New in version 1.2.9-par
March 13th, 2012
- Version 1.2.9 supports many more RR types (including those necessary for DNSSEC) and EDNS (Extension mechanisms for DNS) to enable UDP messages larger than 512 bytes. It also has support for defining local TXT records and has several new options and bugfixes (including file descriptor leaks that effect FreeBSD users). also
New in version 1.2.8-par (March 8th, 2010)
- The main new feature of version 1.2.8 is automatic discovery of root servers. Furthermore, there are some additional improvements in the resolver.
New in version 1.2.7-par (September 15th, 2008)
- This version fixes some security problems.
- It contains a fix for a "dangling pointer" bug that could cause pdnsd to crash when it received a long reply.
- It also addresses some of the issues raised in the CERT vulnerability note VU#800113 by making source port randomization the default.
- This release also fixes problems with compiling pdnsd for the ARM architecture and for the Darwin platform (Max OS X).
- There are a number of (minor) new features, such as support for "include" files.