New in version 2.1.0
September 9th, 2008
- Added ability to select objects, with the option of deleting or viewing basic properties of the objects
- Split off the core functionality of gerbv into a library (libgerbv) to allow developers to quickly write software using Gerber parsing/editing/exporting/rendering functionality. Full DOxygen documentation has also been created to facilitate developers wishing to use libgerbv.
- Added export to RS274X and Excellon functionality, allowing gerbv to translate files between formats. The RS274X export function can also be used to "clean" troublesome files to a more compatible format.
- Added the ability to override the Excellon format "guessing", allowing non-standard drill files to be correctly rendered
- Greatly expanded the command line functionality, including the ability to panelize boards into a single one through the command line
- Added "Aperture usage" tab to Gerber reports. This allows the user to see how often each aperture is used in all visible layers of his project. Several notable bugs were squished in release 2.1.0:
- Fixed bug when exporting several layers to SVG/PDF/PS, which caused corrupted output and/or crashes
- Fixed several Windows-only problems related to parsing and rendering
- Fixed rendering bug when using polygon objects within step and repeat blocks
- Improved RS-274X export output format to work with certain Gerber viewing software