New in version 1.4.3
August 17th, 2009
- This release includes different important stability bugfixes and improvements (like informing the NNTP client in the case of a posting that was too big).
- The administration tool now accepts a password parameter that makes it easier to embed in scripts for automatic user account generation.
New in version 1.4.2 (May 12th, 2009)
- ADDED FEATURES:
- Accepted and rejected authentications are now logged (including their (tried) username and their IP)
- do not make usernames, passwords and other NNTP dynamic parameters lower case. This lead to a problem that upper case usernames/pass- words weren't accepted. Thanks to @Nils Dabrock for reporting this bug.
- output the correct function name in db_check() on startup if an error occurs.
- implemented a useful string concatenation function
- implemented correct function name handlings in system logging macro DO_SYSL() by using __func__. This increases the quality of the logging system and prevents copy-n-pase errors.
- find qmake-qt4 binary for gui/src/compile too
New in version 1.4.1 (February 9th, 2009)
- This release able to log the IPs of established and closed connections.
- There were many bugfixes in this version, including two crash dump fixes.
New in version 1.4.0 (October 5th, 2008)
- now storing the posting body in files what makes SQLite faster and prevents the need for a 2.0.0-mysql release since we only use SQLite3 for meta information (header information, newsgroup meta data and the like).
- instead of 120.000 bytes a posting can now have a much bigger size (16 kbyte header, like before) and a 20 M huge body (one can change this in src/include/wendzelnntpdpath.h)
- improved some error handling in database.c/server.c
- ported code to windows once again
- tiny URL fix to our new website (wendzel.de) in configure script
New in version 1.3.0 (September 24th, 2008)
- The XHDR command can now understand the message ID as a parameter.
- Because of this, the database format needed to change, which means that all database files have to be recreated.
- The DATE command was added, a few SQL string messages were fixed, and a better NNTP command tokenizer was implemented.