New in version 1.1.3
July 20th, 2015
- The latest minor release of WebIssues adds the possibility to archive and unarchive existing projects. When a project is archived, it is completely hidden from the projects tree and all folders and issues stored in it become inaccessible. However, unlike deleted projects, archived projects can be easily restored when necessary. This feature is especially useful when you have many projects and some of them are obsolete, but you don't want to lose any information in case it becomes necessary to recover it.
New in version 1.1.1 (December 6th, 2013)
- This is a bugfix only release that fixes a few problems with the Desktop Client, including: creating public alerts, displaying project descriptions, and small font size in issue details and the comment and description editor.
New in version 1.1 (November 13th, 2013)
- This major release adds many new features to WebIssues, including issue and project descriptions, text formatting, email inbox and subscriptions, global lists of issues, public alerts, anonymous access and more.
New in version 1.1 Beta 1 (May 22nd, 2013)
- The most imporant feature introduced in this version is the support for issue descriptions. They are similar to comments, but they are displayed in a distinctive way in the issue details and they can be entered directly when creating an issue. When updating from version 1.0, the first comment is automatically converted to a description. Also projects can now have a description, which can be edited by the administrators and viewed by all users when the project is selected in the tree.
- Both comments and descriptions can now use a new format of text with simple markup. It allows changing the font style, for example bold or italic, and creating simple formatting, for example bullet lists, quotations and code blocks with optional syntax highlighting. A toolbar above the text fields can assist in entering the correct markup.
New in version 1.0.5 (March 13th, 2013)
- This version fixes a few bugs in the server and the client.
New in version 1.0.4 (November 28th, 2012)
- This patch release fixes a bug related to storing attachments in a PostgreSQL database.
- The Issue history is now presented in a more compact format, and some configuration options have been added.
- It's now possible to define the initial view for each type of issue.
New in version 1.0.2 (May 29th, 2012)
- This patch release introduces Chinese Simplified translations.
- Issue details can now be included in email notifications, together with changes and comments.
- The appearance of the Desktop Client was improved on Mac OS X.
New in version 1.0 (December 20th, 2011)
- WebIssues now includes a built-in Web Client, which allows accessing the system from any location using a web browser. The mechanism of views, tracking state of issues, alerts and email notifications was completely redesigned. WebIssues has better localization support and extended types of attributes, e.g. multi-select drop down attributes. It's possible to move and delete issues and to edit and delete existing comments and attachments. Also a completely rewritten WebIssues Manual is available.
New in version 1.0 Beta 4 (December 6th, 2011)
- Version 1.0-beta4 fixes one important bug and a contains a few more cosmetic changes and additions. It also contains a complete version of the user's manual in both English and Polish.
New in version 1.0 Beta 3 (November 3rd, 2011)
- The third and most likely final beta release of version 1.0 is available. The main new features are the ability to clone existing issues and views and to configure the page size in list of issues and issue history. There are too many other improvements and bug fixes to list here.
New in version 1.0 Beta 2 (September 21st, 2011)
- The second beta version of WebIssues 1.0 contains a lot of small improvements and bug fixes. One of the main new features is the ability to create multi-select drop down attributes and use "in list" filter criteria. The WebIssues Server now supports transactions. Also an audit log was added which records important operations.
New in version 1.0 Beta 1 (July 11th, 2011)
- Version 1.0, which is currently under active development, features an integrated Web Client, and numerous new features, including vies, alerts and notifications, deleting and moving issues, and many more.
- The first beta version of WebIssues 1.0 supports migrating existing data from version 0.8.5 of the server. The first version of the WebIssues Manual is included in both the client and server packages. Other important features added in this version are: added support for PostgreSQL databases, installation of default issue types, and a completely redesigned mechanism of caching data in the Desktop Client.
New in version 0.9.7 (October 5th, 2010)
- A few bugfixes and some minor usability improvements.
- New French and Dutch translations were added.
New in version 0.9.6 (November 25th, 2009)
- This release contains mostly minor improvements and bugfixes as development is now focused on the new 1.0 version which will be available next year. A WebIssues Client bundle for OS X is now available and compatibility with KDE4 was improved, making the system even more cross platform than ever.
New in version 0.9.5 Beta 2 (May 27th, 2009)
- added: selecting and copying text in issue details view (task #5)
- added: changing the default sort order for issues of given type (task #9)
- added: more operators for non-editable drop down attributes in filters (task #79)
- added: drop down calendar for editing date/time attributes (task #92)
- added: possibility to change layout of the issue details view (task #118)
- fixed: support for cookies (bug #1)
New in version 0.9.5 Beta 1 (April 24th, 2009)
- added: three-pane user interface
- added: Portugese and Czech translations
- fixed: crash when deleting an attribute
New in version 0.9.4 (March 11th, 2009)
- fixed: compilation with static libraries
- fixed: marking state of watched folders and issues
- updated German, Russian and Polish translations
- updated user's manual and created new style
- added OpenSLL exception to the license
New in version 0.9.4 RC1 (February 3rd, 2009)
- added: portable installer and launcher for Windows
- added: marking issues as read / unread
- added: limit of comment length
- added: language setting
- fixed: behavior of right click on lists
New in version 0.9.4 Beta 2 (January 10th, 2009)
- Second beta releases of both the server and the client are available. Version 0.8.4-beta2 of the WebIssues Server adds the SMTP mailing engine which allows sending e-mail notifications using an external SMTP server. It also adds support for the Firebird database. Version 0.9.4-beta2 of the WebIssues Client extends support for e-mail notifications by adding automatic notifications for modified issues in selected folders. It also adds command line options for overriding default file locations and fixes a few bugs.
New in version 0.9.4 Beta 1 (November 18th, 2008)
- added: detecting server features
- added: editing user preferences
- added: server-side notifications
- added: Windows installer sources to the package
New in version 0.9.3 (October 20th, 2008)
- The main features introduced in this release are creating reports and exporting data. Reports containing multiple issues or details of a single issue can be printed directly from the application or exported as HTML and PDF documents. A list of issues can also be exported to a file in CVS format accepted by most spreadsheet and database applications.
- Another new feature is support for SSL connections, which allows to connect to the WebIssues server using a secure, encrypted connection. In addition, a few possible crashes were fixed, major code clean up and refactoring was performed and German translation was added. Other translations and the user's manual was updated.