New in version 15.0June 30th, 2014
- aLinux 15.0 released, updates the graphical installer, dialogues, etc., easier to install. Same old system but with just enough updates to be 'usable'. KDE 3.5.10, X.Org 7.7, glibc 2.17, GCC 4.7.2, Linux kernel 220.127.116.11, Perl 5.16.2, Skype 18.104.22.168 (MSN and Windows Live support). Main web browser is Firefox 17.0.1. Distro is optimized for i686 now. Kopete has been removed and replaced with Pidgin messenger. It's still a distro aimed at computers from the past (mine included), so if you're looking for the latest bleeding edge, you won't find it here, but if you're looking for something a bit more complete from a past 'yesterday' operating system that still manages to work in 2013, this may suit you.
New in version 12.8 (February 17th, 2010)
- The API was changed by updating to glibc 2.4 and GCC 4.1.1.
- Other updates include KDE 3.5.3 and KOffice 1.5.2. Xorg was removed and replaced with XFree86 4.6.0.
- The Linux kernel version is 2.6.17 with IVTV.
- A MultiMedia desktop was added for high definition users.