March 26th, 2013
· Set G_LOG_DOMAIN so that 'dconf' shows in GLib log messages
· Brazilian Portuguese
February 12th, 2013
· This release more or less completes the rewriting of dconf-service.
· Support for backends are now fully-realised (and we have a couple of
· them as proof). Many small bugs (some with serious symptoms) have been
· fixed vs. the last release.
· fix problem related to empty changesets (caused by empty 'dconf load', for example). These are now handled properly on the server side but also forbidden in the client libraries.
· new icons: hicolor icons have been updated and a HighContrast set added
· loosen some assertions on the order of messages being returned from the service. D-Bus violates this order in the case that the service crashes and that's no reason to take the client with it as well.
· improve autogen.sh non-bash compatibility
· add some backends to the dconf-service (that were 'considered' as per the last NEWS). The first backend is a null backend that allows for a temporary database tied to the lifetime of the session, possibly useful for testing.
· also add a new 'keyfile' backend for the service. This is primarily intended to be used with NFS (where use of mmap is not safe)
· add a mkdir() in the case of an empty home directory where ~/.config/dconf does not already exist
· fix crashes in the service caused by failures to write (including failures caused by the above issue being overlooked)
· work around an issue with a testcase hanging and failing due to a GLib change to the order in which testcases are run
· running autoreconf on tarballs should now work
· Norwegian bokmÃ¥l
· 595579 support NFS
· 663961 Cannot build without a git checkout
· 673834 dconf commandline tool doesn't initialise the locale
· 686998 add keywords to the desktop file
· 687120 gnome-ostree-3.8 triggers expected && oc->change == expected assertion
· 687310 dconf-editor should install a highcontrast app icon
· 689136 Crash in dconf_writer_real_end(): change is NULL (when $XDG_CONFIG_HOME/dconf does not exist)
· 690316 writer: Fix typo causing segfaults on service shutdown
· 690477 Can't build with gnome-apps-3.6 module set
· 691013 Crash on missing ~/.config/dconf and clear pointer
· 692144 needs a nicer icon
· 692186 build: autogen.sh uses /bin/sh but depends on advanced shell redirection shorthands
October 3rd, 2011
· The version number was increased and a new entry was added to the NEWS.
September 20th, 2011
· give a g_warning() on failure to communicate with service
· remove unworking 'set lock' call from dconf API and commandline tool
· add code to exit gracefully on receipt of SIGINT, SIGHUP, SIGTERM
· remove "service function" logic; always use the XDG runtime directory
May 10th, 2011
· This release corrects a serious flaw in the previous release: crashing if the database did not already exist.
· It also contains many fixes and improvements to the dconf-editor, including use of GSettings to store the window geometry.
· This is the final release before 0.8.0 which will become the first release in a new stable series. Feature development will continue on 'master' toward 0.9 past that point.
March 23rd, 2011
· This release consists almost entirely of fixes made by Robert to dconf-editor. A few other trivial build fixes are included as well (bumping library version dependencies to match reality, etc).
January 18th, 2011
· The last release contained a few problems that caused build failures on some strict linkers. Those should be fixed now.
September 16th, 2010
· Adjust to GDBus API changes
· Send correct object path in Notify on WriteMany
· Use printf() and exit() instead of g_error() to avoid too many crash reports for now
· Require gobject-introspection 0.9.5
· Require vala 0.9.5
· Make dconf-editor optional
· Drop libgee requirement for dconf-editor
· Tweak shared library installation to make ldconfig happy
· Bump .gir version to dconf-1.0
· Fix introspection build with recent gobject-introspection
· Minor bug fixes
September 22nd, 2009
· add dconf dbus service (closes #595479)
· fill in missing parts of the API
· don't crash if get_locked() is called on "/"
· fix dconf-writer corruption issue (closes #595475)