collective.chimpfeed 1.9.8 - Changelog
What's new in collective.chimpfeed 1.9.8:January 25th, 2013
- Moved catalog indexes to setuphandlers to avoid indexes beingemptied when profile is run.[tmog]
- Fixed broken subscribe form. Bug introduced with pre-selectedinterest groups feature on subscribe portlet.
- Fixed interest groups selection (on assignment) being ignored when``select_interest_groups`` was False.
- Add dependency on BeautifulSoup. It's required for the defaultstatic newsletter renderer.
- Update title and description of newsletter portlet.So we can tell the difference between newsletter and campaign.
- Use context description on main subscribe form if there isone and the form is rendered in a custom context.Added for flexibility.[tmog]
- Main subscribe form no longer registered on plone site.Means flexibility to view the form in a custom context.Tip: use a Link as default_page in you context.[tmog]
- Added hook to register named IGroupExtras utilities. Can be usedin custom code to inject results into a feed.[tmog]
- Ensure campaign template does not fail if items have no getObject.This adds flexibility when customising.[tmog]
- Added control panel option to ignore interest groupings.Ignored groupings will be filtered from the feed vocabulary.[tmog]
What's new in collective.chimpfeed 1.9.7:December 7th, 2012
- Sort items for RSS-feed by publication date.
What's new in collective.chimpfeed 1.9.6:December 5th, 2012
- Fixed compatibility with Python 2.4.
- The RSS-feed now defines only ``pubDate` for each entry and not also ``dc:date``. According to the w3 validation service, "An item should not include both pubDate and dc:date".
- When creating new campaigns, we now specify a segment that filters away any subscribers who are not interested in anything we're sending. [tmog]
What's new in collective.chimpfeed 1.9.5:November 16th, 2012
- Correctly hide form fields that have the 'show' attribute set to false.
What's new in collective.chimpfeed 1.9.2:November 12th, 2012
- Fixed issue where interest group filtering would incorrectly get applied on the outer level which would then be repeated unnecessarily.
What's new in collective.chimpfeed 1.9.0:November 9th, 2012
- Hidden field corresponds to 'public', 'show' is something else.
What's new in collective.chimpfeed 1.8.9:November 9th, 2012
- Use the interest grouping title intead of the group title in the campaign template.
- The default subject line now includes the date.
- Attempt to translate field names.
What's new in collective.chimpfeed 1.8.8:November 7th, 2012
- Fixed issue where the moderation portlet would incorrectly return items that would not need moderation.
- Added control panel action to remove non-existing feeds from content.
What's new in collective.chimpfeed 1.8.7:November 5th, 2012
- "System" fields (those in all-caps) are now no longer shown on the subscription form.
- Require that 'Anonymous' is included in allowed roles and groups.
- The subscription form now includes a "Select all" checkbox.
What's new in collective.chimpfeed 1.8.6:October 30th, 2012
- Update moderation items widget when one or more items have been approved. This ensures that the rendered view is correctly updated.
What's new in collective.chimpfeed 1.8.2:October 29th, 2012
- The subscription form now displays defined 'text' and 'dropdown' merge vars as fields.
- The previous release had a bugfix which did not address the issue correctly. This should be fixed now.
What's new in collective.chimpfeed 1.8.1:October 12th, 2012
- Fixed an issue where the moderation portlet would fail when an item set for moderation would not have a defined schedule date.
- This shouldn't happen in practice, because the publication date is used instead of a schedule date, but the catalog data might be incorrect.
What's new in collective.chimpfeed 1.8:September 14th, 2012
- The list subscribe form now validates the e-mail address input.
- You can define feeds manually in addition to the ones pulled automatically from a selected list. This is now also clarified in the help texts.
- Added local utility IApiUtility (defined in interfaces) to expose methods for accessing the API, to be used my third party customizations.
- Show unmoderated items even if they're scheduled for a past date.
- Added an option to exclude items scheduled after today's date when preparing a campaign.
- Adding RSS publication date, formatted as RFC 822.
- Fixed an issue where KSS validation would not work properly in the subscribe form.
- Fixed an off-by-one bug in the date comparison logic. Items are now correctly included from the provided "start" date.
- feedSchedule is now defined as a DateIndex.
What's new in collective.chimpfeed 1.7:August 3rd, 2012
- It's now possible to restrict the collection of interest groups to those from a particular list. This can help clear up confusion about which interest groups are available, but importantly, also helps alleviate network latency when many lists are defined for an account (because we must query the interest groups per list, in sequence).
- Added a subscription form, available from the control panel (there's a link for each defined mailinglist).
What's new in collective.chimpfeed 1.6.0:August 1st, 2012
- Interest groups are now conflated with feeds. These are now always defined in MailChimp.
- Previously, a manager needed to set up a list of feeds manually. These were just strings that did not tie into MailChimp's interest groups directly. This is now changed.
- Feed URLs in the control panel are now listed in the same order as they are defined.
- Added new schema extension to give items an explicit feed category.
- Available categories are configured in the control panel.
- It's now possible to create and schedule a a new campaign based on the items currently active.
- This is implemented as a new portlet. It is intended that the portlet be added to the editor's dashboard.
- Note that content is grouped by their interest group marking, and uses MailChimp's conditional markup to tailor the newsletter to each user. The sorting of the groups is pluggable via a utility.
- The portlet includes a date which sets the lower date boundary on what items are active. The upper boundary defaults to today's date which is matched with the item schedule date.
- When a campaign is created, tomorrow's date is set as the new lower date boundary such that no items are immediately active for a subsequent campaign.
What's new in collective.chimpfeed 1.5.7:June 25th, 2012
- Fixed compatibility issues with legacy libraries.
What's new in collective.chimpfeed 1.5.5:June 12th, 2012
- Added optional portlet description field.
What's new in collective.chimpfeed 1.5.4:April 27th, 2012
- Fixed bug that would make the schema extension fail with Archetypes-based content.
What's new in collective.chimpfeed 1.5.3:April 20th, 2012
- Do not extend schema (or add via behavior) if product is not installed (settings not available).
What's new in collective.chimpfeed 1.4:March 28th, 2012
- Bump schedule date to today's date on moderation, if date is in the past. This ensures that the item will be shown on the moderation screen.
- Fixed issue with custom schema mutator which would not function correctly with schema caching; we are able to work around it using Archetypes' storage API directly.
- Fixed incorrect package dependency.
What's new in collective.chimpfeed 1.3:March 27th, 2012
- Add support for configuring an RSS summary display of included items.
- Add support for Dexterity-based content.
- Make content moderation requirement optional.
What's new in collective.chimpfeed 1.2:March 14th, 2012
- Add link to content for moderation.
- The moderation portlet now correctly gets the class 'portletModeration'.
What's new in collective.chimpfeed 1.1:March 9th, 2012
- Added simple approval system where items are explicitly made available after some date, and separately approved (guarded by a custom permission).
- To upgrade, you must run the "catalog" setup step and perform the require indexing.