New in version 1.9.5
February 25th, 2013
- DTS-in-WAV now properly supported
- DSS files return additional data in new keys, and some existing keys have been renamed
- Bugfix: open_basedir not parsed correctly under Windows (thanks yannick*jamontØgmail*com)
- Bugfix: [demo/demo.browse] might not display file or directory name on PHP >=5.4.0 if filename not UTF-8 friendly
- Bugfix: [demo/demo.zip] could read more uncompressed data than required; fail to read file if local data descriptor not set; some wrong include files were listed; improved error message display
- Bugfix: [module.audio-video.riff] INFO comment chunks with null name chunk not parsed correctly
- Bugfix: [module.archive.gz] gzip files with filename stored may have filename reduplicated in [gzip][files] output
- Bugfix: [module.archive.zip] data_descriptor not parsed correctly
- Bugfix: [module.archive.zip] some newer compression methods unknown
- Bugfix: [module.archive.zip] not all flags parsed
- Bugfix: [module.archive.zip] local file header not parsed correctly if file has zero values for compressed_size in Local File Header
- Bugfix: (#1493) better support for >2GB filesize on 32-bit Linux
- Bugfix: (#1474) unneccesary call to GetDataImageSize in JPEG module
- Bugfix: (#1470) GIF files falsely detected as TS format
- Bugfix: (#1431) Matroska did not parse PixelCrop* / DisplayUnit (thanks jgerberØwikimedia*org)
- Bugfix: (#1430) split ID3v2 text values on null separator
- Bugfix: (#1426) MS Office 2007 file format now recognized as zip.msoffice
- Bugfix: (#1423) optimized CreateDeepArray function
- Bugfix: (#1415) add support for DS2 variant of DSS
New in version 1.9.4 Beta 1 (October 6th, 2012)
- This version improves Matroska parsing (including support for FLAC inside Matroska) and support for PHP5 standards.
New in version 1.9.3 (December 14th, 2011)
- This version adds more complete support for WebM files and improved detection of audio streams in Matroska files.
New in version 1.9.2 (December 12th, 2011)
- (#1256) ID3 tags in AIFF 'ID3 ' chunks now parsed
- (#1039) iXML data in WAV files now returned and parsed into [riff][WAVE][iXML][data] and [riff][WAVE][iXML][parsed]
- [playtime_string] now returns M:SS if less than 1 hour, and H:MM:SS if 1 hour or longer
- Bugfix: (#1266) variable tablename: extension.cache.mysql.php
- Bugfix: (#1265) unescaped # in regex in write.id3v2.php
- Bugfix: (#1252) MediaMonkey writes blank ID3v2 RGAD frames and puts replay-gain values in TXXX frames
- Bugfix: (#1251) FLV playtime could be inaccurate for longer files where meta frame is present but meta-playtime is zero
- Bugfix: (#1216) show hex values of unknown atom names
- Bugfix: (#1215) undefined variable in PrintHexBytes()
- Bugfix: FLV audio bitrate was returning kbps not bps
- Bugfix: missing ) in write.real.php::RemoveReal()
- Bugfix: replace $this::VERSION with getID3::VERSION in extension.cache.*.php
New in version 1.9.1 (August 11th, 2011)
- This version added support for ASF Extended Header Objects, and numerous small bugfixes in Matroska, RIFF, Quicktime, and ASF modules.
New in version 1.9.0 (June 21st, 2011)
- All module classes have been standardized to allow independent instantiation.
- Returned data with embedded images is now significantly smaller (less duplication).
- Many bugfixes, including truncated ASF metadata and unsupported Matroska tags.
New in version 1.8.5 (February 21st, 2011)
- support >2GB files on 64-bit PHP
- PHP v5.0.5 now minimum required version.
- Removed obsolte functions from getid3.lib.php: md5_file, sha1_file, image_type_to_mime_type
- IDivX tags now parsed on AVI files
- embedded image data is returned inside [comments][picture] in a 2-element array (data, image_mime) for all formats
- $this->overwrite_tags=false is now known to be buggy and has been disabled for this version until a full review of tag writing can be completed. Certainly affects ID3v2, the other writable tag formats may or may not be broken
- getID3 constructor no longer checks for (or sets) timezone
- demo.browse.php now shows cover art as inline images rather than dumped to separate files
- [audio][streams][x][language] now set when known
- Bugfix: RIFF-AVI "JUNK" chunks are now parsed properly, including zero-sized ones (no more false errors)
- Bugfix: msoffice documents now return correct error message
- Bugfix: demo.browse.php now encodes data according to current page encoding (default=UTF-8)
- Bugfix: (#1120) sometimes incorrect ID3v2 genre parsing
- Bugfix: (#1116) possibly incorrect warnings (or lack of) for RIFFs > 2GB.
- Bugfix: (#1115) wrong RIFFtype in RIFF files
- Bugfix: (#1114) wrong MIME type may be set for Matroska
- Bugfix: (#1113) support DSS v3 files
- Bugfix: (#1111) cover art in APE tags now supported
- Bugfix: (#1091) RemoveID3v1() unitialized variables
- Bugfix: (# 504) do not set Quicktime resolution if 'tkhd' atom is disabled
- Bugfix: (# 95) return [quicktime][controller] if known
New in version 1.8.4 (February 8th, 2011)
- change default encoding in ID3v2 writing to UTF16-LE+BOM (or ISO-8859-1 where possible) for better compatability with broken versions of Windows Media Player and iTunes
- Bugfix: [FLV] incorrect overall bitrate in some files
- Bugfix: (#1102) missing parentheses in write[.id3v2].php
- Bugfix: (#510) undefined IsValidDottedIP() in write.id3v2.php
New in version 1.8.3 (January 19th, 2011)
- Minor bugfixes.
- Improved support for custom PHP error handlers.