October 4th, 2012
· This version fixes an issue which caused the EPG scanner the leak threads, and updates the list of supported countries.
March 20th, 2012
· This version fixes issues with Unicode encoding and removes a couple of deprecation warnings by Vala.
· Therefore, the minimum required version has changed for pygobject (3.0.4), Vala (0.15), and GLib (2.31.0).
December 12th, 2011
· gnomedvb: Let get_adapter_info return a dict
October 11th, 2011
· This version adds DVB-T support for Andorra, Azerbaijan, Croatia, Hungary, Israel, Iran, Lithuania, Latvia, Romania, Slovenia, and Vietnam, and DVB-C support for The Czech Republic, Denmark, Spain, France, Hungary, and Luxemburg.
October 7th, 2011
· This version fixes a couple of issues with vala 0.14.0, which is now the required minimum version.
September 13th, 2011
· This version fixes a couple of issue with pygobject-3.0. pygobject 2.90.1 or later is required.
· Furthermore, it is now possible to add fake devices for development purposes.
June 21st, 2011
· This version fixes a bug where the EPG was not restored on startup.
May 24th, 2011
· This version fixes a bug where localization in the GUI did not work correctly.
· In addition, the DVB-T brute-force scan works correctly again.
May 10th, 2011
· Fixed a couple of issues revealed by pylint
· Totem: Fixed spawning of gnome-dvb-setup
· Use void* instead of bool as return value in GThread function
· Use async methods instead of calling the methods with Idle.add
· cs: Marek ÄŒernockÃ½
· de: Mario BlÃ¤ttermann
· es: Jorge GonzÃ¡lez
· pl: Piotr DrÄ…g
· sl: Matej UrbanÄiÄ
April 22nd, 2011
· This is the first release towards a GNOME3-compatible version.
· The GUI has been ported from PyGTK using GTK+2 to PyGObject and GObject-Introspection using GTK+3. In addition, the Totem plugin has been ported to libpeas and works with Totem 3.
· Both the daemon and the GUI use GDBus instead of dbus-glib to communicate over DBus now.
· This version does not support GNOME2, i.e. it won't work with GTK+2 and Totem 2.
· Minimum dependencies: glib 2.28.5, gobject-introspection 0.10.8, pygobject 2.28.4, and Vala 0.12.0.
January 17th, 2011
· Heuristics were added to detect outdated and obsolete EPG events.
· In addition, it is possible so specify the network interface the streaming server is listening on in the settings file, by default it is set to the loopback interface.
· This release requires Vala >= 0.11.2.
October 11th, 2010
· This release fixes an issue where Totem was unable to connect to the daemon and a crasher when more than one device group was used.
· gst-rtsp-server 0.10.7 is required.
August 23rd, 2010
· This release implements Rygel's MediaServerSpec2. By default version 1 is used, use --enable-mediaserver2 to switch to the newer version.
June 21st, 2010
· This release adds a signal strength and signal quality indicator to the channels scanner dialog.
May 28th, 2010
· This release contains minor bug fixes.
May 24th, 2010
· This release adds hot-plugging support for devices and includes various performance improvements regarding accessing the SQLite database.
April 14th, 2010
· In this release udev is used to retrieve a list of connected devices instead of HAL and a lot of bugs have been fixed in the channel scanner.
March 18th, 2010
· In this release a couple of bugs in the setup assistant where fixed. In addition, channels are divided into a TV and Radio group.
· Fixed crash in Scanner.Destroy (fixes bug #528849)
· Allow getting back to adapters page when not in expert mode (fixes bug #531237)
· Fixed crash when trying to close stream that never was opened before (fixes bug #533533)
· Show error message if no channels were found (fixes bug #533533)
· Added is_radio field to ChannelInfo struct returned by ChannelList's get_channel_infos method.
· When grouping channels add TV and Radio group by default. Escape names of groups and channels.
February 23rd, 2010
· This release adds the possibility to edit the start time and duration of scheduled recordings.
December 24th, 2009
· The main focus for this release was to make the GUI more consistent and accessible. In addition, the Totem plugin now replaces Totem's own DVB capabilities.
November 19th, 2009
· Added option to order channels by name or group to Totem plugin
· Display error message if retrieving devices fails
· Handle displaying DetailsDialog when clicking on event directly in RunningNextView
· Check if recording doesn't already exist before starting the actual recording
· Don't allow to create devices where retrieving the adapter's type failed
· Unescape ' when retrieving text from sqlite db
· Don't return expired events in GetAllEvents and GetAllEventInfos
· Fixed a couple of bugs when recording/watching multiple channels at the same time on the same device
· Fixed crash when streaming is forced to stop because a recording is about to start
· Fixed compiler warnings with latest Vala
· Fixed bug in getting EPG information for timer if the timer was completely contained in the event
· Added Mandriva specific directory /usr/share/dvb-apps/scan containing initial tuning data
October 15th, 2009
· This is mainly another bug fix release which fixes a couple of crasher bugs.
· In addition, the D-Bus API is now more consistent.
October 7th, 2009
· This release fixes a couple of bugs that made the last release partly unusable.
· It uses iso_3166 to translate countries, and uses locale.strcoll to sort country names.
· It imports AlignedLabel from the correct module.
· It will create parent directories of database files if they don't exist.
· It fixes a duplicate actiongroup name.
October 1st, 2009
· This release features an improved D-Bus API.
· When scanning for channels, all scrambled channels can be unselected at once.
· Channels can be assigned to any number of groups.
· You have to delete your configuration at ~/.config/gnome-dvb-daemon in order to use this version.
· Future versions will provide a way to update the database scheme.
· This version depends on libgee 0.5.0.
August 25th, 2009
· This is mainly a bug fix release.
· In addition, it is now possible to retrieve the title of the show a particular timer is scheduled for. This requires an updated database scheme. Make sure to delete the old database at ~/.cache/gnome-dvb-daemon.
· This version depends on libgee 0.3.0.
March 3rd, 2009
· In this release the values in the channels.conf file are checked.
· In addition, a bug has been fixed where device groups weren't restored correctly, and the text and layout of the assistant were improved.