October 31st, 2011Major gameplay changes:
· A new block has been added, purple.
· Purple arrows and dot blocks are as fast as red arrows.
· Purple pushers are twice as fast as yellow pushers and bounce differently.
· Purple timers are like a mix between the green and red ones, explode a time after Xye activates them.
· Purple surprise blocks teleport Xye to their location if pushed.
· Purple gems do not exist, instead purple gem blocks are activated once you get all the stars in the level.
· The listbox control has been made closer to the familiar idea in usual GUI environments. For example, it supports the mouse wheel and can have a scroll bar if necessary.
· Xye's default color has been changed to a less saturated green tone.
· Added two new tutorials.
· Updated the order of some of the levels.
· New levels: Complexity, puzzle, Chekhov's brick, Robot bot trouble and Swing bridge.
Updates to other level files:
· Phipps.xye: Changed the color scheme for the levels from problem.kye.
New editor features:
· Slightly more compatibility with level features.
· Fixed the bug that made .Kye levels in the editor load with black walls, background and earth.
· Fixed bugs related to not being able to play the level's solution / a replay file in the first attempt when there is a saved game for that level.
· Other minor features and bug fixes.
September 29th, 2011
· Various bugs in the editor were fixed.
· 15 new levels were included.
· The editor can now open kye files.
September 26th, 2011
· This version has a new, detailed game skin.
· It has a Kye Jr. appearance skin.
· The editor now supports level files with multiple levels.
· The editor can also import the levels from multiple level files.
· It is now easier to change object rotation in the editor.
· There are minor bugfixes.
· New level: Take them out.
August 1st, 2011
· Whenever you leave a level file, the positions of all objects and the undo history will be saved automatically. The next time you open the level, it will be loaded automatically.
· The undo last move command is now enabled by default.
· A prompt Yes/No dialog will ask for confirmation before leaving the game.
· Moving Xye once will make the idle arrows go away permanently until Xye moves into portal or dies.
· Fixed colors in one of the extra level files: Mic4.
January 17th, 2011
· New levels and graphical updates, tooltips for a more friendly GUI, and bugfixes.
November 15th, 2010
· A couple of new levels were added.
· Graphics polishing and two new skins were added.
· A GUI skin browser was added.
August 31st, 2009
· Documentation is now placed in $prefix/share/doc.
· Various bugs were fixed.
· The creation of new processes is no longer required to switch between the editor and the game.
· Minor graphical updates were made.
· New levels were added.
· The level count was raised to 25 tutorials and 41 levels.
· Support for the sokoban SLC (XML) level format was added.
· The editor can now record solutions and save them to the level file.
July 29th, 2009
· The interface is a little easier to use, adding GUI buttons for actions that were previously only accessible through keyboard.
· Many new official and bonus levels. (32 new official levels).
· Tutorials were replaced by simpler and quicker levels, The old tutorials are still available in the oldtutorials level file.
· The default theme has been heavily modified torwards a different, cleaner style, the older theme is still available.
· New objects: stars and large blocks.
· The editor now supports portal and factory objects.
· Various bug fixes.
· "intertia" factories now correctly create the inertia in moving mode.
· Fixed a small glitch with blue walls turning darker after an undo operation.
· Firepads now turn the red blocks into fire red blocks, which are not too different to fireballs in gameplay, besides that they still count as red
· blocks. A bug has also been fixed that made these 'fireballs' get ahead by an extra frame, this makes firepads slightly slower than before.
· The level browser sorts files alphabetically.
· Clicking clear twice in the editor allows you to clear the layout completely, including the border walls.
· Source compilable in newer g++ versions (which now require more explicity #includes).
· Xye will remember the last file you played and the level number in it.