New in version 3.62
August 16th, 2014
- new backend generating PowerPoint pptx files contributed by Scott Pakin. Big thanks!!! This backend uses the zip library http://www.nih.at/libzip/ .
- improved handling of composite fonts, especially those having FMapType other than 2
- fixed a bug in detecting rectangles.
- improved bounding box tracing in case of text (but it is still not perfect).
- changed the creation of filenames when using the -split option. Related to that there is new option -pagenumberformat. See manual for more details.
- fixed a bug in passing generic libplot arguments to the libplot drivers.
- improved support for 64-bit systems related the integration of pstoedit to gsview.
- include a version info resource in pstoedit's windows exe and DLLs.
- include a work-around for a Hurd specific problem with dlclose.
New in version 3.61 (November 6th, 2012)
- fixed a bug in handling of -page option
- improved support for 64-bit systems related to different version of ghostscript
- added some features for supporting the LaOS project (http://www.laoslaser.org/)
New in version 3.50 (August 11th, 2009)
- added an option (-gs) to specify the full path to GhostScript (under Windows - either the .exe or the DLL). This can be used by portable applications to direct pstoedit to use a specific GhostScript version.
- Stanislav Brabec contributed several improvements to the PCB driver. See http://www.penguin.cz/~utx/pstoedit-pcb/ on how these can be useful.
- Scott Pakin submitted several improvements to the mpost driver and the font substitution mechanism.
- new driver for .vtk files e.g. for ParaView - http://www.paraview.org/ - but this is still a very basic version. Thanks to Mitesh Patel for initiating and testing.
- new driver for cairo (http://cairographics.org/ ) contributed by Dan McMahill. This driver generates C-code which can be compiled and linked against the cairo libraries. See the contrib/cairo directory for an example.
- several improvements on the DXF driver as suggested and sponsored by Markus Meyer.
- because pstoedit may write its output to stdout, all output written by GhostScript to stdout is now redirected to stderr in order to avoid mixed output.
- added a -q option to suppress the initial startup message of pstoedit. This can by useful when being called via a pipe, e.g. from inkscape. However, note that this does not suppress all output written to stderr - see also note above.
- John Bowman fixed a number of problems related to clipping and image support for the Asymptote backend.
- fixed a compilation problem with g++ V4.x.
- new driver for gcode (.ngc files) (tested with emc see http://linuxcnc.org). Contributed by Lawrence Glaister.
- some adaptations for newer versions of libming
- fixed a line width problem for xfig format.
- corrected the broken pstoedit.m4 - thanks to Ian Abbott
- some minor code beautifying.