April 15th, 2013
· Don't append tag after the content of the article.
· Improvements in the article.html template.
· The plan text version of an article is now between a HTML tag.
January 14th, 2013
· This version introduces a reworked management page; it is now possible to change the username and password via this page.
· Some improvements concerning the HTML export of the database have been made.
· Finally, indexed MongoDB full text searching provides a much faster search.
January 4th, 2013
· pyAggr3g470r is now using the Mako template library.
· Performance improvements for the MongoDB database have been made, and some minor bugfixes.
· Stop words (a, of, the, an, for...) are now ignored when calculating top words for the generation of the tag cloud.
· A new page indicates the list of inactive feeds (with no new published articles since a given number of days).
November 9th, 2012
· pyAggr3g470r is now running with Python 3.2(.3).
· It uses CherryPy 3.2.2, BeautifulSoup4, and feedparser3.
· Your old MongoDB database can be used without any problem.
October 29th, 2012
· Some minor bugfixes and improvements.
· An authentication screen has been added, which is useful if pyAggr3g470r is running on an EC2 instance, for example.
May 2nd, 2012
· This version introduces some minor improvements and bugfixes.
· All features of pyAggr3g470r are now back (with MongoDB).
April 18th, 2012
· This release introduces minor improvements and a bugfix.
· Publication dates of articles are now stored as a datetime object.
· A bug in the script that converts an SQLite database to a MongoDB database is now fixed.
· A little documentation has been added.
March 21st, 2012
· A MongoDB database is now used instead of the SQLite database.
· This change offers a significant performance improvement.
· The database has been tested with more than 30,000 articles, but version 3.2 is still a test version.
· A more stable version will arrive soon.
November 29th, 2011
· A new version of the QR Code module is used.
· For each article, a QR Code is generated based on the content of the article.
· If the article is too long, only the article's URL is encoded in the QR Code.
· For a given string, the algorithm tries the generate as small a QR Code as possible. Minor bugs were fixed.
October 26th, 2011
· This version introduces exportation of articles to the HTML format and to the PDF format (there is still exportation to ePub).
· The sharing of articles with delicious.com was replaced by pinboard.in.
July 8th, 2011
· The feed summary page, which displays general information about a feed, now lets you change the feed metadata (feed logo, feed name, and feed URL if changed).
· Moreover, this page displays the activity of a feed and other useful information.
· It is now possible to set a different POD for Diaspora in the configuration file and to share an article with Google +1.
· A control file to start or stop pyAggr3g470r has been added.
· From the GUI side, a new transparent CSS tooltip has been introduced in order to preview an article.
· Finally, some minor performance improvements and bugfixes were made.
March 22nd, 2011
· Added new page (feed).
· Minor improvements of the Web interface.
January 19th, 2011
· A bug when removing a feed from the data base was fixed.
· Minor improvements were made for export of articles and the size of HTML forms.
December 8th, 2010
· GUI uses more HTML 5 features like HTML5 Forms Validation (email input, URL input), an HTML5 month+year date picker, and a placeholder.
· Articles can now be exported to the EPUB format.
· Articles loaded from the SQLite base are now stored in memory in a better data structure.
November 16th, 2010
· HTML5 Forms Validation and a HTML5 month+year date picker for the history page, which can be used to search for articles, has been introduced.
October 26th, 2010
· The export of articles to HTML has been updated, with better output.
· There are a number of improvements (the search function, generation of tags cloud, display of article content, CSS, bugfixes, etc.).
· There is a new Wiki.
September 6th, 2010
· It is now possible to browse articles by year and month with tag clouds (see new screenshots).
· In addition, URL errors are detected before downloading feeds.
· There are some improvements in the user interface.
September 2nd, 2010
· The feedgetter module was improved.
· More details about articles are stored in the database when possile.
· An attempt is made to get the whole article (a_feed['entries'][i].content[j].value), and in the event of failure, the description/summary is used (a_feed['entries'][i].description).
August 25th, 2010
· It is now easier to install pyAggr3g470r. There is no longer any need to set any path in the configuration file.
July 23rd, 2010
· This release generates QR codes with URLs of articles, so you can read an article later on your smartphone (or share with friends).
July 5th, 2010
· Now pyAggr3g470r only works with Python 2.7.
· OrderedDict objects are used in order to sort the feeds alphabetically in a simple way.
February 24th, 2010
· It is now possible to share articles with delicious, Digg, reddit, Scoopeo and Blogmarks.
February 4th, 2010
· Added : a link _Fetch all feeds_ manually (when you want, without cron). Improvements of the navigation.