August 6th, 2009
· When Zivios 0.5.1 was released, we were fairly confident that coming releases would follow quickly. However, because of a significant delay in releasing Zivios 0.6.0, a lot of planned functionality was put on the back burner. The OpenLDAP module for example badly needs to incorporate configuration and monitoring options. The Squid plugin had not been brought up to speed with the new communication model. Upgrading Zivios was a painful process, requiring users to be quite familiar with OpenLDAP configuration, Zivios schema definitions, and in some cases, getting their hands dirty by digging into the code.
· With the communication model “near” finalized (I say “near finalized” as standardization across all modules is still pending, as is a bootloader and resource manager for modules), we were able to concentrate on adding some much needed features to the 0.6.2 release.
June 3rd, 2009
· A completely new communications model
· Improved front-end and easier navigation
· Zivios packages for supported Linux systems
· Many many bug fixes and feature enhancements