOME/.local/share/pysiogame depending on configuration.
- new games added including activities to teach kids reading clock hands, one more multiplication table activity and a little tool useful in learning various types of shapes.
- some tweaks done to the way titles are being displayed
- scrolling categories/games in menu now moves them one at a time rather than skipping to the very bottom + added support for mouse wheel for scrolling.
- quitting game through the bottom-right button requires two clicks (not necessarily double click), Esc and in windowed version "X" button gets you out of the game without confirmation.
- paint game - brush size now being changed by slider rather than +/- buttons
- window can now be resized (but exactly as with toggling fullscreen on and off - changing window size will also reload the current activity, so don't do it in the middle of working on something)
- handwriting font redrawn: advantages: one font for all languages, no more unknown authors and licences for fonts, more letters available including accents, tildes and what not, disadvantages: it's not as visually pleasing as the previous ones and there's no arrow guides the previous fonts had.
- and many other changes to the way the game looks and works.
- PS. changed the version numbering system and since this large leap in numbers
New in version 0.4.1 Beta (December 3rd, 2012)
- added Spanish language version by Miriam Ruiz
- fixed window sizing bug
New in version 0.4.0 Beta (October 11th, 2012)
- added new activities
- 3 math games split into separate games so different operations are now under separate launching button
- made cosmetic changes to some of the existing activities
- now it is possible to change child's name in settings screen (just start typing and press enter when finished)
- added partially translated Russian Version
New in version 0.3.0 Pre-Alpha (May 30th, 2012)
- added 5 new colour mixing activities
- added level auto-save for every activity
- some performance improvements, bug fixes
New in version 0.2.3 Pre-Alpha (May 16th, 2012)
- added Touch Typing Tutor program - only available in English, Polish and Russian language versions
- completed the letter flashcards (as much as possible)
- added another Connect numbers game - but this time numbers are stacked vertically
- converted some of the .png files to .jpg format (saved over 2MB)
- corrected pronunciation of Polish letters in the alphabet/letter games.
New in version 0.2.0 (May 5th, 2012)
- added Greek translation
- colour coded icons
- added new alphabet flashcard game to work with all languages supported (only English, Russian and Greek completed so far)
- fixed some bugs and errors
New in version 0.0.2.1 Pre-Alpha (April 23rd, 2012)
- minor changes to make the game more touch-screen friendly (little arrow keypad + skipping levels with additional buttons)
- arrows in the owl memory game now click-able / tapable
- running over a letter in the word maze will now collect the letter immediately
- some further improvements/bug fixes
New in version 0.0.2 (April 19th, 2012)
- Enabled the game for translation, moved 'all' text from all files to the dictionary and lists in one translation file (+ word list file *_di.py) for each language supported.
- Added 2 new games and changed some
- Every file uses utf-8 to support non standard characters in files
- Added simple settings page
- Cleaned up a bit