New in version 2013-07-15
July 15th, 2013
- Improves interoperability between Wandora and R language environment. It is now easier to transfer topic map graphs to R and vice versa. Documentation is available at Statistical analysis of Topic Maps in R.
New in version 2013-06-28 (June 29th, 2013)
- New topic panel Sketch grid.
- Tesseract OCR extractor.
- Occurrence and subject locator resource Mediawiki uploader.
- New server modules: D3 association type bubbles and D3 association role bubbles.
- Numerous smaller enhancements and fixes.
New in version 2013-04-30 (May 1st, 2013)
- Undo and redo all topic map operations. Finally.
- Updated Twitter, Facebook and Europeana extractors.
- Numerous fixes and enhancements.
New in version 2012-01-28 (January 29th, 2013)
- Dockable topic panels allow Wandora user to work simultaneously with several different topic panels.
- Europeana extractor transforms Europeana API feeds to topic maps.
New in version 2012-04-30 (May 1st, 2012)
- Template mechanism of Processing topic panel has been changed. Now user writes a complete Processing applet instead of a partial applet. All enclosed sample sketches have been updated to follow this change.
- Two completely new sample sketches for the Processing topic panel:
- Sphere3D.sketch implements a navigable graph visualization on a surface of a sphere.
- Euclidean3D.sketch implements a navigable graph visualization in an euclidean 3D space.
- Three new server modules for Wandora's embedded server:
- timeline visualizes RSS and Twitter extractions using Simile timeline.
- googlemaps visualizes GeoNames, Oma kaupunki and Palvelukartta extractions using GoogleMaps.
- New York Times Article Search API extractor.
New in version 2012-02-29 (March 1st, 2012)
- Some server modules didn't include topic map associations in their feeds. These modules XTM topic map service module, JTM topic map service module, GRAPHML service module and RDF service module have been fixed and returns now association data too.
- Default behavior of XTM 2.0 import has interpreted zero length basenames as valid basenames and included these into the topic map. On the other hand XTM 2.0 export interprets no-basenames as zero length basenames. Together these features caused accidental merges (because Wandora merged topics with a same basename). Now XTM 2.0 import feature has been fixed and interprets zero length basename as no-basename.
- Creating new layer selects now the new layer automatically.
- Restoring Wandora project file selects the layer which was selected when project was saved.
- Changing topic's basename in topic tree is possibly by mouse clicking the tree node three times. If topic has no basename topic tree views topic as a subject identifier. Changing the subject identifier in the tree saved changed subject identifier to topic's base name. Now subject identifier change in topic tree changes topic's subject identifier.
- Delete topics feature has been changed. Now Wandora can remove also all topic map structures that prevent topic deletion. If Wandora finds such topic map structures the application asks user if she would like to remove these structures and then deletes the topic.
- Duplicate topic feature works now even if the topic doesn't locate in current layer. However, having another layer selected actually stores the duplicate into the selected layer.
- Split topics features works now even if the topic doesn't locate in current layer. Split parts are always stored into the selected layer.
- Wandora features a new tool called Associate points in polygon occurrence carrier which takes to topic sets. First topic set has geo-coordinates as occurrences and second topic set has geo-polygons as occurrences. Tool iterates all point-polygon pairs and associates occurrence carrier topics if point is inside polygon. This tools is useful if Wandora user needs to refine geo-occurrences into associations.
- Wandora features a new tool called Associate nearby point occurrence carriers which creates associations between topics that carry geo-coordinates close enough. This tools is useful if Wandora user needs to refine geo-occurrences into associations.
- New feature Simple CSV association extractor reads CSV file and transforms it to topics and associations. Each CSV row is transformed to an association and each value to a topic. Association type and role types are predefined topics.
- Uploading and downloading occurrences to/from Pastebin feature has been extended to cover any topic collection including topic maps (layer context).
- Log messages have been improved. Miscellaneous UI improvements.
New in version 2011-11-30 (December 1st, 2011)
- Processing topic panel makes Wandora a Processing programming environment with a topic map API. Processing topic panel allows Wandora user to execute Processing scripts against current topic or whole topic map. Processing topic panel gives Wandora user an excellent development tool for topic map visualizations.
- R topic panel follows the idea of Processing topic panel. It offers a feature to execute R scripts against current topic and topic map. Notice, Wandora has also a separate R console released earlier.
- Oma kaupunki event and service extractor. Oma kaupunki is a Helsinki city based news, events and service portal. Wandora extractor allows user to extract local event and service information.
- Treemap topic panel is a topic visualization based on treemapping algorithm.
- Twitter extractor. Yes, finally Wandora user can perform Twitter searches and transform search results to topics and associations.
- Google Translation feature uses now Google Translation API v2.
- Wandora's Firefox and Thunderbird plugin works now on FF version 8 and TB version 8.
- Numerous UI changes and enhancements.
New in version 2011-09-19 (September 20th, 2011)
- Fixes GeoNames extractors. Now Wandora's GeoNames extractors require a username provided by the GeoNames.
- R console window has been rewritten.
- Topic table allows any topic selection now. Java's JTable component allows selections of single rows and single columns only (which is fine if you have only one column). Now Wandora overcomes the default limitation.
- Occurrences can be duplicated (to other type). User can also change occurrence's type.
- We have tested Wandora on Java 7.
- New feature: Export similarity matrix. Similarity matrix is similar to topic adjacency matrix but matrix cell contains a value representing selected similarity of row and column topics. Feature has predefined similarity measures of Subject locator similarity, Highest subject identifier similarity, Basename similarity etc.
- Wandora's Firefox and Thunderbird plugin works now on FF version 6.0 and TB version 6.0.
New in version 2011-08-15 (August 15th, 2011)
- SQL query result set extractor
- R integration. Requires separate R language installation.
- uClassify integration
- Enhanced association editor supports now default type and roles and remembers your last selection.
- Enhanced occurrence editor supports now default type and remembers your last selection.
- Enhanced HelMet library data extractor supports now paging.
- Some minor bugs fixed.