New in version 2.9.1
February 15th, 2013
- Set correct window dimensions on any Xinerama screen, not just the first one (active screen is determined by current pointer location).
New in version 2.8 (December 27th, 2012)
- Do not apply --scale-down to the thumbnail window. It will be applied to windows opened from this, though.
- Patch by Rob Cornish: Respect --image-bg when setting a wallpaper (bg-center and bg-max)
- Add %V (feh process ID) format specifier
- Fix delete not working on last image with --cycle-once
- Treat quick, low-offset drags (1px or 2px move in
New in version 2.7 (October 16th, 2012)
- Add --min-dim and --max-dim options to only process images with certain dimensions
New in version 2.6.3 (September 28th, 2012)
- Fix segfault when doing lossless mirror/rotate and jpegexiforient is not present
New in version 2.6.2 (September 27th, 2012)
- Set EXIF orientation tag to 1 ("0,0 is top left" aka normal) after running jpegtran. Previously, when doing a lossless rotate, the image was rotated but the corresponding EXIF tag not updated, resulting in wrong image display in programs aware of this EXIF tag.
- Fix spelling in feh(1)
- Compile debug builds with -O0
New in version 2.6.1 (September 14th, 2012)
- Fix freedesktop.org Thumbnail Managing Standard implementation: when running feh on the current working directory, '/path/to/./image.png' was used for thumbnail name generation. Now it is always '/path/to/image.png'
- Show error message if lossless rotate / flip failed on non-JPEG image
- Show error message if -O / -o failed to save image
- Show error message if load failed and magick is disabled (was broken by feh 2.4)
New in version 2.6 (August 29th, 2012)
- Fixes and additions in EXIF tag support.
- ImageMagick (convert) is now disabled by default; use --magick-timeout to enable it.
- The format specifiers %o (image offset), %r (image rotation), and %z (image zoom) were added.
- The deprecated --menu-style option was removed.
- --reload now accepts non-decimal values and a bug when using --filelist with .txt files was fixed.
- Also, --reload and --slideshow-delay are no longer mutually exclusive.
- When opening HTTP URLs, %f and %F will now return the URL instead of the temporary local filename.
New in version 2.4 (March 7th, 2012)
- This version has limited support for all file types supported by ImageMagick, using the convert binary to load them (if available).
- The behaviour of --quiet and --verbose was adjusted to the documentation.
- The new %S and %P format specifiers can be used to print the image size / number of pixels in human readable form with a suffix.
New in version 2.1 (November 3rd, 2011)
- This version fixes handling of images with very long names (mostly from HTTP URLs).
- It adds support for tiling window managers by re-applying --scale-down every time the window is resized.