New in version 3.6.2
January 3rd, 2013
- There are various Windows compilation fixes.
- Morphology was made less obtrusive because it is a bit greedy.
- There are fixes for a segfault in waei if no dictionaries are installed and a search is carried out.
- There are fixes to localization.
New in version 3.4.3 (April 17th, 2012)
- This version fixes display of kanjipad (or at least improves it), fixes problems with searches from waei, fixes localizations of some texts, and removes/disables deprecated directives.
New in version 3.4.2 (April 2nd, 2012)
- It installs libwaei headers, increases the libwaei version number, fixes the order in which dictionaries are installed, no longer crashes when a mecab dictionary is not installed, fixes handling of a gtk bug not showing installable dictionaries, and adds zlib to configure.ac.
New in version 3.4.1 (March 22nd, 2012)
- This version adds various fixes and polish improvements, case-insensitive flashcard answers, the ability to enter katakana/hiragana answers as romaji, ignoring of punctuation and spaces, a dependency move from enchant to hunspell in preparation for an architecture change, direct use of zlib instead of piping data through gzip, and a number of fixes for win32.
- All users need to update their package dependencies.
New in version 3.2.0 Beta 1 (November 21st, 2011)
- gWaei now requires GTK+ 3.2.
- The Windows have been rewritten to extend GtkWindow instead of just containing a GtkWindow.
- libunique is no longer a dependency.
- GtkApplication from GTK+ is now used instead.
- The program now handles large amounts of results better and no longer truncates them as early.
- Dictionary lines are no longer counted on startup, which makes it much quicker. MinGW is now automatically detected instead of requiring an option during configure.
- Unfortunately, it is still not supported as GTK+ 3 and D-Bus don't run well on Windows yet.
New in version 3.0.2 (July 19th, 2011)
- In 3.0.1 there was a bug that would make gWaei freeze from time to time due to some thread locking, which is the reason for this rushed version.
- Also, a warning that appeared when clicking a lot of Kanji in the main results pane was fixed. With any luck, the 3.0.x series is now stable.
New in version 3.0.1 (July 19th, 2011)
- Multiple bugs were fixed.
- Installing the Kanji dictionary now works.
- The print preview was fixed.
- The primary toolbar style is now fixed for button hovering.
- Code was added to make sure that the progress bar clears when a search is canceled.
New in version 1.5.2 (January 10th, 2011)
- Bugfix release. Searches when using & in the query work again instead of being truncated as you type. The interface is now more responsive when a search is carried out by edits to thread locking. Exact matching for the console version of gWaei was readded because it is truly needed there since most consoles scroll passed the most useful results. The sandboxing issue caused by gtk-update-icon-cache for the package maintainers was fixed. The README has been updated as it was woefully out of date.
New in version 1.5.1 (December 16th, 2010)
- Crashes when &, |, or, ( are typed into the query are now fixed.
- Broken thread locking code was corrected, which fixed some random crashing.