New in version Build 17
April 24th, 2012
- Basic sea-faring functionality.
- Improvements to the Editor.
- Multiplayer scenarios (Fun maps).
- Support for dismantling buildings.
- Support to adjust the number of wares in a building.
- a new in-game help for many buildings. Work is ongoing.
- Improved in-game statistics.
- Improved rendering engine.
- new maps, sounds, music, graphics & animations.
New in version Build 16 (April 18th, 2011)
- a new scripting Engine that allows for complex scenarios.
- a new watch-me-do tutorial and a new scenario for the Atlanteans
- win conditions for multiplayer games which add variety
- OpenGL renderer
- improvements to the user interface in many places
- more control over which wares are stored in ware houses
- team support in multiplayer
- shared kingdom for multiplayer, more than one player can control the same kingdom
- new maps
- new sounds
- extremely many new graphics and animations: there is no concept graphic in widelands anymore.
New in version Build 15 (April 16th, 2010)
- Second carriers on busy roads: donkeys, oxen and horses.
- Scouts that can reveal a big area around their house
- Zoom inside the mini map
- A new scenario part to the "The green plateau"
- Statistics will now show the reason why a building is not producing anything
- Random maps will now contain resources, immovables and critters.
- Improvements to the messaging system
- new sounds
- new music
- new graphics
New in version Build 14 RC (September 17th, 2009)
- an user interface to set up target quantities for all wares, to allow a better regulation of your tribe's economy.
- basic internet gaming with lobby and chat.
- improved user interface (now supporting nearly all resolutions).
- full tree cycle (trees are now seeding, growing and dying themselves).
- improved game set-up (different start types and the possibility to switch start positions).
- a basic auto-generation tool for random maps
- a basic message system (currently only showing new warehouses and resources)
- an improved computer player
- some new maps including a completely new scenario mission.
New in version Build 13 (November 26th, 2008)
- Demand checks for production were added, so a site will not deplete the supply of a ware type to fill warehouses with another ware type, which easily caused deadlocks.
- Saved games can be loaded in multiplayer games.
- The framerate was limited to reduce CPU usage.
- A /me-command was added in multiplayer chat.
- Graphics were added for all Atlantean buildings.
- Maps, songs, and sound effects were added.
- The syntax of some game data formats and tribe economies was cleaned up.
- Many bugs were fixed.
- Many parts of the UI were improved.
New in version Build 13 RC (November 3rd, 2008)
- more stable multiplayer
- FPS regulation for less CPU usage
- improved economy routing
- many new sounds
- many new graphics and animations especially for the atlanteans
- balancing work for all tribes