October 23rd, 2012
· New xz compression squashfs 4.0 (now in vanilla kernel)
· All new simple Installer and Live-scripts
· On-the-fly optional live module activation during the running live session, thanks to aufs3 and my loader script
· Persistent changes feature is now supported, even over network shares!
· Besides standard Zenwalk package set, ZenLive provides some additional packages for more functionality
· Additional language packs & full Japanese language input support
· (should work for Korean and Chinese languages too)
· Fluxbox window manager and related apps now included in ZenLive ISO to provide an alternative to Xfce4
· nouveau driver included in kernel 3.2.5 is now enabled by default,
· providing a _good_ 3D acceleration performance and support for a wide range of NVidia Cards (no need to ship the proprietary driver anymore )
· Broadcom wifi STA proprietary driver (wl.ko) is shipped with this release as optional live module
· New bootsplash theme (yes, still good old bootsplash; plymouth caused problems during my tests)
· finally updated ZenLive manual addressing the changes introduced by switching to Slackware-live-scripts (don't expect a detailed guide, but the essentials are covered )
May 9th, 2011
· Zenwalk Live 7.0 is based on the sophisticated Slackware-Live-Scripts,
· being the first distribution using the brand new and not yet
· official released version 0.3.3
· Zenwalk Live consists of standard Zenwalk ISO packages following the main
· Zenwalk release with the latest XFCE desktop and applications
· and is shipped with a new artwork theme, additional localization
· packages for icecat/icedove and the nvidia proprietary driver.
· It also comes with full support for inputing and displaying Japanese.
· You'll get the latest stable version software incl. the most recent
· patches and bugfixes that have been released until now.
· It comes equipped with a "live" kernel patched to support aufs2,
· lzma compressed squashfs 4.0, bfs-scheduler and bootsplash.
· With ZenLive 7.0 the "persistent changes" feature is back.
· Also with this release local hard disc drives can now be mounted as
· normal user whitout the need of suing to root.
· It's possible to install the running Live-system to the hard disc drive
· or even transfer the live-CD into a bootable USB stick by using the
· included installer scripts.
Supported boot parameters for ZenLive 7.0 are:
· - copy2ram=yes (to copy live-environment into the RAM and run from there)
· - exclude=MODULE_NAME.lzm (to exclude a non optional module from beeing
· - home=PATH_TO_STORAGE (to store persistent changes onto a local drive or
· - include=nvidia-new-driver.lzm (to load optional nvidia-driver module)
· - keymap=xx (to use this keyboard layout)
· - locale=xx.UTF-8 (to use this language)
· - rootpw=PASSWORD (to set individual root password and enabling root
· - runlevel=x (to boot into Runlevel x instead of standard RL4 with Xorg)
· - sli=yes|no (to have the installer script available/unavailable during
· the live session)
· - useswap=yes|no (to enable or disable the usage of local swap
· partition/file if found on the system)
August 26th, 2010
· Livekernel with aufs and squashfs3.4 inc. lzma compression
· Scripts and tools that are needed for creating and running the live environment
· a few localizations for icecat/icedove
· the sazanami-fonts and uim + anthy as input method to support Japanese language display/input
· a unique custom theme for bootsplash and GDM
May 12th, 2009
· Faster boot (tuned init scripts, with realtime I/O scheduler)
· New Control Panel with integrated Disk Manager, Wifi and Wired Network Manager
· Gksu keyring based desktop granting system
· PAM authentication has been added to the system
· New Netpkg with orphan dependencies and "offline operation" support
· The powerful Exaile music jukebox has been added
· Gthumb has replaced Gqview and Gtkam for viewing images and importing them from your camera
· The Lightning PIM extension for Icedove is installed by default
· New artwork