New in version 4.60
November 10th, 2014
- GUI enhancements
- Support of new POWER8 high-end models in CPU Workload Estimator
- NMON online grapher
- New main configuration summary page
New in version 3.50 (May 30th, 2013)
- A CPU Configuration Advisor was added. It aims to provide automatic verification of CPU logical setup for all your LPARs and POOLs based on historical utilization data.
New in version 3.40 (February 19th, 2013)
- This version supports lpar renaming and much faster processing.
New in version 3.32 (December 19th, 2012)
- This version fixes two issues which appeared in 3.30.
- Check the lpar2rrd 3.30 release notes for a manual fix of 3.30 if you already running that version.
New in version 3.30 (December 18th, 2012)
- This version enhances the CPU Workload Estimator and Active Memory Sharing support.
New in version 3.15 (June 9th, 2012)
- Changes include a CPU workload estimator.
New in version 3.11 (May 3rd, 2012)
- This release contain fixes and enhances for "Physical and Logical cfg".
New in version 2.61 (March 30th, 2010)
- is no longer only off-line tool, since 2.59 you can do whenever refresh (via a WEB link) to get nearly "real-time" graphs
- intended only for micro-partitioned systems with shared CPU pool
- creates charts based on utilization data collected on HMC's/IVM's (lslparutil)
- agent-less, no agents need to be installed on LPAR's
- ssh-keys based access to HMC/IVM servers to get all the data, so it does not cause ANY load on monitored LPAR's
- support of all types of LPAR's and OS'es : AIX , VIOS , Linux on Power, i5/OS on IBM Power Systems (formerly pSeries/iSeries)
- automatically created a menu based WWW front-end for viewing charts, configuration and logs
- physical (HW) and logical configuration inventory of all managed systems and their lpars (once a day)
- showing 100 last changes in configuration and 100 last changes in the state of all managed systems and their lpars
- showing total memory usage for each managed systems
- LAN income/outcome traffic of IVE/HEA adapters and error packets
- simple to install, configure and use (initial install & configuration together with supporting tools like Apache/Perl/SSH should not take more than half an hour!)
- no any additional management when any change/adding/remove/rename of LPAR or managed system (the tool discovers everything automatically for all configured HMC's/IVM's)
- default graphs are created 1 year back if historical utilization data on HMC/IVM is available (note the HMC keeps 60sec sample rate data for 2 days, hourly data for last 2 months and daily data for last 2 years if utilization data collection is enabled)
- for viewing older data than 1 year you have to use Historical reports if the data is already present in LPAR2RRD
- initially the tool loads all historical data already collected on the HMC/IVM, after that the tool loads only new data every hour (depends on cron schedule), saves it in RRDTool databases and re-draws the graphs
- it can be hosted on any *NIX (theoretically even WIN) platform, it just needs a web server, SSH, Perl and RRDTool installed. (check prerequisites below)
- by default is created 4 kind of graphs for each LPAR, CPU shared pool and memory usage. First 3 (last day, week and month) are based on 60secs averages, yearly chart is based on daily averages, all provided by the HMC
New in version 2.59 (February 26th, 2010)
- Added "real-time" refresh of lpar/pool graphs for HMC utilization sample rates < 1 hour, however the refresh is not automatic, but manual (a "refresh" link in the web).