New in version 1.5.2
November 12th, 2013
- The highlight of this release is Phase 1 of a move to PDO which will make Xibo more secure and portable – for more information about this please see our PDO article. This release also includes a number of bug fixes and stability improvements.
New in version 1.4.2 (February 20th, 2013)
- This release fixes numerous functional bugs, as well as one security bug.
New in version 1.4.0 (October 29th, 2012)
- Significant improvements to permissions: http://xibo.org.uk/2012/05/06/introducing-an-improved-permissions-model/
- A new timeline editing window: http://xibo.org.uk/2012/06/26/introducing-a-new-region-timeline-editing-window/
- .NET Client Improvements: http://xibo.org.uk/2012/06/05/introducing-a-threaded-more-robust-windows-client-with-improved-library-management/
- Features for service providers: http://xibo.org.uk/2012/06/02/introducing-new-features-for-service-providers/
- Wake On LAN: http://xibo.org.uk/2012/06/01/introducing-wake-on-lan-for-display-clients/
- Layout Designer Jump List: http://xibo.org.uk/2012/05/31/introducing-the-layout-designer-jump-list/
- User Management: http://xibo.org.uk/2012/04/28/introducing-improved-user-password-management/
- Data Sets: http://xibo.org.uk/2012/04/15/introducing-datasets/
- Schedule Now
- Execute Shell Commands
- and much more.
New in version 184.108.40.206 (February 14th, 2011)
- New Features:
- Python Client Offline Mode
- Full details are available on the Offline Mode Page. A windows installer for the Offline Download client is provided along with the release downloads for Xibo 1.2.1.
- Python Client Configuration Utility
- The Python client now ships with a graphical utility for configuration. Thanks go to new team member Matt Holder for this. You can run ./configure.py in the client directory.
- Python Client Install Script
- The Python client can now be installed for you automatically on Ubuntu 9.10 and 10.04 thanks to Brian Mathis. Thanks also go to Brian for the new client splash screen in this version. Updated instructions are available on the Python Client installation page.
- Bugs Fixed:
- Improved icon set for colour blind users
- The red/amber/green indicators throughout Xibo have been replaced with versions that are suitable for people who are red/green colour blind.
New in version 1.2.0 (September 27th, 2010)
- 1.2.0 adds support for translating the web interface in to other languages. We currently distribute 24 language translations – some complete and some partial translations.
- Xibo will automatically select the appropriate language to display based on your browser language preferences.
- We couldn’t ship translations without the help of everyone who has contributed translated language strings. Our sincere thanks go out to everyone who has taken the time to add strings to the database. If you find that Xibo is partially or poorly translated in your language, or you find that Xibo isn’t available in your language at all, you can contribute or update translations via Launchpad at https://translations.launchpad.net/xibo
- We synchronise updated strings from Launchpad for each new release of Xibo, so your changes will be included for Xibo 1.2.1. There remain some parts of the interface that it isn’t possible to translate at the moment. We’re aware of this and will work towards full translatability in the 1.3 series.
- Display Groups:
- Displays can now be organised in to groups and content scheduled against those groups. This is especially helpful where there are large numbers of clients displays.
- The permissions system has been overhauled so that users can be members of multiple groups and can have permission to schedule content on individual displays or display groups.
- Updated Scheduler:
- New Schedule View ScreenshotThe Schedule page has been overhauled to better support large numbers of displays. A month view calendar is shown on to which you can overlay the schedule of any combination of displays or groups of displays.
- Updates to the add/edit schedule interface to use AJAX make the process of scheduling content faster and easier.
- New Webservice Framework:
- The whole webservice code has been overhauled to use PHP’s own SOAP server library. The old webservice used nuSOAP which is no longer actively developed and persistently logged spurious error messages to the Xibo log. The new webservice framework also lays the foundations for an API published by a second webservice to allow the development of remote authoring tools, mobile management tools, and integration with other systems.
- Microblog Search Media:
- This adds a new media type which displays the output of searching Identi.ca and/or Twitter in a region in a similar fashion to RSS Tickers. There is currently only client support in the Python client for this media type. See our blogpost for an overview of what this media type can be used to do. There is documentation for the new module in the manual.
- Copy Layouts:
- It’s now possible to duplicate an existing layout.
- Maintenance and Alerts:
- Xibo can now send you an email if there is a problem with a client. Old logs and statistics can be automatically purged. Information on setting up maintenance is available here. It’s strongly recommended that you setup maintenance to run periodically.
- .net Client Size and Positioning:
- The .net client can now run windowed. You can also manually select the position and size of the window that it runs in. This allows you to manually select which screen the client opens on in dual screen configurations.
- .net Client 64bit Flash Support:
- Flash media items should now work on 64 bit versions of Windows
- Schedule Lookahead:
- Xibo clients will now download 48 hours worth of schedule information from the server at each connection. This allows the clients to switch layouts in the absence of a Xibo server (for example if their network connection is unavailable). The .net client will also now change layouts precisely to the schedule sent from the server (within 10 seconds).
New in version 1.2.0 RC2 (September 1st, 2010)
- This release has a lot of bug fixes and a couple of last minute new features.
New in version 1.2.0 RC1 (June 26th, 2010)
- Bug Fixes:
- 553587 - Regions do not support editing multiple assignments of the same library media item
- 582696 - Files appear more than once in required files.
- 587215 - Member lists dont respond well with lots of entries
- 587952 - Schedule View Misses days on a month that spreads over 6 weeks
- 589581 - 1.1.1 webservice doesn't work over https or on non-standard ports
- 590074 - Schedule view does not show events on page refresh
- 595471 - "More" links aren't shown in schedule view if it's a 6 week month
- 587947 - Kit::ValidateParam fails on passwords containing ampersands
- 587954 - Form validation on fromDT field in the scheduler is inconsistent
- 588443 - Logged in lights still funky in 1.1.1
- 589819 - Change source link on login page
- 590073 - Events for Day - All events start on current day in column view
- 590351 - Example layout is missing the schemaVersion attribute
- 594759 - Microblog form error messages unclear
- 594770 - Preview image for microblogging is a broken image
- 594771 - Microblogging form needs Help link
- 594973 - 1.2.0-rc1 generates warning from Kit from webservice
- 595237 - Action buttons break over multiple lines
New in version 1.0.7 (March 21st, 2010)
- This is a client only release and functions with the 1.0.6 server.
New in version 1.0.4 (October 26th, 2009)
- This release fixes a security vunerability and we recommend that everyone upgrade.