September 4th, 2012
· Support for PUIAS Linux was added.
April 17th, 2012
· This version adds an option to ignore non-security related updates.
December 6th, 2011
· This version adds support for Amazon Linux.
September 21st, 2009
· This release fixes a bug that prevented the correct detection of the Red Hat system version.
May 19th, 2009
· --critical and --warning are working again
· Nagios 3 extended info with the outdated packages
December 6th, 2008
· This release implements a timeout (as required by the Nagios Plugin guidelines) and removes the dependency on RPM2 (which does not work with modern RPM versions).
November 15th, 2008
· This release fixes a bug that caused check_updates to output the incorrect number of outdated packages when using up2date in conjunction with excluded packages (e.g. the kernel).