February 14th, 2013
· This version fixes parallel build issues and modifies the check target to accommodate changes in the automake 1.13 test harness.
· It updates the sample spec file and adds other documentation changes.
January 16th, 2013
· Build and package sources have been restructured to create a devel sub-package consisting of the haveged RNG complete with support for auto-tuning and on-line testing features.
· Updated documentation, man(8) and man(3) pages, and additional build and usage samples are provided.
· The potential for a rare syssegv left over from the 1.6 changes has been removed.
December 19th, 2012
· This version corrects a config typo to fix building on generic architectures.
December 17th, 2012
· The runtime test implementation has been corrected to remove an alignment fault which appeared in AIS test0 on arm64 hosts.
· The build procedure for clock_gettime() support has been altered to provide better control (now an override for all architectures) and correctly determine dependencies.
· Minor typos and inaccuracies in the source and man page have been corrected.
February 9th, 2012
· A 'generic' architecture based upon clock_gettime() has also been added.
· An s390 architecture has also been added.
· The build script now allows non Red Hat init scripts to be installed without patching the build.
· The collection loop has been rewritten to support multiple instances, and an experimental threaded option is now available to spread the CPU load.
· Auto tuning has been rewritten to replace buggy cpuid code and to incorporate information obtained from the /proc and /sys filesystems.
November 7th, 2011
· Small fixes to the 1.3 version for PPC.
October 25th, 2011
· haveged has been reorganized to allow its collection mechanism to be better accessed directly through the file system.
· This reorganization includes the option to suppress the daemon interface in the build for circumstances where /dev/random is unavailable or its use is inappropriate.
· This also means that haveged can now be built and used on non-Linux systems.
January 5th, 2011
· An attached option for those who use a supervising daemon such as runit.
November 29th, 2010
· A bug was fixed to remove a sigsegv that occurred when the code was compiled under gcc 4.5.
· Other minor code cleanup was done.
· A user contributed adaptation for Fedora 12 was included.
September 3rd, 2009
· The package is now known to build and run under gcc 4.4 in 64-bit mode.
· This required a major cleanup of the test suites, and a rework of the strategy to deal with compiler optimization.
· The auto-tune feature was updated according to the Intel cpuid application note of August 2009.
· A man(8) page was added.