April 11th, 2013
· Printing support completely overhauled with a new printer= API
· Restored nvidia WebGL acceleration using driver version 313.30
· New support API which allows customers to send us their complete (non-browsing) logs for study to http://support.webconverger.com/[MACHINE_IDENTITY]
· Raft of package upgrades
· New prefs= API, to override Firefox preferences, typically used for omitting print headers
· Firefox 20 updates and Flash security updates
· Tweaks to our Firefox kiosk extension (version 45)
March 12th, 2013
· Provisioned the proprietary Google talk plugin, which will make us more applicable in Internet cafes. With a Google account you can make voice and video calls!
· New fonts, you shouldn't see a missing Unicode glyph for your language, thanks to the newly integrated Droid font coverage
· Arabic & Russian i18n support via the default [Alt+shift] key bind, through the boot Languages menu
· Firefox 19
· iptables= API described in filtering
· showprintbutton API described in printing
· 3.8.2 Linux kernel with better hardware support
December 11th, 2012
· New chrome=neon and black background Neon theme
· New homepage= expansions for WEBCID, WEBCVERSION & finally USBID for simple physical authentication in POS use cases
· New noescape option for further locking down of install boot
· Update Firefox 17.0.1 and flash update
· Bug fixes for https_proxy, xinput and disabling addons
November 6th, 2012
· New hosts= feature for simple internet blacklist/whitelist filtering
· Font hinting for smoother page renders
· Faster browser boot times
· Feature and security updates to Firefox to 16.0.2
· Security update to Adobe Flash player 126.96.36.199
· Various updates to the underlying Progress Linux system
October 9th, 2012
· Firefox 15.0.1
· xinput= touch screen calibration API
· log= debug API
· Restored 486 support for old PC hardware
· chrome=debug for browser debugging & testing
· Fix PDF support which was accidentally broken in 14.1
· Restore printing support with CUPS
August 16th, 2012
· New: 686 kernel, which should show better performance on multi-core hardware
· New: nVidia 302.17 support via bumblebee & VirtualGL for easing deployment
· New: Mozilla Firefox 14.0.1, using the official distribution
· New: noclean API option for deployments where the default clean slate is not desirable (e.g. Granny's bungalow)
· New: swarp API for mouse positioning, many thanks to the suckless community
· Update: Critical Flash update 188.8.131.52
· Fixes: Better xrandr screen handling, for portrait orientation try xrandr-all=--rotate right
· Fixes: Time synchronization doesn't alter the BIOS clock
· Fixes: Logging tweaks to increase signal over noise
· Fixes: Better lock down
May 26th, 2012
· Search engine changed to DuckDuckGo from Google after signing a revenue share deal on sponsored links like Linux Mint
· New boot API to override DNS
· New API to support scheduled shutdowns
· Updated Firefox to 10.0.4
· Updated Flash to 184.108.40.206
· Updated dwm to 6.0
February 8th, 2012
· Firefox 10
· Linux 3.2 with TCP Proportional Rate Reduction
· Removal of confusing tab groups from Firefox, making things simpler
· Stop accidental downloads of unknown mimetypes, therefore saving precious bandwidth
· For developers: Build upgraded to live build a42 from Debian Live and source has moved to Github
· 10 second retry on net Error, for cases where network isn't quite ready
· More (non-free) wireless firmware: realtek, libertas, brcm80211 & atheros, means your wireless kiosk will almost certainly work
January 31st, 2011
· A minor security update which fixes two issues raised by François Audirac
November 6th, 2010
· This version is based on Debian "squeeze" packages.
· Firefox 3.5.8 was updated to the latest stable release, 3.6.12.
· The boot animation has advanced from Splashy to Plymouth.
· Parallel booting was made faster thanks to Debian Live’s live-boot and live-config.
October 12th, 2009
· 5.6 is a bugfix release.
· The change to webconverger-base fixes the home button when more than one URL is specified on the boot command line.
September 14th, 2009
· This release allows pongs for sysadmins, allows multiple homepages to be set, and hides the cursor after inactivity.
· It has a new PDF viewer, an experimental install, and more.
January 20th, 2009
· This release disallows the removal of the Webconverger addon.
· It disables about:config, though it posed a minor risk.
· The browser has been updated to the 3.0.5 security release.
December 16th, 2008
· Adobe Flash is working correctly again, and has been updated to 10.0.12.36.
December 7th, 2008
· This release has initial wireless support, with several wireless firmware/drivers included.
September 4th, 2008
· A graphical installer that replaces the text installer.
August 29th, 2008
· Webconverger, while normally a live CD, now has an option in the GRUB boot menu to install to a hard drive.
· This is a preview beta that quickly allows users to set up a Web terminal that deletes all private data between sessions.