New in version 0.20.6
January 23rd, 2015
- Stopped using GtkAlignment widgets, since they are already dead in some distro's GTK+ version. Reported by I. De Marchi.
- Spanish and Catalan translations updated, thanks to I. De Marchi.
- EPIC bug fix: there was a delay (!) call in the progress-reporting dialog, which absolutely *murdered* gentoo's file I/O performance. Of course, I didn't notice. But Matthias Haase (Fedora packager) did. Thanks! I believe the bad code snuck in when I was working on the progress dialog; it's actually useful then but should never have been released. My apologies.
New in version 0.20.5 (January 20th, 2015)
- We now require GTK+ 3.12. I've always aimed to stay current with GTK+, and since development resources are very limited I can't afford to track multiple release versions. "The latest in Ubuntu" is basically how it works, and since my main workstation is on 14.10, that's it.
- Fixed horrible bug with the width-tracking for pane columns, that caused gentoo to consider the configuration changed every time you started it.
- Fixed crash bug when starting gentoo without a configuration, and possibly other times as well.
- Hunted down and fixed many cases of deprecated icon APIs used. Still "lost" some icons due to GTK+ 3.x changes.
- Noticed that the UI turns black in weird ways when running under GTK+ 3.12.2 in Ubuntu 14.10. Cured by turning off GTK's hidden bars: `gsettings set com.canonical.desktop.interface scrollbar-mode normal`. I don't think this is a gentoo issue, it feels like a theme bug.
- Cleaned up confused "Grab" button for the wrong window type on the Windows configuration page. Grabbing works only for the main window.
- Fixed bug that made GTK+ spew warnings when re-opening the Configuration window. Harmless, but very annoying.
- Tweaked how column widths are handled. We no longer support dragging columns to change the width, you must change it numerically in the settings. This is because it's hard to combine a fixed/tracked numerical width with being able to manually resize the column.
- Added some margin around the content of the Information window.
- Added a new button labelled "Edit Command" on the Styles configuration page, that (with a selected Action property using a custom command) takes you to the "Definition" configuration page for that command.
New in version 0.20.4 (November 21st, 2013)
- Updated Catalan and Spanish translations, thanks to I. De Marchi.
- Did some code adjustments due to deprecations in the GTK+ 3.x APIs.
New in version 0.19.13 (March 19th, 2012)
- This release improves UI flexibility so that gentoo now runs better if you configure it to not have any command buttons.
- It fixes a bug that prevented the Information window from successfully closing.
- It rewrites the core of the Move command to not compute the size before trying a rename, saving huge amounts of time for deep/complex directory moves on the same device.
New in version 0.19.11 (August 29th, 2011)
- The Rename command now optionally pre-selects parts of the filename, which is handy for preventing changing of the extension.
- The Spanish and Catalan translations were updated.
- Better default action handling was implemented, so that Return dismisses the dialog.
- The Information window now remembers size and position.
- The location and names of configuration files was changed for less filesystem littering.
New in version 0.19.10 (June 13th, 2011)
- Updated to require GTK+ 2.24.
- Many bugfixes and improvements.
- Reintroduction of pane header highlighting by color to show activeness.
- Pane-switching moves input focus. Support for rubber-band selection.
- Dialog keyboard handling has been improved.
- The SelectType command from the keyboard no longer causes a crash.
- Shows the active pane's current location in the window's title bar.
- Catalan and Spanish translations have been updated
New in version 0.19.9 (January 31st, 2011)
- A bug that made it impossible to double-click file and directory names was fixed.
- The configure-script was tweaked to require a more recent version of GTK+.
- Two new translations were added for Catalan and Spanish.
- A few other minor fixes were made.
New in version 0.19.7 (December 17th, 2010)
- Massive improvements to the Split command, which now features live preview of the files that will be generated.
- It is now possible to have gentoo display errors in the main window's title and turn off the status bar altogether, to save vertical space.
- Bugfixes with window icons, RenameSeq UI, GetSize error handling, and more.
- CD Source and CD Destination now work, for local paths.
- The Configuration window can now be made much smaller, and its contents will scroll if needed.
New in version 0.19.6 (November 26th, 2010)
- A bug when editing window position and size numbers was fixed.
- GTK+ window geometry hinting code was added to make the main window shrinkable down postage-stamp size, if you want to.
- A bug in the SymLinkClone command that spewed debug text to the console was fixed.
- A bug was fixed in SymLinkEdit that prevented it from doing the right thing if called with no selection (it now opens a dialog so you can create a new link).
- The ChOwn and ChMod commands now trigger explicit pane refresh.
- Symbolic links now behave a lot more like their targets (if the target exists), and are styled and sorted as you would expect.