New in version 1.6.16
December 23rd, 2014
- Added ".align 2" to arm/filter_neon.S to support old GAS assemblers that don't do alignment correctly.
- Revised Makefile.am and scripts/*.dfn to work with MinGW/MSYS; renamed scripts/*.dfn to scripts/*.c (Bob Friesenhahn and John Bowler).
- Quiet a "comparison always true" warning in pngstest.c (John Bowler).
- Restored a test on width that was removed from png.c at libpng-1.6.9 (Bug report by Alex Eubanks).
- Fixed an overflow in png_combine_row with very wide interlaced images.
New in version 1.6.9 (February 7th, 2014)
- This is a minor cleanup release.
New in version 1.6.8 (December 21st, 2013)
- This version has a bugfix for CVE-2013-6954 (null pointer dereference), plus some code cleanup.
New in version 1.6.7 (November 20th, 2013)
- This version adds ARMv8 support and improves unknown chunk support.
New in version 1.6.4 (September 13th, 2013)
- This version adds minor improvements in speed and footprint.
New in version 1.6.1 (March 30th, 2013)
- This is a cleanup release with no new features or significant bugfixes.
- The default gamma handling is improved in the new simplified API.
New in version 1.6.0 (February 16th, 2013)
- This version adds a "simplified API" and removes some symbols which were deprecated in libpng15.
New in version 1.5.14 (January 29th, 2013)
- This is a cleanup release with some minor bugfixes and a major fix to compressed iTXt handling.
- The git repository at SourceForge has been relocated.
New in version 1.5.13 (September 28th, 2012)
- This version fixes a bug in the png_set_filler function that would incorrectly strip the filler channel under some conditions while writing.