October 29th, 2012
· Changed Window GUI size (larger).
· Added Teletext options to GUI.
· Added -teletext to force teletext mode even if not detected
· Added -noteletext to disable teletext detection. This can be needed for streams that have both 608 data and teletext packets if you need to process the 608 data (if teletext is detected it will take precedence otherwise).
· Added -datapid to force a specific elementary stream to be used for data (bypassing detections).
· Added -ru2 and -ru3 to limit the number of visible lines in roll-up captions (bypassing whatever the broadcast says).
· Added support for a .hex (hexadecimal) dump of data.
· Added support for wtv in Windows. This is done by using a new program (wtvccdump.exe) and a new DirectShow filter (CCExtractorDump.dll) that process the .wtv using DirecShow's filters and export the line 21 data to a .hex file. The GUI calls wtvccdump.exe as needed.
· Added --nogoptime to force PTS timing even when CCExtractor would use GOP timing otherwise.
August 18th, 2012
· Teletext support has been added.
· Work on CEA-708.
· Better Hauppauge format support.
January 25th, 2012
· MP4 support has been added.
· The Windows version was writing text files with double \r.
· Closed captions blocks with no data could cause a crash.
· -noru (to generate files without duplicate lines in roll-up) was broken, with complete lines being missing.
· bin format was not working as input.
December 9th, 2010
· Added support for H.264
February 24th, 2009
· Force generated RCWT files to have the same length as source file.
· Fix documentation for -startat / -endat switches.
· Make -startat / -endat work with all output formats.
· Fix sync check for raw/rcwt files.
· Improve timing of dvr-ms NTSC captions.
· Add -in=bin switch to read CCExtractor's own binary format.
· Fix problem with short input files (smaller 1MB).
· Clean up regular and debug output.
· Add --no_progress_bar switch to help readability of redirected output.
· Add -out=bin switch to write RCWT data.
· Remove -bo/--bufferoutput switch and functionality.
· [Volker] Added new generic binary format (RCWT for Raw Captions With Time). This new format allows one file to contain all the available closed caption data instead of just one stream.
· Added --no_progress_bar to disable status information (mostly used when debugging, as the progress information is annoying in the middle of debug logs).
· The Windows GUI was reported to freeze in some conditions. Fixed.
· The Windows GUI is now targeted for .NET 2.0 instead of 3.5. This allows Windows 2000 to run it (there's not .NET 3.5 for Windows 2000), as requested by a couple of key users.
December 20th, 2008
· Support was added for frontends, which can now get realtime status information.
· The Windows GUI was rewritten.
· DVR-MS support was improved.
· Clean-up was finished.
December 12th, 2008
· [Volker] Fix in DVR-MS NTSC timing
· [Volker] More clean-up
· Minor fixes
December 10th, 2008
· [Volker] Major MPEG parser rework. Code much cleaner now.
· Some stations transmit broken roll-up captions, and for some reason don't send CRs but RUs... Added work-around code to make captions readable.
· Started work on EIA-708 (DTV). Right now you can add -debug-708 to get a dump of the 708 data. An actually useful decoder will come soon.
· Some of the changes MIGHT HAVE BROKEN MythTV's code. I don't use MythTV myself so I rely on other people's samples and reports. If MythTV is broken please let me know.
· Added new debug options.
· Other minor bugfixes and changes.
November 25th, 2008
· This release adds support for live streaming (it can now process files that are being recorded at the same time).
· It adds a new DVR-MS loop so that it no longer uses the generic MPEG code for DVR-MS.
· DVR-MS should (or will eventually, at least) be as reliable as TS.
November 15th, 2008
· A lot of work in DVR-MS support: fixes for issues in the MEPG code, the addition of autodetection, a force mode, and more.
· An updated Windows GUI.
· An option to allow long GOPs (many frames in the same GOP) for timing.
· Minor bugfixes.
September 10th, 2008
· This release adds an option to the GUI to process individual files in batch, i.e. call ccextractor once per file.
· It adds an option to prevent duplicate lines in roll-up captions.
· There are several minor bugfixes.
· The GUI has been updated to add the new options.