April 8th, 2013As a feature release, it comes with a lot of new goodies:
· profiled denoising: adapt to the properties of your camera's sensor (72 cameras already profiled for you).
· lightroom import: convert some basic edits from your lightroom collection to darktable operations.
· multi instance support: duplicate your modules and apply them more than one time with different settings.
· improved usability for distorting modules (streamline spot removal in the presence of crop/rotate for example).
· selective copy/paste of image processing.
· new more intuitive keystone correction tool.
· jpeg2000 support.
· graphics magick import (support virtually all input image formats).
· much faster thumbnail loading (if you can live with crappy embedded thumbnails).
· incredibly lengthy list of small bug fixes, performance enhancements, and usability improvements.
· new camera support (decode and color matrices).
· dithering against banding.
· sharper thumbnails in lighttable mode.
· new oauth2 based picasa uploader.
· updated translations.
· and a thoroughly overhauled user manual, proof read by natives (thanks heaps guys!).
This is the list of cameras supported for profiled denoising in this tarball:
· canon eos-1d mark iv
· canon eos-1ds mark ii
· canon eos 20d
· canon eos 30d
· canon eos 350d
· canon eos 400d
· canon eos 40d
· canon eos 450d
· canon eos 50d
· canon eos 550d
· canon eos 5d
· canon eos 5d mark ii
· canon eos 5d mark iii
· canon eos 600d
· canon eos 60d
· canon eos 650d
· canon eos 6d
· canon eos 7d
· canon eos rebel t1i
· canon eos rebel t3i
· canon eos rebel t4i
· canon powershot g10
· canon powershot g12
· canon powershot s90
· konica minolta dynax 5d
· nikon d200
· nikon d300
· nikon d300s
· nikon d3100
· nikon d5000
· nikon d5100
· nikon d600
· nikon d700
· nikon d7000
· nikon d80
· nikon d800
· nikon d800e
· nikon d90
· olympus e-30
· olympus e-400
· olympus e-420
· olympus e-m5
· olympus e-pl1
· olympus e-pl5
· olympus xz-1
· olympus xz-2
· panasonic dmc-fz18
· panasonic dmc-g2
· panasonic dmc-g3
· panasonic dmc-g5
· panasonic dmc-gf1
· panasonic dmc-gh2
· panasonic dmc-gx1
· pentax k100d
· pentax k10d
· pentax k200d
· pentax k-5
· pentax k-5 ii s
· pentax k-7
· pentax k-m
· pentax k-r
· pentax k-x
· samsung nx100
· sony dsc-rx100
· sony dslr-a200
· sony dslr-a230
· sony dslr-a550
· sony dslr-a700
· sony nex-3
· sony nex-5n
· sony nex-6
· sony nex-7
· sony nex-c3
· sony slt-a55v
· sony slt-a65v
· sony slt-a77v
July 28th, 2011
· This version has a few bugfixes on top of release 0.9 (184 patches).
· Some items: new rawspeed, dcraw, and libraw; fixes for various segfaults and deadlocks; the pipeline is now more real HDR (no more gamut clipping in between); a fix for a nasty bug that could cause complete loss of history for an image; darktable-faster now plays nicely with darktablerc (non-gconf); many opencl improvements; updated translations; and the second part of the GSoC: customizable keyboard shortcuts.
July 6th, 2011
· This version has countless new features over release 0.8, such as run-time detected GPU acceleration (switch it on/off during runtime in the prefs), blend operations, a spot removal tool, a low light vision tool, non-local-means denoising (relatively fast for nlmeans, but still slow), a framing plugin (adds postcard borders to match a given aspect ratio), tonemapping is a lot faster now (probably the fastest high-dimensional bilateral filter available today), changed images come with the darktable|changed tag, and many more. The first part of the Google summer of code project is already merged.
February 16th, 2011
· much faster image loading due to rawspeed, an awesome new library by klaus post @rawstudio
· lots of performance improvements in our caches and pixel pipelines (together with the above like 5x--10x)
· gpu computing using opencl (for graphics boards that support it) for a lot of common plugins, to give a huge performance boost
· overhauled collection plugin for more flexible image collections
· metadata editor (set author and copyright information etc)
· fast demosaicing now done on roi and in floating point
· HDR bracketing and tone mapping (somewhat experimental)
· flickr upload
· new languages: thai and japanese
· lots of new color matrices and white balance presets
· lots of bugfixes
December 7th, 2010
· some more white balance presets
· layout fixes for overlong profile names
· styles now actually work
· extensive documentation in form of screencasts
November 22nd, 2010
· .xmp is now used instead of .dt for sidecars
· libraw with dcraw 9.05
· plug-ins of darkroom mode are now in groups/tabs
· new darkroom plug-ins: zone system, relight, graduated neutral density, watermark
· changes can now be saved into named processing styles
· initial preferences dialog was added
· custom shooting settings can be added in tethering mode
· initial user manual was written, available in english, german, french, dutch, and swedish
· moved to xdg config file standard
· languages: ca cs de es fi fr gl it nl pl ru sq sv
· reset labels: double click the label to only reset this option, not the whole plug-in
· a cropped image can now be recropped without resetting the whole plug-in (press backspace)
· lots of new cameras with enhanced support (input profiles and base curves)
· recursive image import
· 962 commits since release-0.6 :)
August 30th, 2010
· libraw 0.10.0-beta3
· tethered shooting mode
· import from camera via gphoto2
· new, improved plugins: vignetting, velvia, grain, denoise (via bilateral filter), color transfer, channel mixer ..
· crop/rotate: straighten tool, perspective correction, guide lines (ported from digikam)
· lots of new input color matrices and base curves
· openexr export
· database format changed, which greatly improves speed (and cuts down used disk memory)
· film strip view in darkroom mode for quick image switching
· cool alternative demosaicing algorithms (ported from rawtherapee): dcb, amaze, vcd, c/a autocorrection
· customizable preset system for all darkroom modules with auto application to matching images, selected by exif
· reworked export system to modularly support export to picasa webalbum, email, or disk in jpg, png, 8/16-tiff, pfm, exr, or 16-ppm.
· lots of performance enhancements (plugins denoise and local contrast are still slow)
· translations: de es fi fr gl nl ru sv
March 29th, 2010
· image tagging
· flexible database queries by exif and custom tags
· powerful color zones plug-in, to selectively alter only some colors
· french translation
· libraw 0.8.5
· new light table mode layout: file manager
· inotify support
· tiff 8-bit and 16-bit export
· new, more powerful widgets to replace sliders and spin buttons (derived from libphat)
· reworked, fully color managed processing pipeline
· supplied some useful base curves
· image cache can now enforce a strict memory limit
· snapshots: side-by-side comparisons in darkroom mode
· fixed aspect ratio and horizontal/vertical flipping in crop module
· spot auto exposure
· highlight reconstruction
· white balance presets with fine-tuning (from ufraw)
· ..countless small improvements