New in version 0.12.2
August 15th, 2013
- A desktop icon and launcher were included in the tarball.
- Compilation issues with GCC 4.7+ were fixed.
- Teleports in the editor will now show the "Active" sprite when lined up.
- The skin dialog now remembers the currently selected skin.
New in version 0.12.0 (October 31st, 2011)
- Major gameplay changes:
- A new block has been added, purple.
- Purple arrows and dot blocks are as fast as red arrows.
- Purple pushers are twice as fast as yellow pushers and bounce differently.
- Purple timers are like a mix between the green and red ones, explode a time after Xye activates them.
- Purple surprise blocks teleport Xye to their location if pushed.
- Purple gems do not exist, instead purple gem blocks are activated once you get all the stars in the level.
- Other features:
- The listbox control has been made closer to the familiar idea in usual GUI environments. For example, it supports the mouse wheel and can have a scroll bar if necessary.
- Xye's default color has been changed to a less saturated green tone.
- Official levels:
- Added two new tutorials.
- Updated the order of some of the levels.
- New levels: Complexity, puzzle, Chekhov's brick, Robot bot trouble and Swing bridge.
- Updates to other level files:
- Phipps.xye: Changed the color scheme for the levels from problem.kye.
- New editor features:
- Slightly more compatibility with level features.
- Bug fixes:
- Fixed the bug that made .Kye levels in the editor load with black walls, background and earth.
- Fixed bugs related to not being able to play the level's solution / a replay file in the first attempt when there is a saved game for that level.
- Other minor features and bug fixes.
New in version 0.11.1 (September 29th, 2011)
- Various bugs in the editor were fixed.
- 15 new levels were included.
- The editor can now open kye files.
New in version 0.11.0 (September 26th, 2011)
- This version has a new, detailed game skin.
- It has a Kye Jr. appearance skin.
- The editor now supports level files with multiple levels.
- The editor can also import the levels from multiple level files.
- It is now easier to change object rotation in the editor.
- There are minor bugfixes.
- New level: Take them out.
New in version 0.10.0 (August 1st, 2011)
- Whenever you leave a level file, the positions of all objects and the undo history will be saved automatically. The next time you open the level, it will be loaded automatically.
- The undo last move command is now enabled by default.
- A prompt Yes/No dialog will ask for confirmation before leaving the game.
- Moving Xye once will make the idle arrows go away permanently until Xye moves into portal or dies.
- Fixed colors in one of the extra level files: Mic4.
New in version 0.9.3 (January 17th, 2011)
- New levels and graphical updates, tooltips for a more friendly GUI, and bugfixes.
New in version 0.9.2 (November 15th, 2010)
- A couple of new levels were added.
- Graphics polishing and two new skins were added.
- A GUI skin browser was added.
New in version 0.9.1 (August 31st, 2009)
- Documentation is now placed in $prefix/share/doc.
- Various bugs were fixed.
- The creation of new processes is no longer required to switch between the editor and the game.
- Minor graphical updates were made.
- New levels were added.
- The level count was raised to 25 tutorials and 41 levels.
- Support for the sokoban SLC (XML) level format was added.
- The editor can now record solutions and save them to the level file.
New in version 0.9.0 (July 29th, 2009)
- The interface is a little easier to use, adding GUI buttons for actions that were previously only accessible through keyboard.
- Many new official and bonus levels. (32 new official levels).
- Tutorials were replaced by simpler and quicker levels, The old tutorials are still available in the oldtutorials level file.
- The default theme has been heavily modified torwards a different, cleaner style, the older theme is still available.
- New objects: stars and large blocks.
- The editor now supports portal and factory objects.
- Various bug fixes.
- "intertia" factories now correctly create the inertia in moving mode.
- Fixed a small glitch with blue walls turning darker after an undo operation.
- Firepads now turn the red blocks into fire red blocks, which are not too different to fireballs in gameplay, besides that they still count as red
- blocks. A bug has also been fixed that made these 'fireballs' get ahead by an extra frame, this makes firepads slightly slower than before.
- The level browser sorts files alphabetically.
- Clicking clear twice in the editor allows you to clear the layout completely, including the border walls.
- Source compilable in newer g++ versions (which now require more explicity #includes).
- Xye will remember the last file you played and the level number in it.