October 5th, 2012
· This version fixes issue 189, a puddletag.desktop file installation error with the .deb file, and a Python 2.6 incompatibility.
· The AcoustID tag source is not loaded now if the fpcalc binary is not found.
August 23rd, 2012
· Added: Updated icon
· Fixed: Cutting tags wasn't working.
· Added: Russian translation by Viktor Yu. Kovalskiy
· Fixed: If multiple files were selected in file-view and edited.
· When changing focus, the new cell would be opened and would remain with the value as before after the change.
· Added: German translation by Ralf Sarholz
· Changed: Updated .desktop file as per issue 186.
· Fixed: Encoding is added for genre field. Fixes http://sourceforge.net/apps/phpb/puddletag/viewtopic.php?f=4&p=699&sid=10751cabefe27ffcd74eea2dde7663f8#p699
· Fixed: Filter wasn't working with filename fields like __filename.
· Added: To .desktop file, options that'll make it possible to right click in FM and open in puddletag.
March 11th, 2011
· New Cover art support for all formats (except ASF) Loading master releases in the Discogs.com tag source.
· For ID3 tags, UFID frames are only loaded if data can be decoded to UTF-8.
· MusicBrainz artist search retrieves 100 albums by default.
· Initial reading of a directory can be canceled now.
· Uncaught errors for Tag Sources shouldn't leave the Tag Sources window disabled anymore.
· Discogs artist/albums are parsed correctly instead of looking weird.
· Amazon keyword search wasn't working at all.
· Having periods in the Tag->Dir function were causing problems.
December 20th, 2010
· puddletag now supports translations.
· A new Function to correct incorrectly encoded files contributed by Stjujsckij Nickolaj.
· Tag->Dir, with which you can move directories has also been included.
· MoveUp and MoveDown shortcuts that move the selected files Up/Down in file-view.
· The MusicBrainz tag source now retrieves even more fields.
· Select all in Dir has been removed. I've added two new menu items. Select Next in Dir and Select Previous Dir.
· Support for GUI and music library plugins.
· A tag source that uses Discogs.com's XML service.
· puddletag now uses your theme's icons.
· (Tentative) support for Mp3tag's tag sources. Info here.
· The '~'-notation used in Tag Sources can now be used for Functions too. See the bottom of this page.
· Options to remove ID3v1 and ID3v2 tags separately to the Tag Tools menu.
· You can now automatically retrieve matches using Tag Sources. Kinda like mini-masstagging.