May 16th, 2013
· A modification in handling MusicBrainz ID tags was needed to avoid problems with falsely duplicate tracks.
· We fixed a weird behaviour when the "Use Music Location?" question is answered "Yes" on the first run.
· We now have worked around the QtWebkit ↔ GStreamer bug that caused frequent crashes on track start; this happened if the Wikipedia applet tried to load a page containing an audio tag.
· The database is now also created if the home directory contains non-ASCII characters.
· The Nepomuk Collection now also shows track numbers.
May 31st, 2012FEATURES:
· Amazon store: improved album search
· Support for transcoding when copying tracks to USB Mass Storage devices; per-device transcoding preference can be saved, too.
· Provide Repopulate and Turn off link in "Dynamic Mode Enabled" bagde.
· Support for setting cover images for albums on USB Mass Storage devices.
· Support for setting and unsetting cover images for iPod albums, can write back covers to file meta-data too, respects configuration.
· Amazon store: ability to check out an item directly without using the Amarok shopping cart. (BR 288808)
· Amarok now includes the Free Music Charts service by default.
· The maximum dimensions for embedded covers are now configurable. (BR 279493)
· Small configuration dialog for iPods that shows troubleshooting information and allows to change iPod name.
· Improved usability of iPod playlists: iPod collection automatically transfers tracks dropped to iPod playlists to iPod when it is needed.
· Tracks can now be transcoded when transferring them to iPod. (BR 291722)
· A diagnostic dialog reporting versions of Amarok, Qt, KDE and phonon libraries as well as the used phonon backend and status of plugins and scripts. Patch by Andrzej Hunt.
· Ability to move track position bookmarks by dragging; patch by Jasneet Bhatti. (BR 214721)
· Amarok can now remember whether and how to transcode tracks when transferring them to a particular collection. (BR 264681)
· "Crop playlist" functionality implemented using drag & drop. (BR 267729, 211811)
· Added keyboard shortcut for "Edit Track Information..." (BR 173814) Patch by Jasneet Bhatti.
· Support for embedded album covers in non-collection tracks and in USB Mass Storage collection.
· Hold the Shift key when dragging tracks to collections to move them instead of copying.
· New search filter for absolute date
· Named UMS collections
· Albums with same name but different album artist are now correctly separated in USB Mass Storage, iPod and various online service collections.
· Support for detecting compilations in USB Mass Storage collection.
· Support embedded covers for ogg (read only) and flac files. (BR 288752)
· Track meta-data can be edited in USB Mass Storage collection.
· Support for album artists in USB Mass Storage collection.
· album artist (if differs from artist), BPM, labels, last played time and bitrate are now shown in playlist track tooltip (if not already displayed in playlist)
· Volume normalization: ReplayGain is now converted to iPod Sound Check and vice versa. (BR 142579)
· Builds with ffmpeg 0.11.
· Database structure (lyrics table) was updated. Starting Amarok for the first time after the upgrade may take up to one minute as the data is migrated.
· Amazon store: try to show a sensible default in the country selection.
· Only offer delete action when Shift key is pressed in Collection context menu.
· Only offer move action when Shift key is pressed in Collection context menu.
· Remove context view video applet. Unmaintained and broken. (BR 242793)
· Album cover images are written in background to prevent freezes. (BR 298332)
· Make keyboard & mouse behaviour of saved playlists browser same as of the collection browser, including the delete key.
· Delete and Shift + Delete keys now work as expected in collection browser.
· Preserve statistics when copying or moving tracks to Local Collection.
· Common album actions such as Show cover, Show under Various Artists are now available for all collections that support it, not just Local collection.
· When copying files to iPod, ensure target directories exist.
· When writing covers to files, all existing covers will be replaced.
· PulseAudio status in diagnostic dialog.
· optional libgpod dependency raised to 0.8.2 to support newest iPods.
· Amarok now prevents accidental unmounting of iPods in (small) time-frames when iTunes database on iPod is not yet updated.
· Amarok detects when iPod is to be ejected from system and gracefully disconnects it when it occurs.
· Hitting the eject button on iPod collection ejects it also from the system.
· iPod collection now detects whether iPod is safe to write and marks iPod as read-only if not. This prevents "iPod shows 0 tracks" problem.
· Correct progress bar advancement when transferring tracks to iPod. (BR 139454)
· iPod Collection supports multiple simultaneous cancellable transfers. (BR 219963)
· Improved dialog to initialize iPod. (BR 279797)
· Load tracks in playlists asynchronously using proxy tracks. (BR 295199)
· It is now possible to transcode tracks when moving them. (BR 280526)
· Drag & drop of tracks and playlists to Saved Playlists works in all cases.
· Don't show unmounted USB Mass Storage devices and make it clear when the device is not "activated" yet.
· "Devices" in Amarok configuration -> Plugins is with other related strings renamed to "Local Collection Backends" to reduce user confusion.
· Enable keyboard activation of PlaylistBrowser items.
· Don't use `mysql_config --variable=pkgincludedir`, find mysql include directory manually by looking up mysql.h.
· Album artist is now guessed for tracks that do not belong into any collection and tracks from USB Mass Storage collection. Guessing uses the same algorithm as Local Collection.
· When hovering iPod, UMS or MTP collection in collection browser, "1.2 GB free" is shown instead of "85% used"; thicker capacity bar.
· Fix crash on startup due to EngineController. (BR 300659)
· Fix problem building tests with google mock 1.6.0 on Ubuntu
· Fix dynamic playlist album play bias with MetaProxy::Tracks.
· Transcoding: fix compatibility with libav's ffmpeg. (BR 300551)
· Saved lyrics are preserved when the track is moved. (BR 242350)
· Lyrics, labels and album actions are correctly displayed for tracks from main and saved playlists on Amarok startup. (BR 299150)
· Lyrics applet scrolls more intelligently. Patch by Alexander Potashev. (BR 283601)
· Fix crash on startup related to ContextView. (BR 258741)
· Fix dragging of "No Labels" and "Various Artists" collection tree items.
· Don't add duplicates to playlist when dragging from collection. (BR 254411)
· Fix crash related to DAAP collection. (BR 280774)
· Fix crash on startup related to Audio CD collection. (BR 256585)
· When turning dynamic playlist on, immediately populate playlist and clear any possible playlist sorting. (BR 220558)
· Fix transcoding with ffmpeg >= 0.10; patch by Julian Simioni.
· Fix crash on start when Qt is build with debugging assertions. (BR 285720)
· Fix URLs in MP3tunes, gpodder.net and Last.fm config dialogs. (BR 299088)
· Fix drag & drop in playlist layout editor, filename layout editor and filter editor for non-english locales. (BR 215402)
· Fix bug where MySQL password could not be set to 'password'; patch by Lachlan Dufton. (BR 272346)
· Detection and elimination of stale and orphaned iPod tracks now works correctly; users are notified about these when iPod is plugged in.
· iPod playlists now work correctly. (BR 289304)
· Show correct error when transferring unsupported files to iPod. (BR 234876)
· Fix m4a tracks transferred as mp4 videos to iPods. (BR 268238)
· Combination of double click and context menu actions caused multiple delete of downloaded podcast actions, etc. (BR 297092)
· Prevent merging tracks with same title but different track (disc) numbers; patch by Alexey Neyman.
· Prevent crash on very quick drag and release of tracks. (BR 295275)
· Prevent occasional tag corruption on multi-byte UTF8 characters in tags.
· Do not double-transcode tracks when importing from an audio CD. (BR 263775)
· Fix resulting filetype when copying a track from Jamendo. (BR 296000)
· Playlists with a dot in name can now be saved to Playlist Files on Disk. (BR 290318)
· iPod playlists now appear even when plugged in while Amarok is running. (BR 289303)
· Show in Media Sources actions no longer reset the collection sorting to artist/album. (BR 231858)
· Don't mark audio-CD tracks as unplayable (greyed out). (BR 285885)
· Don't misbehave when track is dropped directly to saved playlist. (BR 293295)
· Don't report collection of USB Mass Storage tracks as None.
· When adding, changing and removing tracks in USB Mass Storage collection, actually update the user interface to show it.
· Remove empty folders when deleting tracks from USB Mass Storage collection.
· Don't copy tracks to USB Mass Storage collection in move operation.
· Fix defunct aborting of transfers to USB Mass Storage collection. (BR 290448)
· Allow ripping of CD tracks with special characters in name tranks to BjÃ¶rn Steinbrink. (BR 224437)
· Don't allow tracks to be dropped to their own collection and to non-writable collections; indicate the fact visually. (BR 291068)
· Fix scrollarea following keyboard navigation. (BR 259791)
· Fix crash when trying to save custom equalizer presets. (BR 286227)
· Fix crash due to my silly method order error. (BR 291968)
· Fix favored random track playing picking recent played songs (BR 244442)
· Fix crashes with Bookmarks (BR 283753) thanks to Charles Reiss
· Fix memory leaks in USB Mass Storage collection where track objects were never freed due to circular references.
· Fix rare APG solver crash. (BR 290533)
· Compilations are handled more consistently on iPods. (BR 232072)
· MPRIS2 compliance: don't use track ids that start with /org/mpris/
· MPRIS2: be better about emitting the Seeked signal
· MPRIS2: fix the mpris:artUrl metadata property
· MPRIS2: make sure that the Seeked signal is sent out when the track time moves backwards (eg: when the track changes)
August 1st, 2011
· Fix KWallet auth requests on every track change. (BR 278177)
· Display correct values for pretty times (playlist length) longer than 1 day.
· Update playlist length correctly after removing track. (BR 273407)
· Fix seek backward from dbus. (Thanks to Matthieu Bedouet) (BR 263287)
· Prevent dialog querying last.fm settings being displayed on startup if none set.
· Fix detection of smartphones in USB storage mode. (BR 277685)
· Fix crashes on expanding a newly cloned dynamic playlist (BR 277750)
· Don't block the UI while calculating the filename previews. (BR 233196)
· Make M3U and PLS playlist files editable from Saved Playlists. (BR 245963)
July 11th, 2011
· Drag and drop on Collections, to copy or move within Local Music, and also directly from the Playlist. We also got patches for various bugs and wishes: one can now configure the names of Podcast episodes, thanks to Sandeep Raghuraman, and automatic scrolling in the Lyrics applet is possible, thanks to Jan Gerrit Marker. Good news for classical music listeners, you now have the option to scrobble the composer as artist in Last.fm, thanks to Nicholas Wilson.
· We also have an updated dynamic playlist which should be easier to understand. Some of the functionality changes are: New AlbumPlay example playlist, a Quiz-play bias that will pick a song that starts with the same character the last one ended with, preventing duplicate tracks.
· And of course we have quite a few bug-fixes, and changes under the skin.
May 9th, 2011Features:
· Remote NFS & SMB/CIFS collections now work! (BR 249760, BR 232976, BR 171213, BR 187692)
· New "Preview" feature for the Organize Collection dialog. Patch by Maximilian Güntner .
· String filtering in the albums applet.
· Ability to change text alignment in the lyrics applet.
· gpodder.net Service, a Podcast Directory displaying the most used Tags from gpodder.net & the top Podcasts of these Tags
· The podcast directory service is now based on incremental parsing of OPML without caching in the database.
· Plugins can now be optionally enabled in the config dialog.
· Script selector is moved from the menubar to the config dialog.
· Now all changes to Preset Formats in Organize Collection dialog get saved on close, doesn't matter If dialog was accepted or rejected.
· Added "Update Preset" button to Organize Collection dialog, which updates currently choosen scheme.
· Renewed FilterEditor dialog.
· Changed tokens syntax in FileNameLayoutDialog (TagGuesser, OrginizeCollection dialogs) now tokens wrapped in percent signs (%token% instead of %token).
· Added ability to guess tags from whole track path. (TagGuesser dialog)
· Use KDirWatch to watch changes to collection.
· Do always store track rating as tags in files. Patch by Alan Ezusti . (BR 259117)
· Added missing tooltip for animation settings. Patch by Bhargav Mangipudi . (BR 248690)
· Fixed crash on saving playlist on ineligible device. (BR 266899)
· Fixed Photos applet crash on track metadata change. (BR 265395)
· Fixed crash on local collection search. (BR 270949)
· Fixed crash during iPod track removal. (BR 253088)
· Relative paths support for XSPF playlists. (BR 264147)
· Fixed incorrect handling of "Various Artists" node by Collection Browser, now selection of this node returns "Various Artists" tracks instead of whole collection. (BR: 263255, BR: 269717)
· Fixed song scrobbling if It was paused. (BR 267477)
· Screen escape characters in MusicBrainz request string. (BR 269455)
· Fixed detection of iPod devices.
· Fixed crash when the lyrics applet was removed and re-added while a track was playing and the user pressed "ESC".
· Fixed cached lyrics were not displayed if no lyrics script was running.
· Fixed lyrics changes in the TagDialog were not "synchronized" to the lyrics applet.
· Fixed reporting of playback status for MPRIS (both versions). (BR 268282)
· Fixed translation issue in MagnatuneSignupDialog. Patch by Burkhard Lueck (firstname.lastname@example.org) (BR: 239019)
· Fixed crash on loading unsupported format playlist. (BR: 265378)
· Ask delete confirmation for all contents of folder at once instead of each individually. Affects "Saved Playlists" and "Podcasts" (BR 246117)
· Fixed unreadable text in lyrics applet in kde 4.6. (BR 265311)
· Fixed tag dialog crash when sorting by genre and then changing tags.
· Fixed track's statistics update in case of StopAfterCurrent playback mode (prevent double statistics change). (BR 265654)
· Delete .mood files when tracks got removed from collection via Collection view context menu, and move them to new destination during Organize Collection process. (BR 261629)
· Fixed "Configure Amarok..." disappearing in tray menu. (BR 258226)
· Fixed crash when quitting Amarok. (BR 253676, BR 257407)
· Fixed empty folders removal after collection organization. (BR 190881)
· Fixed crash when trying to load cover for track/album without artist. (BR 263256)
· Fixed linking on Solaris 11 (and others?). (BR 264112)
· Fixed temporary podcast download filenames that were to long by using MD5 hash instead. Thanks to Frank Steinmetzger for the patch. (BR 264813)
· Fixed issue with absentee toolbar on clear run (without config files). (BR 259615)
· Fixed CD copying functionality. (BR 264050)
· Fixed CUE tracks playback order. (BR 263237)
· Prevent crash on exit when using Phonon-VLC.
· Fixed crash in the queue editor when trying to show already removed items of the playlist. (BR 263308)
· Fixed Mute button. (BR 253098)
· Fixed issue with Organize collection, which made amarok remove newly copied tracks. (BR 263301)
· Fixed wrong "Configure amarok" action position in tray icon popup menu. (BR 263330)
· Fixed minor inconsistency in the Collection view. Patch by Bhargav Mangipudi . (BR 260973)
· Fixed potential crash with the Similar Artists applet. Thanks to Tuomas Nurmi for the patch. (BR 263145)
· Fixed 'Scale Font' option in OSD options for OSD preview widget. (BR 254029)
· Fixed issue with playlist tooltips that was shown independetly from "Show tooltip" option. (BR 263121)
· Fixed issues with multifiles cuesheet, when all tracks get metadata of last track in cuesheet, and each file defined in sheet gets all tracks of this sheet. (BR 262668) (BR 209341)
· Fixed crash when trying to download a full size cover and the server redirects the request. (BR 262902)
· Fixed issue when breadcrumbs stayed not updated after service insert/remove. (BR 262780)
· Fixed issue with TagDialog that make metadata fields stay editable if multiple streams opened. (BR 177400)
· Fixed missing equals-sign ('=') in filter string of bookmarks. (BR 245759)
January 17th, 2011
· The ability to use iPod Touch 3G and possibly newer devices.
· Transcoding: Now Amarok allows you to convert tracks from one file format to another when copying from the file browser to the local collection. We will expand this to media devices in future releases.
· A new applet that fetches guitar and bass tab information for all your string instrument needs.
· OPML export for Podcast subscriptions.
· A map and calendar view for the upcoming events applet
· Support for UPnP (Universal Plug and Play) collections, you can now listen to music from UPnP servers on the local network.
August 19th, 2010Features:
· Podcasts can now be filtered on provider and grouped in folders. (BR 219519)
· Amarok 1.4 Database Importer: added support for importing labels. Thanks to Matěj Laitl for the patch. (BR 218996)
· Shortcuts: Added "Replay current track" shortcut. (BR 217081)
· Edit filter dialog: added "added" and "last played" date filters.
· File browser: added forward and back buttons for accessing navigate history.
· Organize Dialog: added a way to save multiple file formats as presets. (BR 122672)
· Filtering: added default presets to the drop down menu of the collection search widget.
· Filtering: track format can now be used as filter keyword in the collection browser, e.g. "format:flac".
Filtering: track file size can now be used as filter keyword in the collection browser, e.g. "filesize:
April 20th, 2010Features:
· Persistant Queue Saving: The playlist queue is now saved when Amarok is closed and restored upon startup. (BR 215057)
· Automated Playlist Generator: allows smart creation of playlists that match user-specified constraints. Combines the features of "Smart Playlists" in Amarok 1.4 with the Bias system of Amarok 2.0.
· It's now possible to mark all episodes in a channel as old or new at once.
· New "Upcoming Events" applet, displays future concerts for the artist of the currently playing track. The event info is fetched from Last.fm.
· New "Similar Artists" applet, displays a list of artists which are similar to the one currently played. The list is fetched from Last.fm.
· The scripting system now offers a new function for detecting that a track has finished. Patch by Michael MacDonald. (BR 227312)
· New "CoverBling" applet, which allows to browse your collection in an animated 3D view. Thanks to Manu Wagner.
· Support for the new System Tray technology from KDE SC 4.4. This adds nice animations and a better looking popup menu to the System Tray. Thanks to Aurelien Gateau for the patch.
· Allow playlist layouts to group tracks by directory. (BR 230594)
· Cover fetcher: The UI was improved. Now an icon view is used to display results, with an informational sidebar that may show interesting bits about an image.
· Cover fetcher: Added ability to enter custom queries via Yahoo!, Google, or Discogs (in addition to Lasf.Fm). Note the source for automatic cover fetching is still Last.fm only.
· Allow changing the number of recently added albums in the albums applet.
· Magnatune.com store: Added "Home" link to all artist and album pages leading to the Magnatune.com front page.
· Magnatune.com store: Improved Magnatune.com front page.
· Magnatune.com store: Completely remove option to purhcase single albums as this is no longer supported by Magnatune.com and the API for doing so will be disabled in the future.
· The new file browser now supports "places".
· Added "up" and "home" buttons to the new filebrowser.
· Items in the breadcrumb navigation bar are now hidden if there is not enough room to show all of them (similar to how it works in Dolphin) (BR 231497)
· Improved performance (dramatic in some cases) when filtering the Playlist (231185).
· Remove information that is already displayed elsewhere in the playlist from the playlist tooltips.
· Make showing the playlist tooltips a per playlist layout option.
· When bookmarking a view in the local collection, also store (and restore) the setings for "Show Cover Art" and "Show Years". (BR 230562)
· Allow moodbar files witout the leading '.' (both .< trackfilename >.mood and < trackfilename >.mood now work)
· Change example SQL command for setting up an external database to remove (sometimes incorrect) host name and possibly fix some random regression in some MySQL versions. (BR 225052)
· Fixed Youtube videoclip broken engine due to their recent change.
· Fixed Wikipedia no loading the css on KDE 4.4 (due to a regression in Qt 4.6.) (BR 222875)
· Settings dialog could become too wide with translations. (BR 233752)
· Fixed re-mounting iPhoneOS devices after having been unplugged without being unmounted. Thanks to Jeffrey Dodge < email@example.com>. (BR 233305)
· Fixed connection to iPod Touch devices. Patch by Jeffrey Dodge. (BR 233257)
· Fixed the deletion of empty directories after deleting, or organizing. (BR 190881)
· Fixed a hang that would occur when organizing a track and the source file was the same as the destination file. (BR 233181)
· Fixed the double delete confirmation dialog when organizing tracks. (BR 233200)
· Fixed broken rendering of ratings in Current Track applet on startup.
· Fixed command type names shown in the Bookmark Manager not being translated. (BR 226829)
· Fixed crash on startup for users of MySQL 5.5. Thanks to Bartosz Fabianowski for figuring it out. (BR 231166)
· Readded missing hover info for the new filebrowser.
· Fixed missing images in the hover info shown for various browser categories.
· Fixed crash when running some Amarok urls on startup. (such as when passed on the command line or cliked in another app) (BR 231626)
· Fixed crashes when Amarok is started and the Info applet is loaded with certain version of Qt. (BR 227639) (BR 229756)
· Fixed organize collection dialog deleting tracks at new location instead of old. (BR 217002)
· Fixed a broken podcast feed that had a minor compliance issue in date format. (BR 231062)
· Fixed "files" bookmarks not storing the actual path shown in the file browser (BR 231437)
· Fixed incorrectly displayed cover images for albums with the same name, e.g. "Greatest Hits". (BR 170146)
· Fixed problems with new Main Toolbar and SHOUTcast streams: Since these streams cannot be paused, we detect this now and stop them instead.
· Fixed permission errors with each file copied to an iPhone via iFuse. Thanks to Colin Guthrie for the patch. (BR 231021)
· Fixed issues with using random navigators while filetering or searching the Playlist. (BR 229226) (BR 222129)
· Fixed crash related to the new playlist tooltips. (BR 229696)
· Fixed some artist/album/track names not getting shown or getting shown incorrectly in the Current Track applet because of html encoding. (BR 222765)
· Fixed issue with the Albums applet not correctly updating when playing a track by an artist not present in the local collection.
· Fixed Albums applet not getting updated if the artist of the currently playing track was edited. (BR 210296)
· Fixed bad window title for the details edit dialog in the playlist layout editor. (BR 227912)
· Fixed wrong track getting dragged from the Playlist when sorting and/or filtering is active. (BR 226503)
· Fixed visual indication for "Stop After This Track" not getting shown immediately when using the global shortcut. (BR 230569)
· Cover fetcher: Fixed a crash involving reappearing cover found dialogs and pending cover fetches. (BR 230215)
· Display tooltips with applet names in the context toolbar. (BR 230736)
· File browser: "Add to Playlist" doesn't add playlist files to the playlist. (BR 229290)
March 16th, 2010
· It contains many improvements and bugfixes over Amarok 2.2.2 as well as many new features. Areas such as podcast support and saved playlists have seen huge improvements, as has the support for USB mass storage devices (including generic MP3 players).
· With large parts of Amarok 2 becoming quite mature, it was also time to start looking forward again. Therefore, this release also contains a number of new features of a slightly more experimental nature. These include a new main toolbar and a rewritten and much simpler file browser. These parts are brand new and based on user feedback, and they will change and improve over the next few releases. The old slim toolbar is still available should you prefer that, but we encourage you to try out the new toolbar and tell us what you think. The file browser's look and feel now aligns more closely with the rest of Amarok with improvements such as breadcrumb navigation, and it is now focused on being a way to find and play music instead of being a multi-purpose file manager.
· The context menu of tracks in your playlist now offers a "show in media sources" option, making it easier to find the same track again in the collection browser for editing, moving or deleting the file.
· Podcasts have received a configuration dialog allowing you to change the update interval as well as the location to store new downloaded episodes. Podcasts and saved playlists are now also grouped by source, and a merged view is available just like in your local collection - perfect for those that don't care where their music is coming from but simply want to listen to it. Now, when a new source of playlists or podcasts becomes available, Amarok will switch off merged view and show a collapsible list of your new listening sources.
· The Wikipedia applet now looks better and links have been fixed. Internal links to other pages on Wikipedia will display in the applet, and external links open a browser window.
· In short, Team Amarok has been focusing hard on furthering our long-term goal: making Amarok the best tool for immersing yourself in music, no matter where it comes from.
January 12th, 2010
· The inline playlist editor now also allows resizing of auto sized items that are invisible because fixed sized items already use up 100% width.
· Enhanced the playlist sorting breadcrumb items to separately highlight the order inversion arrow on hover. (BR 209011)
· The automatic character set detection for tags has been disabled; it caused too many problems with legitimate UTF-8 tags. It can be re-enabled from Settings->Collection. (Many BRs)
· Dynamic mode is now automatically disabled when replacing the playlist. (BR 214759)
· The collection search filter now also searches for file names as a fallback. Patch by Andreas Hartmetz .
· Fixed crash with dangling pointer on trying to play a media device track whose collection no longer exists. (BR 210477)
· Fixed loading MusicBrainz-tagged tracks in dynamic playlists. (BR 219902)
· Fixed MusicBrainz-tagged tracks not being restored in the playlist upon restart.
· Fixed incorrect display of rich text in applet header text. (BR 220714)
· Fixed GUI freezing after mounting and during parse of media devices. (BR 180520)
· Fixed occasional crash when custom biases go awry. (BR 219888)
· Fixed missing icons in the drag overlay menu.
· More reliable MimeType detection for music formats. Patch by Rafał Rzepecki . (BR 219792)
· Fixed regression causing many scripted services, including the, shipped by default, LibriVox service to not work at all.
· Fixed corner case that could prevent scans from being completed, manifesting as a regression in 2.2.1. Huge thanks to Christian Kreibichfor his patience and time in helping to debug this.
· Fixed removing multiple tracks from a saved playlist only removing the first track. (BR 218527)
· Fixed cancel button not responding when loading thumbnails in the cover manager. (BR 204882)
· Fixed crash when using the inline playlist editor to resize items containing auto sized elements not shown becuase of all space already being used. (BR 218167)
· Fixed relative links in wikipedia work. (BR 218512)
· Fixed multilevel playlist sorting by time since last played so it sorts numerically rather than alphabetically. (BR 214761)
· Fixed crash with "Edit Track Details" dialog. (BR 217625)
· Fixed a number of cases where markers such as "current track", "stop after this track" and others would get shown in both group header and the first track in the group. (BR 197842)
· Fixed regression causing non default moodbar styles to not work.
· Jamendo.com service: Fixed track lengths not getting shown for most tracks. For existing installs, this requires a redownload of the Jamendo database. (BR 200531)
· Jamendo.com service: Fixed searches not working because of SQL errors.
· Jamendo.com service: Removed broken "Unknown" genre which would freeze Amarok if expanded. For existing installs, this requires a redownload of the Jamendo database. (BR 213165)
· Playback of Audio CD track now correctly stops if track is the last in the playlist. (BR 216175)
· Fixed crash if user clicks rating widget on the current track applet while no track is playing (which is possible since there is a slight delay before the applet switches "mode"). (BR 215471)
· Made "Last.fm Love" (and potentially other global actions avaiable for all tracks) correctly show up in the Current Track applet.
October 1st, 2009
· Few things in life can influence us quite the way music can. Music can set a mood, make us relax or feel energized, and for many people there is that special song that is forever connected with a significant moment in their life. And great music needs a great player! With Amarok 2.2, codenamed "Sunjammer", the Amarok team is very proud to present the next step towards the ultimate music player!
· Many weeks have passed since our last version, and so many changes and improvements have found their way into version 2.2. Over all, the team is quite proud of all the improvements and was lucky to be able to plan and coordinate those in two developer sprints, one in Berlin and one during the Gran Canaria Desktop Summit, made possible by your support for Amarok and KDE. To put this into perspective: In the last three and a half months we closed 654 bugs, made close to 2200 commits to the code, of which more than a hundred were made in the first 24 hours after the release of version 2.1.1. The code statistics show that we changed a total of 1935 files, wrote 101693 new lines, and removed 73774 obsolete lines of code.
· Amarok 2.2 comes with an almost completely new look and feel. It now has a new layout for the Browser Pane on the left and an easier navigation using "bread crumbs" on top. All elements, the Browser Pane, Context View and the Playlist are dockable widgets, which you can place how and where you like. It is even possible to stack or remove them. Of course it's up to you to change the position, width and height to your liking.
· The Playlist has seen a complete overhaul and comes with many new features, allowing you to sort and shuffle the content. A layout editor comes with three different pre-configured layouts and allows you to build your own preferred layout you can save. This way you can have the playlist only contain the information that is important to you. Clicking on a track twice allows you to edit the content in-line in the playlist for quick tag corrections and song ratings.
· Playing an opera where you would like to find a particular passage easily? Do you have tracks with a lot of silence before a hidden song that you would like hear with a simple click? Just add bookmarks. Listening to audiobooks and podcasts is made so much easier with bookmarks too, since you can group and edit them with the bookmark manager!
· The Context View has seen layout improvements as well. It comes with automatic resizing for the applets and you can place them where you would like to have them. A new photo applet shows you pictures of the artist and a video applet finds contextual videos for the now playing artist. The Wikipedia applet has been extended to allow you to change the language of the content, based on the system languages installed, and you can show information either for the artist, the album or the track you are listening to.
· The collection has seen a lot of changes and bug fixes: Scanning has improved and is now much faster and more accurate, the import of the Amarok 1.4 database has been improved and you can use an external MySQL database now, too. Insert an Audio CD and it will show up in the Collection Browser, allowing you to play directly from the CD or to copy the CD content to your collection. The same applies to media devices: UMS devices show up in the Collection browser, as do various other media players.
· Dynamic Playlists have the new possibility to use Biases based on Last.fm and Echonest. Don't know what to listen to? Let Amarok decide with the help of Last.fm and Echo Nest.
· Amarok 2.2 marks the start of a series of 2.2.x releases that will focus on improving what is there rather than adding major new features. A new release will follow approximately every 6 weeks and bring with it bugfixes and improvements, as well as a few new features. So look forward to more regular Amarok updates in the near future.
September 4th, 2009
· Allow pasting an URL from clipboard to playlist with middle mouse click. Patch by Felix Geyer .
· Support for copying aiff files to iPods. (BR 200820)
· Add openDesktop.org support to the About dialog to make it easier to interact with the Amarok team.
· Add inline editing of track metadata in the playlist.
· The Playlist supports different grouping modes.
· The playlist can be partly or fully randomized (shuffled) by selecting "random" as a sorting level.
· Info about the categories in the "Browsers" area is now shown in the info applet on mouse over.
· Magnatune.com store: Add support for the personal recommendations feature available to Magnatune.com members.
· Magnatune.com store: Add support for the membership "favorites" feature. Albums can now be marked as favorites using a context menu action, and the list of favorite albums is available in the info applet. From here clicking links can add albums to the playlist, navigate to the artist or album in the browser, remove an album from favorites and (for download members) start a download.
· Add a dbus ShowOSD method to /Player. (BR 213532)
· Playlist layouts can now show simple inline playback controls and a progress bar for the currently active track. This can be enabled on a per layout basis in the playlist layout manager dialog.
· Show position in track of the mouse (the position in the track that playback will jump to if pressing the mouse) when hovering over the progress bar.
· Amarok File Tracking can now use MusicBrainz track identifiers as embedded IDs.
· Allow sorting in the bookmark manager.
· Allow filtering in the bookmark manager.
· Add colums to the bookmark manger and make it possible to edit items inline.
· Add a small bookmark menu to the browser breadcrumb bar allowing for navigation to a bookmark, as well as creating a new bookmark based on the current "view" or calling up the bookmark manager.
· Magnatune.com store: Allow re-downloads of any previous Magnatune.com purchases by a given email, not just purchases made from a specific installation of Amarok.
· Inline editing of lyrics from the context applet. (BR 201342)
· Ipod initialization support when failed to read an iPod database.
· Improvements to the "Show Cover" dialog. Resizes to match the image, auto centers on screen, correctly handles images too large for the screen and supports zooming using the mouse wheel. Patch thanks to Pascal Pollet (BR 175901)
· Automatically expand collection browser search results and make the results keyboard accessible. Patch thanks to Tuomas Nurmi . (BR 172379)
· Audio CD support. Audio CDs now show up as a separate collection and tracks from the CD can be freely mixed with any other tracks in the playlist. Using the "Copy to Collection" menu its possible to copy (rip) tracks directly to the local (or any other writable) collection.
· Sortable playlist. The playlist can now be hierarchical sorted using a breadcrumb like interface to select sorting levels. Sorting can be easily reverted.
· Improved media device support.
· Video applet to show videos from YouTube, Dailymotion and Vimeo. The video can be appended to the playlist, and rendered within the applet.
· Photo applet to show images from Flickr, with customizable animations.
· Customizable user interface using dock widgets.
· Support for external MySQL database. See http://amarok.kde.org/wiki/MySQL_Server.
· GHNS integration for downloading and installing Context applets.
· Support for Context applets to be written in QtScript.
· Custom Dynamic Playlists using Last.fm.
· Drag and Drop support for album cover image. (BR 91261)
· Upcoming and previous tracks count for dynamic playlist is now configurable. (BR 177540)
· Imported playlists can be directly edited from within the "Saved Playlists" category. The files on disk will be changed as well.
· Hueristics when deciding which album to use in a directory. See comments in (BR 196559)
· The "Service Info" applet is now simply called "Info" to reflect that it now shows info from other parts of Amarok as well.
· Remove the bookmark manager context applet and add a bookmark manager dialog instead.
· Magnatune.com store: Add a link to purchase gift cards to the purchase dialog.
· Reset playlist filter when using the "replace playlist" action. Patch by John Atkinson (BR 200709)
· Track lyrics are exposed through the DBUS interface.
· The database connection and tables now enforce UTF-8 for the character set and collation.
· The OSD registers itself as a notification window type on relevant platforms. Patch thanks to Danny Baumann . (BR 194517)
· Improvements to the Wikipedia applet. History, language settings and more.
· Improvements to the Current applet. Text slides on mouse hover.
· New navigation style in the browser sidebar.
· Improvements to the Albums applet. Show individual track times and highlight currently playing artist within compilation albums
· Removed PlayAudioCD from the scripting interface. It never worked anyway, and audio CDs are just treated as a collection and not a special case like they were in 1.4.
· Changed trackInserted and trackRemoved API signals. (BR 194220)
· Improved Amarok 1.4 import. Patch thanks to Michael Reiher .
· Improved performance and decreased memory usage when loading music shares (DAAP collections). Patch thanks to Duns . (BR 173048)
· Changing Amarok's settings no longer removes album covers from playlist. (BR 202258)
· Fixed crash on startup if another Amarok instance was still loading. (BR 202713)
· Fixed some album art in a folder not getting picked up if a subfolder contained any files. (BR 167158)
· Fixed broken selection in the "Saved Playlists" category.
· Fixed wrong Random Album mode behavior when playlists contains only one album. (BR 194066)
· Fixed double playcount increase for last track in queue (BR 188330)
· Fixed track drag-and-drop problem when special characters are present in file path. (BR 193878)
· Don't crash when trying to load an empty playlist folder. (BR 202643)
· Make using the mouse wheel over the progress slider correctly navigate in the currently playing track. (BR 195913)
· Correctly strip all formatting from text pasted or dragged to the comment field in the tag edit dialog. (BR 188270)
· Fix incorrect "current item" after deleting track(s) from the playlist causing up and down buttons to not move selection to the expected row. (BR 197203)
· Jamendo service: Fix destination filenames when using "copy to collection". (BR 171839)
· Jamendo service: Make torrent downloads work again. (BR 198200)
· Remove the video stream from the context view when removing the video applet during stream playback. (BR 201281)
· Fixed locales for Amazon cover fetching. (BR 188446)
· Fix crash on trying to edit a playlist layout with an invalid element value in the xml file. (BR 197128)
· Fix DBUS xml parsing. Patch thanks to Ryan Bitanga .
· Fix data caching issues causing incorrect values to be stored in the database and in some cases to be written to tags. Fixes multiple bugs.
· Correctly enable/disable "Prefer Tracks" menu entry. Patch thanks to Ralf Jung . (BR 191059)
· Do not show " " at the end of each filter value in the LibriVox service. (BR 190704)
· Cached lyrics will now be shown when offline. (BR 197589)
· Fixed pressing play after reaching the end of the playlist not starting the playlist from the top (or wherever the navigator thinks it should start. (BR 176445)
· Fixed local playlists being renamed to blank when user hits cancel
· Fixed giant Edit Filter dialog with some translations. (BR 197566)
· Files browser remembers its view mode. (BR 197122)
· Fixed non-Latin UTF-8 encoding tags not being correctly decoded.
June 18th, 2009Features:
· Compilations with more than 60 artists are supported.
· Option to hide the context view.
· Applets are now laid out according to two criteria: either fixed height or flowing to fill the CV. No more slivers of applets visible at the bottom.
· Load contents of an m3u file if specified when running amarok from the command line. File must be local.
· Added large source emblem in current track applet.
· Removed option to purchase Magnatune.com albums using a Credit Card as this is unfortunately no longer supported by Magnatune.com. It is still possible to purchase albums using pre paid gift card codes, and all membership features still work.
· Make it possible to delete multiple selected playlists at once from the "My Playlists" category in the playlist browser.
· Show info box in CV if no applets are visible.
· Don't hide the "On/Off" button for Dynamic Playlists if the window is not tall enough. (BR 195886)
· Make it possible to change the width of a playlist layout element if the combined width of items in the row exceeds 100% (BR 195846)
· Keep width slider and width display from overlapping when setting attributes on a playlist layout element.
· Don't overwrite cached lyrics when lyrics script returns a "Not found" result. (BR 195213)
· Fixed the layout of the "Edit Track Details" dialog, which came up broken under some circumstances. (BR 195081)
· Reset total playlist time when the playlist is cleared. (BR 153160)
· Don't crash when starting a collection scan after another scan had been aborted. (BR 195242)
· Fixed non-UTF8 MPEG tag wrongly shown.
· Fix problem with supported filetypes not being copied over to MTP device (BR 186835)
· Fix problem with playlist names containing '/' not being saved (BR 975995)
· Allow cancelling of rename input box in playlist layout dialog (BR 976409)
· Loading playlists from the command line works again. (BR 191347)
· Fixed formatting of the debug output when using the -d option.
· Detection of compilation cover during the scan works again. (BR 172953)
June 4th, 2009Playlist Improvements:
· The playlist in Amarok 2.1 has undergone many improvements since the last release. You can now search and filter its content and queue tracks as well as tell Amarok to stop playing after a certain track. The biggest change however is the new playlist layout editor. It lets you make the playlist look the way you like it. Covers, ratings, genres or just a simple track name? It's up to you! It comes with a few layouts predefined and leaves the rest for your creativity!
· The improved Context View comes with a new layout and makes better use of free space. Applet management has been improved and applets follow your KDE color scheme. Instead of using multiple pages with applets, new Context View displays them in one vertical column which can be reorganized with a handy widget at the bottom.
· Bookmarking is finally here! Bookmarking comes in two types, automatic and manual. When you are listening to a long podcast, audiobook (or any other track longer than 10 minutes) Amarok will automatically mark the last listened to position and auto resume playback when you return to the track. You can also manually bookmark a position in any track to save for later.
· Amarok URLs allow you to create a link to a certain place in Amarok. For example, you could make an URL to a great song you found on Jamendo and send it to your friend. Her Amarok will open the Jamendo service and the song you found. Stumbled upon an exceptional audio book on LibriVox? Create a link and send it to your family. In this release we are just starting to explore what is possible using these URLs, so expect to see many interesting features based on this in the future.
· The Last.fm service received an interface update and now allows you to play any tag, user, or artist radio. We have also added an option to mark songs in your local collection as loved. Now you can show how much love you have, even for local tracks.
· Amarok now supports ReplayGain natively. When it is enabled Amarok equalizes the volume of songs with ReplayGain tags to avoid big unexpected volume changes between songs. It currently requires the GStreamer Phonon backend.
· Headers in the collection browser now have a much cleaner, more distinctive look.
· Album cover support for iPods has been added and many bugs have been fixed.
· Thanks to the sleepless nights of many Amarok developers, identifying albums as compilations (aka "Various Artists") now works more reliably :)
· There's no need to leave Amarok in order to change the system-wide sound settings anymore. The Phonon configuration can now be opened from Amarok's preference dialog. This is especially handy when using Amarok in other desktop environments and operating systems.
April 10th, 2009Features:
· The collection scanner is now able to be run in batch mode, allowing for automated scans of both full and incremental types. In addition, all graphical dependencies have been removed, allowing for headless, remote runs of collection scans. A wiki page detailing how to do this will be made available shortly.
· Covers are shown and written for iPod collections.
· Phonon multimedia system can be configured directly from Amarok.
· Cover art can now be disabled in the collection browser.
· Scrobble tracks from streams that have title and artist metadata
· Add support for showing a stream with multiple alternative servers as a single item in the playlist and add GUI for manually selecting prefered source.
· Ampache service: Add support for Ampache 3.4.4 and 3.5.x.
· Auto timecoding (position bookmarking) now exists for tracks with length greater than 10 minutes. (BR 148740)
· Add a animated "loading..." screen when dynamically fetching info about an item to show in the service info applet.
· Deleting tracks from the local collection is now possible. (BR 170999)
Add a filter-by-date-added to the collection browser. Use added:"today" or added:
March 5th, 2009Changes:
· Show a statusbar message when loving a lastfm track.
· Show error message when Wikipedia information cannot be retrieved.
· Fix showing of book information from the LibriVox service.
· Don't crash if a script has uncaught exceptions.
· Open ogg files in Amarok when using Dolphin and other file managers. Patch thanks to Lubos Lunak . (BR 180155)
· Fix podcast episodes not ordered right because of incorrect parsing of pubdate. (BR 181338)
· Fix crash in tagdialog when editing tracks without an artist. (BR 183180)
· Statistics were not calculated properly in all instances. (BR 182025)
· Compilation fixes on Open Solaris.
· Trim URL before adding a new podcast.
· Add Ok button to the podcast configuration dialog to improve usability. (BR 181339)
· Add tooltips to now playing widget icons.
· Fix not possible to download episodes from newly added podcast channel. (BR 180851)
January 7th, 2009FEATURES:
· Add advanced, configurable, searching and filtering to the playlist.
· Add "Stop after track" option to the playlist menu.
· Queue track functionality has returned. (BR 171939)
· Growl support on OS X.
· Add automatic recovery option to MySQL embedded server.
· Greatly improved Librivox.org service script. It now works for all books, and dynamically fetches a summary of each book that is shown in the service info applet. The script now also has a propper icon in the service browser and its own emblem and default "album" cover for books.
· Sorting collection by Composer is now possible. (BR 177271)
· Service scripts can now dynamically fetch context info when items are selected (info can still be applied statically to each item as well).
· Album items from a service script can now have custom covers.
· Items from a service script can now have a custom emblem.
· Service scripts can now set custom icons for the service browser.
· Add simple filtering to the service browser.
· Podcast channels are automatically refreshed once per hour if autoscan is enabled.
· MTP devices can now delete multiple tracks at once.
· Status bar notification on copying or deleting tracks on Ipod.
· Don't fold the Collection Browser after editing or updating the collection. (BR 166841)
· Replace the systray icon with a more modern logo.
· "Cool-Streams" radio service script is now enabled by default.
· Show more verbose output when copying tracks to the local collection.
· Custom Sorting in the Collection Browser has returned.
· Memory use optimizations.
· Playlist items now have tooltips. (BR 170844)
· The QtScript Qt binding generator has been updated to the latest. This should complete some features such as Model/View in the QtScript API and fix building with Qt 4.5. (BR 177863)
· The Files browser now remembers its settings, like the active directory. (BR 173742)
· Fix problems with the collection scanner often missing a part of the collection, or potentially failing altogether. (BR 176154)
· Fix Context View crash when quitting the application. (BR 179110)
· LibriVox: Don't crash when double clicking "Enter Query". (BR 177991)
· Files could be deleted when moving files to an unwritable destination. (BR 178701)
· Don't override cached lyrics when fetching. (BR 178196)
· Show a warning when the collection scanner dies. (BR 176154)
· Set date correctly on MTP devices. (BR 171194)
· Ipod ratings are read/written/displayed.
· Ipod playcounts are read and displayed on Current Track Info applet.
· Lastfm Settings Dialog can now check to ensure username/password is correct. (BR 144456)
· Don't delete files if an error occurs during transfer. (BR 178701)
· MPRIS GetMetadata() call returns arturl for last.fm streams. (BR 178695)
· Fix grouping of various artist albums in the playlist. (BR 175604)
· Update statistics properly on Windows and Mac versions.
· Fix progress indicator disapearing when skipping in last.fm streams.
· Write the discnumber field for mp3 tags.
· Don't start a fadeout when stopping paused media. (BR 178057)
· More accurate Amarok 1.4 database imports.
· Ipod tracks' sample rate is now shown correctly in Tag Dialog.
· Tracks did not always report that their editable status correctly. (BR 177058)
· Gapless playback of MTP tracks one after another now works.
· Podcast with some unsafe characters in them caused database corruption. (BR 172594)
· Amarok no longer stalls on large Ipod copy operations. (BR 173707)
· Fix switching between basic and advanced mode in the filename scheme chooser.
· Fix MTP device attached on startup crashing. (BR 177201)
· Tracks with same tags as a track on Ipod are no longer copied. (BR 177198)
· When reaching the end of the playlist, actually show stopped state. (BR 177782)
· Fixes in playing tracks in repeat modes.
· The wikipedia applet did not give a status update when an entry was not found. (BR 173940)
· Add tooltips to icons in context view. (BR 174478)
· Fix icons and layout in Advanced Filter dialog.
December 11th, 2008
· Completely redesigned user interface
· Tight integration with online services such as Magnatune, Jamendo, MP3tunes, Last.fm and Shoutcast
· Completely overhauled scripting API and plugin support to allow better integration into Amarok
· Migration from the KDE 3 to KDE 4 framework, and utilization of core technologies such as Solid, Phonon, and Plasma
November 24th, 2008
· Users' Recommended radio is now shown in the Last.Fm Service.
· Playlist browser items can be deleted and renamed using the keyboard.
· Basic and Advanced view when editing a filename scheme are synchronized.
· Added delete button to Advanced view for defining a filename scheme.
· Importer for iTunes libraries now allows you to import your statistics from iTunes.
· The settings dialog now remembers the page that was last used.
· Track information can be edited from the file browser.
In addition, there are the following changes:
· User playlists added from files are now updated on collection rescans, so any changes in the file is reflected in the SQL playlist.
· Layout refactoring in the Organize Collection dialog.
· Enabled Last.fm scrobbling by default when Last.fm login is supplied.
· "Show active track" has been moved from the playlist context menu to the playlist toolbar
· The video and Last.fm applet have been removed for now as they are not ready for final release. They will be readded in later releases.
November 5th, 2008
· playlist and statusbar recieved major attention
· database/statistics import from Amarok 1.4
· major overhaul of the Last.fm integration
· sorting by year and album in the Collection Browser is possible again (small, but often requested)
· shortcut to jump to current track in the playlist
· many, many bugs squashed and stability fixes