December 5th, 2012
· Deskbar replaced by xfce4-panel ‘deskbar’ mode (old Deskbar still available via repository)
· new Ubuntu 12.10 base
· OpenShot 1.4.3 with Youtube Upload support and a lot more features
· Abiword 2.9.2 the current edge of development
· Audacity 2.0
· Claws-Mail 3.8.1
· Firefox 17
· Gimp 2.8
· Inkscape 0.48
· Thunar 1.5.3 – Finally with tab support and categorized side panel
· Updated Icon and GTK-Theme
May 3rd, 2011
· This release comes with a couple of changes and new features.
· We updated the Kernel to version 126.96.36.199 which comes with neat little features like better hardware support for wireless and the famous cgroups patch which brings more speed under heavy load. The underlying Debian Squeeze system was upgraded to Debian Testing (alias Wheezy) which will provide newer applications through the lifecycle of Neptune 1.9.9.
· KDE SC 4.6.2 makes it debut in ZevenOS-Neptune 1.9.9 with lots of updates and the typical Neptune look & feel and a new default font, the Ubuntu Font.
· For the sake of consistency we replaced Synaptic & Software Center with its KDE/QT based counterparts Muon & Kpackagekit.
· Libreoffice replaces OpenOffice.org and the contact management software people was upgraded to version 0.3 which brings better vcard support and a new layout.
· With Snapshot Manager we introduce a new cool feature which allows you to easily customize your live system and save the customization to a file that you can share with your friends & colleagues.
· The Harddisk Installer has been rewritten and allows you to install ZevenOS-Neptune 1.9.9 faster than ever.
November 15th, 2010
· This version is based on Ubuntu Maverick Meerkat (10.10) and has a bunch of new features and changes.
· The base system was updated to Kernel 2.6.35 which brings a bunch of new drivers. The biggest change here is the switch from the Nvidia OpenSource driver nv to nouveau. Besides that there are a lot of updated and refreshed wireless drivers on board.
· Besides that ZevenOS 3.0 also has a lot of new stuff in the Desktop area.
· Thunar has gained a new contextsensitive entry to convert images.
· The deskbar was updated to have a freedesktop.org compliant dynamic menu which is editable with standard tools just like alacarte. Besides that the deskbar gained a lot of contextual menus which allow you to have access to commonly used actions, like change time & date or mute the volume. The quicklaunch items now also have a context menu which allows you to quickly access files & folder bookmarks, webbrowser bookmarks mediaplayer actions and e-mail creation. The deskbar also gained a speed and ressource improvement.
· The Video encoding application Encode was updated to intelligently choose the right audio and video codec for the selected container format. Added was also the option for multithreading which will allow for great speed improvements on multicore CPUs.
· 2 Pass has been added aswell as the new WebM and MKV container format. With it comes also the support for VP8 Video encoding.
· To configure your system ZevenOS 3.0 now uses its MAGI tool to have a centralized global configuration tool . So MAGI 2 now is only an application launcher .
· Besides those improvements ZevenOS 3.0 also brings new default installed software for various tasks. The biggest changes are in the multimedia sector. Parole is now the default videoplayer and way faster than totem. Videoediting is now done with OpenShot which has a lot more features than avidemux. OpenShot allows you to create very easily good and professional looking videos.
· To manage music we included Deadbeef as an very fast and less ressource intensive application than Rhythmbox. It allows you to manage music, play it back and even has a build in equalizer with foobar2k support aswell as a plugin interface.
· When it comes to images and storing them we switched from the not so userfriendly Gthumb to Shotwell which offers a great user interface and easy image editing features .The Zeebar which was included from ZevenOS since version 1.0 was replaced by docky. Docky requires Compositing features which means we also developed an easy compositing manager which allows you to turn compositing on. Docky offers Drag’n Drop support aswell as theming support. ZevenOS 3.0 now also ships with a graphical proxy configuration tool.
· Firefox still is the default browser for surfing the net and Claws-Mail is still our default mail client. Abiword and Gnumeric take care of the office business you might have.If you don’t like our software choices you have the option to install your favorite tool or search for a new tool in the new Software-Center.
· ZevenOS 3.0 comes with a new Haiku-like Design with our slightly updated Icon-Theme. The desktop is based upon the newest XFCE 4.6.1 aswell as the windowmanager Sawfish which comes in the newest version 1.7.1.
· One of the main features for the third release is the updated ZevenOS Repository which allows you now to install the zevenos-desktop right from an already installed Ubuntu/Kubuntu/Xubuntu or Lubuntu. The upgrade from ZevenOS 2.0 to ZevenOS 3.0 is also supported.
February 28th, 2009
· It includes many new and updated features. We switched the base system to Ubuntu 8.10, including Linux kernel 2.6.27 and X.Org 7.4. That results in many new drivers and better netbook support. We updated our applications, MAGI 2 and Deskbar, to get a better user experience. Deskbar now includes a task switcher and MAGI 2 has MeCoI integrated. All in all, the system is much more reliable and still offers the best BeOS experience in the Linux world.
December 19th, 2008
· added new Dark Theme
· added Low Level Desktop (uses PCManFM and LXPanel instead of XfDesktop[Thunar] and Xfce-Panel)
· added new static deskbar menu
· added german translation for catfish
· bugfixed menu localization in Deskbar
· making JFS the default filesystem
· fixed permission errors after install in /etc/sudoers
· added SuM and BuM
· removed Streamtuner and Ristretto
· improved MAGI 2 visual appearance
· added advanced configuration in MAGI 2
· added Wmconfig (MAGI 2)
· added new Zeven (Zetaish) GTK-Theme
· added Darklooks GTK-Theme
· improved Peopleedit (mainly bugfixes)
· added 2 new Sawfish themes to fit the new Dark Look
· updated some icons
· cleaned up the menu
· updated YAVTD to use the newest clive (mp4 HQ Download)
· added zenity support in YAVTD (graphical progressbar instead of console output)
· fixed fonts in Fwizard
· fixed positioning of Deskbar after Screen resize
· fixed Time and Date functions in Deskbar
· fixed fonts in MAGI
· set Firefox as the default browser (removed epiphany-browser)
· added quodlibets-plugins (LastFM, CD,Lyrics ….)
· updated Deskbar visual appearance
· added 'Integrate to Panel' Mode into Deskbar
· updated Kernel to 2.6.24-19 (Ubuntu Hardy)
· updated DiskManager
· updated Usplash Bootscreen
· updated MAGI 2, usage of gnome-display properties as default
· updated Flash Plugin
· updated autostart system (adding or removing apps is now easy as pie)
· added graphical Proxy Configuration
· added scripts to switch between low and standard desktop
· added scripts to switch between light and dark theme
· updated cpufreq-gui to work with more then 1 CPU
· fixed pulse
· overall system clean up