March 14th, 2013
· Scalability of compression (maximum number of useful worker threads) has been increased. Scalability when decompressing from/to regular files has been increased.
· The number of worker threads is now limited to the number of members in the input file when decompressing from a regular file. The target "install-as-lzip" has been added to the Makefile.
April 18th, 2012
· This version adds minor fixes and cleanups.
· The configure option "--datadir" has been renamed to "--datarootdir" to follow GNU Standards.
December 9th, 2010
· Match length limits set by options -1 to -9 have been changed to match those of lzip 1.11.
· A limit has been set on the number of packets produced by decompressor worker threads to limit the amount of memory used. Do not show the message "and `--stdout' was not specified" for file types that can't be read (directories, etc).
· A warning about fchown's return value being ignored has been fixed.