New in version 1.710
September 30th, 2014
- Added additional protection against the Shellshock bug, for systems where bash is still vulnerable.
- Added the iSCSI TGTd module, for configuring the iSCSI server seen on CentOS and Redhat Enterprise 6 and above.
- More German translation updates thanks to Raymond Vetter, and Catalan from Jaume Badiella.
- Added support for the FreeBSD pkgng binary package repository as an alternative to ports.
New in version 1.701 (August 22nd, 2014)
New in version 1.670 (January 14th, 2014)
- More German translation updates thanks to Raymond Vetter, Catalan from Jaume Badiella, Norwegian updates from Stein-Aksel Basma and Bahasa Malaysia from Nawawi Jamili, Nizam Adnan and Weldan Jamili.
- Updated the Webmin Users, Webmin Configuration and Squid modules to use the standard UI library for a more consistent and themable UI.
- Added binary slave zone support and invalid chroot detection to the BIND module.
- Made the flow in the Disk Quotas module for enabling quotas from scratch simpler.
- Fixed FTP transfers to support IPv6-only servers, and added IPv6 network size support to Webmin's address-based access control.
- Added filtering for lists in the user, group and file chooser popups, thanks to a patch from Nawawi Jamili.
- Added support for rolling back LVM snapshots, thanks to a patch from Caspar Smit.
- Updated the Perl code in multiple modules to be strict and warnings compliant, to better detect bugs.
New in version 1.650 (August 19th, 2013)
- This release includes UI consistency improvements, better Apache 2.4 support, improvements for Mandriva Linux and FreeBSD, German, Norwegian, Polish, and Catalan translation updates, and much more.
New in version 1.600 (September 25th, 2012)
- This release includes a new default theme, iSCSI client and server modules, German, Dutch and Norwegian translation updates, status monitoring logging, VLAN and bonding support, UI cleanups, XSS attack fixes and many other small bugfixes and features.
New in version 1.510 (March 6th, 2010)
- Package updates are now fetched more efficiently from YUM and APT.
- Czech and Brazillian Portuguese updates, thanks to Karel Hudan and Djavan Fagundes respectively.
- The Webmin RPM now preserves the /etc/webmin directory when un-installed and then re-installed.
- Added support for creating EXT4 filesystems in the RAID, LVM and disk partitions modules.
- SATA drives using SCSI emulation on Linux now show up with SATA as the description.
- Collation order and InnoDB support in the MySQL module.
- Buttons to rename a chain and move rules in the Linux Firewall module.
- Disk space monitoring by percentage of free space in the System and Server Status module.
- Friendler inputs for changing the size of an existing LV in the Logical Volume Management module.
- Support for new NSEC3 algorithms for DNSSEC in the BIND module.
- Many more fixes and new features.
New in version 1.480 (June 12th, 2009)
- Translation updates for Catalan (thanks to Jaume Badiella), Russian, French (by ButterflyOfFire) and Dutch (thanks to Gandyman).
- Major improvements in Webmin's search function, including links to the page where the matching text or help was found.
- The LDAP Server module now supports the new LDIF-format configuration files, as seen on Ubuntu 8.10.
- Support for FreeBSD and OSX in the SMART drive status module.
- On Solaris, the Software Packages module now uses the new CSW command for installing packages, and can show package versions.
- BIND module improvements, including SPF redirect and explanation modifiers, mass record buttons in domain search results, and named.conf parsing fixes.
- DHCP lease grouping by subnet, improvements in lease utilization counts, an option to add new objects to a separate file, and custom option parsing fixes.
New in version 1.470 (March 18th, 2009)
- Fixes several bugs in Webmin 1.460, such as problems with the file manager, status monitoring and popup windows.
New in version 1.450 (January 26th, 2009)
- Added full DNSSEC support to the BIND module, including multiple keys per zone and automatic key re-signing.
- Converted the core API files and those for several modules into POD format, and brought function docs up to date.
- Big Russian and Dutch translation updates, thanks to Anton Statutov and Gandyman.
- Converted the UI in the MySQL, SpamAssassin, BIND and other modules to use the new Webmin UI library. Also cleaned up the layout of several modules, to make them faster and easier to use.
- Created a new easy-to-create theme type
- overlays, which can change the CSS and icons of other themes, without modifying the layout.
- Added Blowfish password encryption support and batch group export and creation to the Users and Groups module.
- The LDAP Server module can now be used to select which protocols slapd will accept, such as SSL and non-SSL. Also re-factored the connection code so that all three LDAP modules respect all settings in ldap.conf, thanks to Paul Ganci.
- Updated the MySQL module to use the MYSQL_PWD variable for authentication, instead of a command-line flag.
- Many other features and bugfixes.
New in version 1.440 (October 24th, 2008)
- Updated many modules to use the new Webmin user interface library, for a more consistent look.
- Added a large Hungarian translation update, thanks to Domagoj Bikic, and many Japanese translation updates, thanks to Kazuya Masuda.
- Many BIND module updates, such as a new root zone file, view-level zone restrictions, a page for finding free IP addresses, inputs for concurrent zone transfers and more.
- Fixed bugs in support for DHCP custom options.
- Re-designed the Read User Mail module to match Usermin, and added support for Exim, thanks to Emmanuel Florac.
- Added tabs for user and group lists to the LDAP and regular Users and Groups module, and improved AIX support.
- Many other features and bug fixes.