August 17th, 2009
· This release includes different important stability bugfixes and improvements (like informing the NNTP client in the case of a posting that was too big).
· The administration tool now accepts a password parameter that makes it easier to embed in scripts for automatic user account generation.
May 12th, 2009ADDED FEATURES:
· Accepted and rejected authentications are now logged (including their (tried) username and their IP)
· do not make usernames, passwords and other NNTP dynamic parameters lower case. This lead to a problem that upper case usernames/pass- words weren't accepted. Thanks to @Nils Dabrock for reporting this bug.
· output the correct function name in db_check() on startup if an error occurs.
· implemented a useful string concatenation function
· implemented correct function name handlings in system logging macro DO_SYSL() by using __func__. This increases the quality of the logging system and prevents copy-n-pase errors.
· find qmake-qt4 binary for gui/src/compile too
February 9th, 2009
· This release able to log the IPs of established and closed connections.
· There were many bugfixes in this version, including two crash dump fixes.
October 5th, 2008
· now storing the posting body in files what makes SQLite faster and prevents the need for a 2.0.0-mysql release since we only use SQLite3 for meta information (header information, newsgroup meta data and the like).
· instead of 120.000 bytes a posting can now have a much bigger size (16 kbyte header, like before) and a 20 M huge body (one can change this in src/include/wendzelnntpdpath.h)
· improved some error handling in database.c/server.c
· ported code to windows once again
· tiny URL fix to our new website (wendzel.de) in configure script
September 24th, 2008
· The XHDR command can now understand the message ID as a parameter.
· Because of this, the database format needed to change, which means that all database files have to be recreated.
· The DATE command was added, a few SQL string messages were fixed, and a better NNTP command tokenizer was implemented.