April 3rd, 2013
· Remove c++ namespace that was being exposed (the API should be plug compatible). Fix cases where --servers wasn't behaving the same in all clients.
February 1st, 2013
· Added support to do two part shutdown of socket.
· Fixes for Fedora 18.
· Fix for binary memcached_touch().
December 18th, 2012
· Added support for Murmur3 (HASHKIT_HASH_MURMUR3).
· Portability fixes.
November 16th, 2012
· CLIENT_ERROR fixed to not be treated as a fatal error.
· Compiler fixes for older Ubuntu releases.
October 20th, 2012
· Fix issues with version string not being formatted in API call for library.
October 11th, 2012
· Added memcached_result_take_value(). Added ax_libmemcached.m4.
September 19th, 2012
· Removed custom version of memcached.
· Updated hardening rules.
· Fixed a case where the return error from a socket connection differred from that of a TCP/IP socket.
August 1st, 2012
· --disable-assert has been removed from configure, and --enable-assert has been added in its place.
· Compiling fixes for Clang on OSX Mountain Lion.
July 7th, 2012
· Faster close on socket.
· Instance allocation is now seperated from server interface. This should allow for a better preservation of ABI compliance from now on.
· Fix close on exec bug.
· Numerous other bug fixes.
January 30th, 2012
· This version has a fix for memcached_dump().
· It has additional testing for memcached_stat_execute().
January 10th, 2012
· Increased size of sort buffer used during Ketama.
· Added support for new behavior to handle dead servers.
· Overall haul of UDP IO.
· Fixed C compile issue with memcached_exist().
· Numerous bug fixes.
· Clang support for OSX.
· All commands now using vector send support.
October 27th, 2011
· Dropped libmemcached/memcached_util.h (undocumented header file).
· Added memcached_touch() and memcached_touch_by_key().
· UDP support restructured to toggle on a complete memcached_st structure.
September 30th, 2011
· Fix for FreeBSD/OpenBSD and -lm
· Added memcached_exist()
· Fix for memory when using config test.
· CLI gained --quiet
September 14th, 2011
· Build fixes for Ubuntu/Suse.
· Fixes for OSX Lion.
· Bug fix for looping back through dns lookups under certain failures.
· Fixes related to dead server failures.
July 25th, 2011
· memcached_callback_set() now takes its data argument as const
· Update to tests.
· Fix in parser for port number.
June 21st, 2011
· Updates to C++ interface.
· Custom free allocators need to now check for value before calling free.
· memcached_fetch_result() now uses the internal result when available (about 25 to 50% faster).
· Fix for stats structure.
· Updates to documentation.
March 17th, 2011
· Fix memory leak in server parse.
· Additions to the test framework.
March 1st, 2011
· Additional fixes for OpenBSD. Bug fix 677609, 456080. SIGPIPE fix for Linux send(). memcapable can now test ascii or binary based on flags. Additional build fixes for SASL.
February 15th, 2011
· Fixes a number of corner case bugs. Fixes related to OpenBSD. Better testing for protocol version. Removes special case infinite wait on blocking setup. This also includes support for systemtap which was added in unpublished 0.45 release.
September 28th, 2010
· Windows bug fixes.
· Hudson port support in test harness.
· Improved portability of test hanrness.
· SASL fixes.
July 29th, 2010
· Added --args to memstat so that a greater range of values can be returned.
· Prelimanary support for Windows.
· memcached_stat_execute() merged.
July 8th, 2010
· This fixes the issue where the library version was not updated correctly.
July 2nd, 2010
· This version adds --file for memcat.
· It adds limemcached_ping() to libmemcached_util.
· It has a bugfix for some cases where connect would have issues with timeout.
· An incorrect value for errno given as an error on an I/O failure inside of poll has been fixed.
· There is a fix for an issue where multiple interfaces with bad DNS were not being caught.
April 23rd, 2010
· Placed retry logic in for busted resolvers
· Add an ignore for SIGPIPE to solve OSX issues.
· A couple of fixed for memcached_light server.
· Updated to debug mode to track io_wait
April 7th, 2010
· Add support for prefix keys to binary protocol.
· Remove the undocumented call memcached_server_remove().
· The undocumented call memcached_server_by_key() now returns const.
· memcached_server_error_reset() has been deprecated.
· memcached_server_list() has been deprecated. Use memcached_server_cursor() to walk the servers found in a memcached_st() structure.
· memcached_verbosity() can now be run concurrently with other operations.
· SASL support.
· Fixes memory leak found in EJECT HOSTS.
February 11th, 2010
· C++ interface for libhashkit.
· Modified memcached_set_memory_allocators() so that it requires a context pointer.
· memcached_clone() now runs 5 times faster.
· Functions used for callbacks are now given const memcached_st.
· Added MEMCACHED_BEHAVIOR_CORK.
· memslap now creates a configuration file at ~/.memslap.cnf
· memcached_purge() now calls any callbacks registered during get execution.
· Many fixes to memslap.
· Updates for memcapable.
· Compile fixes for OpenBSD.
· Fix for possible recursive decent on IO failure.
January 12th, 2010
· Fixed build for libhashkit.
· Fixed install path regression.
· Modified RPM to strict check install.
· Added documentation for memcached_server_cursor();
· Added memcached_servers_reset().
· Modified memcached_st to remove dead cursor_server member.
January 8th, 2010
· Merged in new memslap utility from Schooner.
· All of constants.h has been updated to match style (all old identifiers continue to work).
· Added first pass for libhashkit.
· Updated test Framework/extended tests.
· Random read support during replication added.
· Modified use_sort so that the option can be applied to any distribution type.
· We removed the MEMCACHED_BEHAVIOR_KETAMA_COMPAT_MODE added in 0.35. Instead use memcached_behavior_set_distribution().
October 14th, 2009
· This release adds support for setting behavior flags on a connection pool.
· It doesn't increment the server_failure_counter on normal disconnects.
· It adds a prototype for a callback-based protocol parser (server side) with examples so that you can let your own application speak the memcached protocol.
· It updates memcapable to test ASCII protocol.
· It changes behavior so that the server can be removed at the first sign of failure.
· It adds a memcached_server_get_last_disconnect() call.
September 25th, 2009
· memcapable was added to test servers for binary compatibility.
· The C++ interface was updated. Basic support for C++ exceptions was added.
· Multiple constructors were added to the memcached client object.
· The C++ interface now takes parameters which are C++ types (such as std::string).
· Several bugs were fixed for binary protocol support.
· A crashing issue with dumping from memcachd server was fixed.
· (Server internals were changed without documenting the change.)
September 17th, 2009
· This release features a change of behavior where linger is only modified for no-block and then set to zero.
· It adds Twitter's memcached_server_error() functions.
· It has a fix for OS X compilation in development builds.
· It updates the C++ interface.
· It updates memcached_mget and memcached_mget_by_key to take a size_t as a parameter instead of an unsigned int for number_of_keys.
June 2nd, 2009
· Added memcachd_dump command (and framework for memdump tool).
· Realigned all structures to remove padding (and line up important bits for 64bit caches.
· Remove some of sprintf() in storage calls().
· Removed printf() in stat call for unknown stat member.
· memcached_generate_hash() function added.
· Added tests to make sure all hash functions are stable.
January 30th, 2009
· A fix for decrement on hash key.
· A fix for an assert that was catching a bad memset() call in host_reset().
· A fix for a purge issue for blocked I/O that has been stacked.
· Additions to memstat.
· A new API for flush.
November 29th, 2008
· Jenkins Hash has been added.
· The Murmur hash code has been updated.
· Support has been added for explicit weights.
· There is a bugfix for Ketama continuum.
· The behavior MEMCACHED_BEHAVIOR_HASH_WITH_PREFIX_KEY has been added.
September 9th, 2008
· Improved support for Solaris.
· Support for weighted Ketama.
· A fix for Chinese encoding.
· A fix for 0 length key to trigger bad key.
· The behaviors MEMCACHED_BEHAVIOR_SND_TIMEOUT, and MEMCACHED_BEHAVIOR_RCV_TIMEOUT have been added.
· Support for Binary Protocol has been added.