New in version 0.99.8
April 2nd, 2014
- Fixed opening file using menus
- Fixed exit on panel close
- Fixed deadlocks
- Fixed segfault at exit
- Fixed keymap editor deadlock
New in version 220.127.116.11 (February 10th, 2009)
- Build fixes related to ImageMagick 6.4 & later.
- Fix an error in Matroska PTS calculation.
- Some front ends hang due to the hang fixes in 1.1.16. Fix this by removing a break statement.
- Fix broken size checks in various input plugins (ref. CVE-2008-5239).
- More malloc checking (ref. CVE-2008-5240).
- Fix race conditions in gapless_switch (ref. kde bug #180339)
- Fix a possible integer overflow in the 4XM demuxer. (TKADV2009-004.txt)
New in version 18.104.22.168 / 0.99.5 (xine-ui) (January 12th, 2009)
- Fix build with older ffmpeg, both internal and in Debian 5.0.
- Add version check for CACA library and disable CACA plugin if needed.
- Fix playback of some H.264 files (broken in 1.1.16).
- Various other build & bug fixes.
- Some FAQ list updates.
New in version 1.1.16 / 0.99.5 (xine-ui) (January 7th, 2009)
- Security fixes:
- Heap overflow in Quicktime atom parsing. (CVE-2008-5234 vector 1)
- Multiple buffer overflows. (CVE-2008-5236)
- Multiple integer overflows. (CVE-2008-5237)
- Unchecked read function results. (CVE-2008-5239)
- Unchecked malloc using untrusted values. (CVE-2008-5240 vectors 3 & 4)
- Buffer indexing using an untrusted value. (CVE-2008-5243)
- Integer overflows in the ffmpeg audio decoder and the CDDA server.
- Heap buffer overflow in the ffmpeg video decoder.
- Fix reported compilation failures (with C++ programs).
- Fix CDDB access in 64-bit builds.
- Fix seeking FLV clips that don't specify the movie length in the headers.
- Support H.264 and AAC streams within FLV.
- Fix timing issues (broken audio) on mingw.
- Add ID3 tag TDRC to replace/complement the deprecated tag TYER.
- Add a new meta-tag, "Composer", and use it in the FLAC demuxer.
- Correct AAC channel ordering for multi-channel audio, at least for FLAC when using ALSA or PulseAudio. (Needs a proper fix.)
- Add position-based seeking independent from seekpoints.
- Fix some XCB Xv attribute configuration breakage.
- Add a configuration option for Xv bicubic filtering, implemented in xf86-video-ati 6.9.1.
- Recognise Xv "blitter" adaptors for port selection purposes. NOTE: you will need to remove ~/.xine/catalog.cache when upgrading from xine-lib 1.1.15 or older if you wish to use this extra option.
- Fix MMS media requests where the URI contains %-encoded characters.
- Fix two hangs related to stopping playback of broken audio streams where no audio data is sent to the output thread.
- Fix WAV demuxer to send the last frames when they don't fit perfectly into the buffer