New in version 3.03August 17th, 2011
- The "fixed pitch" text extraction mode was added. "pdftops -paper match" was modified to handle PDF files with different-sized pages, so it will now select the matching paper size on a page-by-page basis.
- The ability for pdftoppm to write to stdout was added.
- The pdfdetach tool was added. 256-bit AES decryption was implemented.
- The t1lib section was commented out in the configure script, since t1lib has some potential security holes, and hasn't been updated in years.
- The font configuration xpdfrc commands were redesigned.
- The license was changed from GPLv2 to dual v2/v3 licensing.
New in version 3.02pl4 (October 20th, 2009)
- Several security vulnerabilities, reported as CVE-2009-3603, CVE-2009-3604, CVE-2009-3605, CVE-2009-3606, CVE-2009-3608, and CVE-2009-3609, were fixed.