March 18th, 2013
· Additional fixes for when mixing public and private windows. Add-on will now prefer to use public windows if possible.
· Removed support for versions of Firefox lower than 4 because of API calls.
March 12th, 2013
· Fixed automatic checking on startup not working introduced in 1.0.3.
· Fixed issues when mixing Private and Public windows in Firefox 20 and up.
· Removed support for browser versions older than Firefox 3 and SeaMonkey 2.1.
· Fixed issues with SeaMonkey support.
· Added Hy-AM locale
May 9th, 2012
· Prevent Yahoo! Mail Notifier toolbar icon from resizing the add-on bar.
October 5th, 2011
· Switched to different Yahoo server for checking for new mail as old one stopped working.
· Fixed system sound alerts in OS X - uses "New Mail" sound.
· Fixed check for new Yahoo Mail (so don't reload tab when opening mail).
· Updated locales.
January 14th, 2011
· Update Firefox max version to 4.0.*
· Fix transparent context menu issue.
June 20th, 2010
· Should now work with Yahoo Japan Mail again.
October 16th, 2009
· Option to show icon in status bar will no longer be hidden in Shiretoko, Namoraka and Trunk loads.
· This should only be hidden for Mozilla and SeaMonkey 1.x.x.
· Likewise the uninstall menu item will only show up in Mozilla and SeaMonkey 1.1.x.
October 10th, 2009
· Fixes to be compatible with Firefox 3.6 and latest trunk
· Some performance enhancements
· Status bar icon will no longer show as being logged in, when new windows are opened while not logged in.
September 21st, 2009
· Don't allow the status bar icon to be dragged if Organize Status Bar addon is installed. Just let OSB handle it.
· Update max application versions
· Updated locales
December 10th, 2008
· Revert to adding a cookie exception for Yahoo if 3rd party cookies are disabled as the work around I was using no longer works in Firefox 3.1
October 9th, 2008
· 1. If Yahoo returns an unexpected response when the add-on logs, in the add-on will now display Yahoo's response in a new tab in the current window so the user can take action. This covers cases where Yahoo returns a CAPTCHA when logging in or when it returns questions that need to be answered when the user logs in.
· 2. Some people had issues where the add-on would never check for new mail automatically. I changed the mechanism used to ensure that only one window has permission to check which works around this problem.
· 3. NoScript's Anti-XSS protection in the latest version of NoScript no longer interferes with the work around for bug 437174 I had put in Yahoo Mail Notifier version 22.214.171.124 so I removed the code I put in 126.96.36.199 that automatically adds a cookie exception for Yahoo and re-implemented the work around as it was in version 188.8.131.52. The cookie exception that Yahoo Mail Notifier added to Firefox in version 184.108.40.206 will automatically be removed. The work around will still only trigger if Firefox is set to block third party cookies and an exception is not added for Yahoo.
· NoScript's Automatic Secure Cookie feature will still interfere with the work around, so if the user enables that feature in NoScript and Yahoo Mail Notifier needs to use the work around, it will add an "ignore unsafe cookie" exception to NoScript's HTTP - Cookies tab. This is needed because Yahoo does not support secure cookies on any page except the login page. Complain to Yahoo about that one since it's their site that's not secure.
September 17th, 2008
· YMN now sets an allow cookie for Yahoo if third party cookies are disabled in Firefox 3.0.x.
September 4th, 2008
· Passwords are no longer lost when upgrading from Firefox 2.0 to Firefox 3.0.
· Any "lost" passwords will be recovered after upgrading to this version, if they haven't already been re-entered.