November 6th, 2012
· fixed a bug in handling of -page option
· improved support for 64-bit systems related to different version of ghostscript
· added some features for supporting the LaOS project (http://www.laoslaser.org/)
August 11th, 2009
· added an option (-gs) to specify the full path to GhostScript (under Windows - either the .exe or the DLL). This can be used by portable applications to direct pstoedit to use a specific GhostScript version.
· Stanislav Brabec contributed several improvements to the PCB driver. See http://www.penguin.cz/~utx/pstoedit-pcb/ on how these can be useful.
· Scott Pakin submitted several improvements to the mpost driver and the font substitution mechanism.
· new driver for .vtk files e.g. for ParaView - http://www.paraview.org/ - but this is still a very basic version. Thanks to Mitesh Patel for initiating and testing.
· new driver for cairo (http://cairographics.org/ ) contributed by Dan McMahill. This driver generates C-code which can be compiled and linked against the cairo libraries. See the contrib/cairo directory for an example.
· several improvements on the DXF driver as suggested and sponsored by Markus Meyer.
· because pstoedit may write its output to stdout, all output written by GhostScript to stdout is now redirected to stderr in order to avoid mixed output.
· added a -q option to suppress the initial startup message of pstoedit. This can by useful when being called via a pipe, e.g. from inkscape. However, note that this does not suppress all output written to stderr - see also note above.
· John Bowman fixed a number of problems related to clipping and image support for the Asymptote backend.
· fixed a compilation problem with g++ V4.x.
· new driver for gcode (.ngc files) (tested with emc see http://linuxcnc.org). Contributed by Lawrence Glaister.
· some adaptations for newer versions of libming
· fixed a line width problem for xfig format.
· corrected the broken pstoedit.m4 - thanks to Ian Abbott
· some minor code beautifying.