New in version 22.214.171.124
January 9th, 2014
- Yahoo disabled SSL access to us.yahoo.com, so now any attempt to read https://us.yahoo.com returns a 404 error, which breaks checking for new mail. I have no idea why this was changed, but as a result, the addon will no longer use SSL when performing the new mail check. This is simply grabbing the number of new emails so it's not terrible that SSL can't be used. As always logging in always uses SSL.
New in version 126.96.36.199 (December 17th, 2013)
- Add work around for invalid Yahoo SSL certificate. For some reason sometimes Yahoo doesn't use a correct certificate for us.yahoo.com, so in that case revert back to non-SSL in that case. I'm not sure what the pattern is here because sometime the certificate shows as being valid and other times not. None of the fetched data from the Yahoo home page is considered private with the possible exception of the number of new messages (the messages themselves are not fetched), so reverting to non-SSL doesn't really cause a loss of privacy or security. Logging in is still always done via SSL.
- Changes to make more compatible with Firefox 28 and up.
New in version 188.8.131.52 (November 27th, 2013)
- 184.108.40.206 still didn't work for Yahoo users in certain countries. I came up with a method that should work for everyone. As such I removed the alternate check option. If you still have problems, enable logging by changing the "extensions.ym_notifier.logenable" preference in about:config to true and send me all three log files after checking for mail.
- In addition I now use SSL when checking for new mail since it is now supported by Yahoo.
New in version 220.127.116.11 (November 20th, 2013)
- 1.0.7 didn't work for Yahoo users in certain countries because Yahoo is currently using two different server configurations which are not entirely compatible. This should now be fixed. I added a "alternate checking method" to force switching between the two methods, so if checking doesn't work, try checking that box in the preferences. If it still doesn't work, clear the "yahoo.com" cookies from the browser and log in to Yahoo again.
New in version 1.0.7 (November 13th, 2013)
- Update to handle changes made by Yahoo which broke add-on.
New in version 1.0.5 (March 18th, 2013)
- Additional fixes for when mixing public and private windows. Add-on will now prefer to use public windows if possible.
- Removed support for versions of Firefox lower than 4 because of API calls.
New in version 1.0.4 (March 12th, 2013)
- Fixed automatic checking on startup not working introduced in 1.0.3.
- Fixed issues when mixing Private and Public windows in Firefox 20 and up.
- Removed support for browser versions older than Firefox 3 and SeaMonkey 2.1.
- Fixed issues with SeaMonkey support.
- Added Hy-AM locale
New in version 1.0.2 (May 9th, 2012)
- Prevent Yahoo! Mail Notifier toolbar icon from resizing the add-on bar.
New in version 1.0.1 (October 5th, 2011)
- Switched to different Yahoo server for checking for new mail as old one stopped working.
- Fixed system sound alerts in OS X - uses "New Mail" sound.
- Fixed check for new Yahoo Mail (so don't reload tab when opening mail).
- Updated locales.