April 1st, 2013
· added option to specify the input tags encoding for when writing ID3v2 tags
· enable -O3 by default
· added LIBMP3SPLT_MAJOR_VERSION, LIBMP3SPLT_MINOR_VERSION and LIBMP3SPLT_MICRO_VERSION
· (feature request #96)
· added option SPLT_TAGS_ORIGINAL for mp3splt_tags_set
· added option to keep the original tags and just replace them when importing a CUE or CDDB file
· (SPLT_OPT_CUE_CDDB_ADD_TAGS_WITH_KEEP_ORIGINAL_TAGS) (feature request #95)
· added 'split into memory' ability with a callback function for use with 'pretend to split'
· (feature request #94)
· replaced mp3splt.m4 with pkg-config (bug #145)
· corrected build files (configure.ac, Makefile.am, ...) and check using 'make distcheck' (bug #147)
· fixed a lot of doxygen issues
January 28th, 2013
· This version fixes an important bug for mp3splt-gtk: the application was crashing when pushing the split button without any splitpoint (done in libmp3splt).
· It fixes an important bug for mp3splt-gtk: split by time was in hundredths of seconds instead of seconds.
· It adds an option to set output ID3v2 tags encoded in latin1, UTF-8, or UTF16 (libmp3splt and mp3splt).
· It adds the forgotten 'empty_footer.html' to the libmp3splt distribution.
January 21st, 2013
· rewritten libmp3splt public API to target future 1.0 stable release
· written complete documentation of the public API
· done issues #40 and #85 - added minimum silence length parameter for auto adjust
· implemented back the proxy feature with basic authentification - feature #50
· added option to generate exactly the same input tags bytes using @O
· added minimum silence length for trim silence mode (minimum silence to trigger a trimming)
· done issue #12 - added option to output the full silence log useful to plot a graph
· enhanced the CUE export to export the tags as REM comments and also the splitpoint names
· fixed bug when detecting the input tags version - output had no tags when the input only had ID3v1
· fixed bug: output tags versions was not equal to the input file tags versions when the user was
· setting custom tags without any @o to get the original tags
· done issue #79 - added 0 to the number of digits to output in order to be able to support
· the old mp3splt output format
· fixed bug #141 - when input file is a symlink and output directory is the one of the input file
· amplitude more precise with ogg vorbis files
· plugins are now installed in $(libdir)/libmp3splt$(SONAME) instead of $(libdir)/libmp3splt
· fixed bug #131 - use /usr/lib64 instead of /usr/lib on x64 in mp3splt.m4
· fixed bug #133 - updated GPLv2 COPYING file
· fixed bug on mp3 trim silence scan: last frame was skipped
· fixed bug #134 - use of deprecated gethostbyname()
March 3rd, 2011
· added genre tag to custom tags and to output format (@g)
· support for the FILE attribute in CUE files - #1353726
· support for setting tags from filename regular expression
· added cutter as unit testing framework in libmp3splt
· fixed CUE import bug - spaces at the end are now correctly wiped out
· fixed bug #3114384: introduced back the 'file might be VBR' warning
· fixed bug #3034474: genre tag problems
· fixed ogg stream issues - #2861898 & #1078018
· fixed bug: setting the saved end time on wrong splitpoint indexes
· more translations (project mp3splt-gtk on transifex)
May 16th, 2009
· fixed compilation problem, bug #2785683
· fixed critical bug with overlap splitpoints not working (feature #1530782 => bug)
· fixed critical bug with mp3 stdin (& framemode)
· fixed bug #2786300 in plugins compilation (added -lm)
· Xing header is now written even if SPLT_NO_TAGS option is used
· added SPLT_OPT_XING option to not write Xing header
· fixed bug with custom tags and multiple usages of @o
· fixed bug with stdin & id3v2 & xing
· fixed a small bug with genre in custom tags
· fixed some warning messages & added some more
· fixed dewrap error message
· fixed dewrap bug to not attempt to create output directories when '-d' option is used
· fixed minor bug #2790952 : time mode creating an empty file (at the end)
January 19th, 2009
· All tag/filename "Unicode" encoding issues on Windows are fixed.
· The default behaviour of the tags on the split files has changed: by default, this release sets the tags version of the file to split in the split files (e.g. if the file for split has ID3 version X, the tags in the split files will be ID3vX).
· The tags in the output files can be changed with the SPLT_OPT_FORCE_TAGS_VERSION option.
· An issue where the input file was erased if the output was the same as the original file is fixed.
· A small track issue in tags is fixed.
September 7th, 2008
· A plugin system has been added for audio formats (currently supports Ogg Vorbis and MP3).
· STDIN and STDOUT have been implemented (like in the original mp3splt).
· Translations of error codes have been moved to strings in the library.
· An experimental version of 'mp3splt.log' has been implemented (like in the original mp3splt).
· The return codes of many functions were checked.
· The option '-o' now creates directories if necessary.
· Many bugs have been fixed.